PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Season Five

JETHRO
12-11-06, 12:54 PM
Each contestant seems to be releasing a CD every other week.

In stores:

Kelly Pickler: "Small Town Girl" has sold 125,000 CD's since October 31.
Chris Daughtry: "Daughtry" is nearly Gold after two weeks on the charts.

Coming Soon:

Taylor Hicks: "Taylor Hicks" releases tomorrow.
Katherine McPhee: "Never Saw it Comin'" releases in late January.

Which of these will be good and which will be in the bargain bin by March? Has anyone heard these CD's or singles and are they any good?

Finally, with Clarkson and Underwood having hit CD's plus new releases by Aiken and Studdard, is anyone sick of AI yet?

DONNIE D
12-11-06, 01:08 PM
Pickler has a song"Red High Heels" that has been playing on XM a little. Has a good beat and a good story, but doubt it will make it. IMO I still don't like Underwood.

BigOlBurlyBear
12-11-06, 01:10 PM
The show is, and I hate to admit this, fun to watch. Seeing these kids trying out and the ones who just suck anus thinkin they deserve a shot is just good TV.

Pretty_N_Pink
12-11-06, 01:19 PM
JETHRO - I have been sick of this show since the first season and it gets more and more ridiculous as the years pass. Simon's antics were funny the first time around and maybe the second, but now, he's a complete bore and just an obnoxious, rude Brit. Don't even get me started about Paula.

As for the winners and near-winners, Kelly Clarkson's stuff has gotten better as she's put in more rock and less pop. Carrie Underwood has a great voice, but since I rarely listen to country music stations, I've only heard one of her songs. The Chris guy that turned down the opportunity to sing for Fuel is awesome and should have beat out that other guy. Fortunately for him, he didn't have to win to gain some success.

Did Ruban Studdard ever do anything??? I imagine we'll see him on "Celebrity" Fit Club soon. And Clay Aikan is ANNOYING. I couldn't name one of his songs with a gun to my head. What about Fantasia or whatever that girl's name was? I don't remember if she won or was the runner-up, but haven't seen her since.

AI used to be good during the audition phase, but that only lasted about 2 seasons. Now, people with no lives and no jobs line up to make a$$es of themselves on purpose and that's no fun.

BaylorBabe
12-11-06, 01:56 PM
Fantastic Burrito had this reallly funny ghetto song that went something like 'this goes out to all the baby mommas' - it was so trashy :lol:

JETHRO
12-11-06, 04:28 PM
Don't forget William Hung

http://www.dayton.wednet.edu/hs/studentdirectory/07baike/Pictures/People/William%20Hung.jpg

Texas Golfer
12-11-06, 04:52 PM
I've discovered a neat gadget called the remote. It comes in very handy when I come across shows that I don't like.

Yogi
12-11-06, 05:27 PM
In stores:

Kelly Pickler: "I'm slightly better than livestock" has sold 125,000 CD's since October 31.

Coming Soon:

Taylor Hicks: "Spazercise" releases tomorrow.

Pretty_N_Pink
12-11-06, 06:36 PM
Jethro - Please don't make us remember William Hung. His act was funny for about 5 seconds.

Yogi - That was actually funny.

JETHRO
12-11-06, 08:27 PM
Weird Al's, "White and Nerdy" describes Hicks. ;)

"Whiter than sour cream." :lol: