The butchers cellar

2,397 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Yogi
1outawayBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New steakhouse in Woodway..same location as oak and ivy

https://butcherscellar.com/

Seems like they've been doing construction on it for at least a year…
Snuf
Scheduled to open May 17.
1outawayBear
Snuf said:

What on earth took the construction so long they began breaking ground nearly two full years ago!
GoldenBear03
Great family behind this. BU alum and good BU supporter through the years.
Calrocks94
It's owned by the family that owns the findery
Was over by the building the other day looks really nice. Excited to try.
bularry
1outawayBear said:

Snuf said:

What on earth took the construction so long they began breaking ground nearly two full years ago!
restaurant permitting can be brutal and time consuming
bankerbear
Not only permitting, but the entire supply chain of development is a major challenge. Most FF&E will come from China which slows things down. Lack of quality subs on job sites is also huge challenge.

Factor in the time needed for a businesses to hire and train a staff; it's not for the faint of heart.

People that have never borrowed a dollar, built a building and hired/trained a new staff are truly clueless on this front.

It's nice to be a complaining consumer these days!
1outawayBear
bankerbear said:

Not only permitting, but the entire supply chain of development is a major challenge. Most FF&E will come from China which slows things down. Lack of quality subs on job sites is also huge challenge.

Factor in the time needed for a businesses to hire and train a staff; it's not for the faint of heart.

People that have never borrowed a dollar, built a building and hired/trained a new staff are truly clueless on this front.

It's nice to be a complaining consumer these days!

The building has been built for a long time, but the owner (the Stewman's) told me 2.5 years ago it's going to be a high end steak house. I used to office out of the top floor of the building that looks over it. I just wish it could've finished before I moved office locations lol
bankerbear
It was just an empty shell. I'm sure it took the Architect and ID 9-12 months to finalize plans etc. Odds are a "custom" project like this had lots of changes along the way too.

Hopefully it will be a great addition to our Woodway.
1outawayBear
bankerbear said:

It was just an empty shell. I'm sure it took the Architect and ID 9-12 months to finalize plans etc. Odds are a "custom" project like this had lots of changes along the way too.

I just hope they'll be the first "high end " steakhouse to be open on Sunday. Really pisses me off I can't get a nice steak on a Sunday evening in Waco
BearVerdad
1outawayBear said:

bankerbear said:

I just hope they'll be the first "high end " steakhouse to be open on Sunday. Really pisses me off I can't get a nice steak on a Sunday evening in Waco

And just try finding an 8 pc and waffle fries for lunch on a Sunday!
1outawayBear
BearVerdad said:

1outawayBear said:

bankerbear said:

Go to Dallas Austin or Houston and there are tons of high end steakhouses open Sunday
BearVerdad
1outawayBear said:

BearVerdad said:

1outawayBear said:

bankerbear said:

Go to Dallas Austin or Houston and there are tons of high end steakhouses open Sunday

Very true, I was just laying down one more Sunday issue. Lots of after church biz, so you'd think someone would
offer good steaks on Sunday
Plumb-line
BLVD is open on Sunday. As is red herring
1outawayBear
Plumb-line said:

Hotel steak place on the ****ty end of town doesn't count as high end in my book
MrGolfguy
1outawayBear said:

Hotel steak place on the ****ty end of town doesn't count as high end in my book
LIB,MR BEARS
1outawayBear said:

Plumb-line said:

Smug much?
beerman
Maybe what you meant to convey is that you don't like to leave Hewitt after dark.

Wife and I were at BLVD last Friday, it was hopping. They have live music on Friday nights (former Restless Heart member plays piano) and the scene is festive. Lots of out of towners which is pretty cool.

I'll put the eateries north of Hwy 6, aka, the sh**y side of town, against all the others.
FrankFallonCalling
beerman said:

the sh**y side of town
You mean the CtPaTown

bularry
holy cow how have I never seen that! hilarious
CammoTX
FrankFallonCalling said:

beerman said:

the sh**y side of town
You mean the CtPaTown

Wed Wobster lmao
FrankFallonCalling
CammoTX said:

FrankFallonCalling said:

beerman said:

the sh**y side of town
You mean the CtPaTown

Wed Wobster lmao

You seem like more of a SoDoSoPa guy, TBH.

Robert Wilson
I think it's amazing that there are enough decent places to eat in Waco now that we can have a discussion like this one. Who'da thunk it.
Yogi
Red Herring has a great piano player that plays all night.

Can't wait until the oyster bar opens.

I also love the BLVD.

But my two favs are still 135 Prime and 1424.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.