Dawn Staley being woke again

8,096 Views | 96 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by TinFoilHatPreacherBear
txturtlegirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cp2310
Please define"woke" for me.
Wbbfan29
So what ... God yall pick apart everything.
MrGolfguy
it's the past tense of wake
Brownbw
Cp2310 said:

if you don't know you might be one
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
Cp2310
It's a serious question. Whenever someone calls someone woke I always ask them to define it. For some reason I never get a definition.
Brownbw
Cp2310 said:

It's a serious question. Whenever someone calls someone woke I always ask them to define it. For some reason I never get a definition.
examples might be
California new age
Man can be a women if he thinks he is
Men can play women's sports if they feel kind of feminine
We need to close down the petroleum industry because of global warming
Airplanes need to be outlawed because they are too loud when they fly overhead
There are plenty more examples but not sure I know a good definition that doesn't involve the word stupid. Don't know if this helps but I tried
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Cp2310
I consider myself woke because
I believe women should get equal pay to men
I believe that a woman should have 100% control of her body
I believe all men and women are created equal even though some folks don't
I believe that global warming is real
I believe Black Lives Matter ALSO because some think they don't
I believe in common sense gun control. Background checks
I believe that SOME police DO NOT need to be police officers because they are in it for the wrong reason.
Finally I believe the term woke is used as a catch all boogy man for things conservatives don't like.
Self Made Bear
Cp2310 said:

But you're not really asking because you're seeking a definition, you're asking to put the other person in the spot.
Cp2310
lol. Not really worried about putting anyone on the spot because when you start calling others woke you put yourself on the spot.
Jorkel
Cp2310 said:

I believe in common since gun control. Background checks
I believe that SOME police DO NOT need to be police officers because they are in it for the wrong reason.
Finally I believe the term woke is used as a catch all boogy man for things conservatives don't like.

I agree.
Adriacus Peratuun
Cp2310 said:

I believe in common since gun control. Background checks
I believe that a Baylor education should have taught you the difference between the words "since" and "sense".

I also believe your virtue signaling registers in the red.
Cp2310
Thanks for the pick up on the word prediction typo. And yes I m big on stating who I am and what I stand for.
Adriacus Peratuun
Cp2310 said:

Thanks for the pick up on the word prediction typo. And yes I m big on stating who I am and what I stand for.
Even when it isn't part of the topic of discussion.

Shoehorning abortion, BLM, global warming, gun rights, etc. into a discussion about a female BB coach opining for male participation in women's sports is quite the feat of mental gymnastics.
Cp2310
lol actually no. Woke is woke. ALL of the topics you listed are somewhere in the woke spectrum. Since there is no concrete definition of woke then we ALL get to decide on our own what it means and bring it into any so called woke conversations.
Eball
When you are right you are right!
mcleod66
txturtlegirl said:

I don't believe a word she said right there. It took her forever to even get it out. Very disingenuous. She's just trying to sound woke but not very believable in my opinion bc it's a farce to even consider such a thing. She knows it. No way girls can compete against pretend girls. Ridiculous concept
mcleod66
Cp2310 said:

How bout addressing what she said. That's a bit more important than defining woke.
Cp2310
Who says it's more important? You? You are not allowed to define what's important to me.
ScottS
Cp2310 said:

YKIYK
Brusinbear2001
i think it was more so because that is the most random question to ever be asked in a post game conference and nobody why she said she was getting bashed. If she said no comment people would make assumptions, i do not know what the point of it was in that moment AT ALL. Regardless of what the coach thinks about it.
Brownbw
Cp2310 said:

you are right that conservatives wouldn't agree with you about some of those things you mentioned. Some they would. Some were just opinions like mine but at least one was criminal and immoral.
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Wbbfan29
What a dumb question to ask during a championship run. I wonder if he will ask the same question to the men.
BUatbirth
Agree, dumb question…dumber answer…moving on, next topic please
IowaBear
Question was definitely dumb.
I'll get flak but I've always been of the opinion biological guys should play against other biological guys. For the obvious competitive reasoning
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Thankfully the scumbags who currently support men competing against women are decreasing. Many of the scumbags, or really the progressive lemmings, who formerly supported it have scurried off and hid. They're pretending that they never supported such an idiotic and unfair idea. Only the media and the progressive religionists are still spewing the nonsense. They are cold and heartless and don't give a rip about real women who've dedicated their young lives to becoming the best they can be. Nope they'd rather a man get it, not in the name of fairness, but in the name of their progressive religion. They are fools and evil hearted.

Long live biological female sports.
BigGameBaylorBear
Let's put some wigs and makeup on the Foster boys and let em compete against the girls. Baylor is going to be at the top of women's basketball again
historian
Brownbw said:

Cp2310 said:

examples might be
California new age
Man can be a women if he thinks he is
Men can play women's sports if they feel kind of feminine
We need to close down the petroleum industry because of global warming
Airplanes need to be outlawed because they are too loud when they fly overhead
There are plenty more examples but not sure I know a good definition that doesn't involve the word stupid. Don't know if this helps but I tried

All too often, it seems, those who are woke are advocating the most asinine (aka stupid) ideas & policies such as some of the examples listed above. It's a modern term to identify Leftists because they have worn out some of the old labels: "liberal" (improperly defined), politically correct, etc. The old terms are still used, especially "liberal," but many people realize how dangerous the ideas are.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
Cp2310 said:

lol actually no. Woke is woke. ALL of the topics you listed are somewhere in the woke spectrum. Since there is no concrete definition of woke then we ALL get to decide on our own what it means and bring it into any so called woke conversations.

Since you have demonstrated that you already know what it means, why did you ask for a definition of "woke"? If it wasn't "to put someone on the spot", what was the motive?
historian
Brusinbear2001 said:

i think it was more so because that is the most random question to ever be asked in a post game conference and nobody why she said she was getting bashed. If she said no comment people would make assumptions, i do not know what the point of it was in that moment AT ALL. Regardless of what the coach thinks about it.

I think the wisest answer she could have given would gave been something like this:

"We are preparing to play the most important game of the year. That question is not relevant now because neither team has such a player. Right now, it only serves as a distraction and I am not focused on it because it serves no useful purpose towards the immediate objective."

It would have been 100% accurate, largely neutral, & would have put the onus on the questioner, where it belonged.

My guess, is that she couldn't help herself & took the bait.

Postscript: We should remember that this is the same discharge who refused to play BYU over a fake scandal deriving from a false accusation against one of their players. If memory serves, even after the truth came out she stuck to her bigoted decision.
Brusinbear2001
yeah but randomly in a post game what do you expect to do, she obviously didn't get to prep for that or anything so i think she gave her honest answer. It hasn't happened so it doesn't matter what she thinks but just like everyone on this app has an opinion she is also allowed to have one as well. No this isn't at you but at everyone else posting on this and trying to tear her down.

Last weekend people hated that she praised the lord after a game and this time she is to liberal because of her opinions on transgender athletes playing sports. Regardless you can never make anyone happy so live by your own set of values and what you want your life to be.
historian
Cp2310 said:

My classical liberal (aka "conservative") take on this list:

Men & women should both be paid on the same basis: merit as determined by the person or organization paying the salary. In some instances, men will be paid more in others women will based upon what each has earned.

Men & women should have control of their own bodies when that does not involve harm to others, including a baby in the womb. Murder of the innocent is an evil that should not be tolerated.

All men & women are created equal. This is backed repeatedly by scripture. In the eyes of some people, however, some are more equal than others. That leads to all kinds of evils.

Global warming is real but it is mostly natural because the sun goes through warming & cooling phases. It always has. The extent to which humans can control the temperatures of the entire planet are very limited and the idea that any of us are "destroying the planet" in our daily lives by driving cars or using air conditioners is foolish & dangerous. This is particularly suspicious when the elites pushing these ideas (& worse) routinely demonstrate their lack of seriousness through their own extravagant behavior (private jets, gas guzzling cars, inefficient homes, etc).

All human lives matter, including babies in the womb & cops who try to protect us from criminals. BLM & other such organizations think otherwise. Oftentimes, they are dangerous extortion rackets.

The 2nd amendment is fundamental to a free society & the "common sense" gun controls needed are largely in place, perhaps going too far. Again, politicians & celebrities advocating this while living in gated communities with armed guards have zero credibility.

Some police do not need to be police. This can be said of every profession. The solution to bad cops is honest reforms and an honest investigation when something goes wrong. The high profile incidents of cops shootings perps do not always involve this and justice is not always promoted. The media and "bomb thrower" activists & politicians usually make matters worse because of their radical agenda.

Men and women are equally human but different from one another and thus cannot always compete together. In most areas of endeavor (intellectual, economic, social, etc) they can but most definitely not in sports. Men's & women's bodies are too different and men should never be allowed to compete against women in any of these physical activities. It's a terrible form of cheating based upon obvious lies and it's a form of misogyny. It also plays women at serious risk of physical harm with multiple examples already documented.

Finally, like much of public discourse, catch-all phrases (ie "woke") will have a variety of meanings & will be used by people across the ideological spectrum for various purposes: to explain, to debate, to attack, etc. An honest, civil discussion can contribute to people's understand of complex issues and might even lead to positive change. America could certainly use more of both.
historian
IowaBear said:

I'll get flak but I've always been of the opinion biological guys should play against other biological guys. For the obvious competitive reasoning

You should not get any flak for an obvious common sense statement. But you might.
historian
Good point. It was a terrible question & seems like it was meant to create a furor. If that was the goal it worked. Not good.
ScottS
IowaBear said:

Why would you get flak?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.