PDA

View Full Version : The Community Perception of Baylorfans

CammoTX
12-12-06, 12:45 PM
When someone (a Baylor alum) found out I posted on Baylorfans they got somewhat disgusted. When I asked why, they said that "that website is for bashing Baylor." When asked to elaborate, they said that the people on there bash coaches and the administration. Of course, this person had never actually read the board.

I bring this up because I wonder if this is an isolated incident. I believe that we as fans and alumni have the right to criticize our coaches and administration when they make bonehead decisions. I think most agree with me here. My question is this: are we overly pessimistic on this website? Are we to the point that baylorfans is percieved in a negative light to most of those in the Baylor community? Isn't this indicative of all college message boards?

BigOlBurlyBear
12-12-06, 12:48 PM
No, most people haven't heard of BFans.

CammoTX
12-12-06, 12:50 PM
No, most people haven't heard of BFans.

Of those who have then

DONNIE D
12-12-06, 12:58 PM
I spoke with a friend in Waco when I was last there. He said the same thing. He ask me, why in the world I would get on here. (he knows I did not attend Baylor, He did) He told me if I ever needed to know something about Baylor, call him. I laughed, and said that might be a little expensive for me.
I then explained about Chit-Chat, and the not-so Baylor things we discuss, and by days end, he had agreed to give it a shot. Sometimes I wonder if he is one of our new posters. Most of you that know me, know I'm here because Waco(Elm Mott) is my home. I've been a Baylor fan since a very young age. I 'm not intrested in getting into jap-slaps with some on R&P, and even the sports boards get sideways sometime when we don't play good, but Chit-Chat is a place where I can go and shoot the sh** with people I've met, and to this day, still enjoy it very much.

So that being said, if you don't want to discuss what's on the board, just read and stay out of it. You'll find another thread to jump in on.

Bexar Fan
12-12-06, 01:25 PM
......."that website is for bashing Baylor."
......none of that at the bash Sunday night!

That said, I agree with Donnie. The sports boards, and occasionally R&P, get sideways sometimes. A brief casual view of the site can be too easily taken out of the overall context, and provide a very negative view. I wish more posters would keep that in mind.

Yogi
12-12-06, 01:43 PM
Some know it exists. Most don't care one way or the other.

LTbear
12-12-06, 02:11 PM
"From the outside looking in, you can't understand it; from the inside looking out, you can't explain it."

I feel dirty.

Bexar Fan
12-12-06, 02:14 PM
I feel dirty.
You sir, are in good company.

BearChick
12-12-06, 02:16 PM
Yes, the favorite pastime of many on this board, be it sports or R&P is complaining. I can see where some who didn't know the personalities on here would think it's just one big Internet space of complaining suck.

JETHRO
12-12-06, 02:20 PM
This board represents Baylor bottom-feeders: wanna-be's, dorks and dirty old men. Most Baylor graduates are too intelligent to spend hours posting on an outdated-looking gripefest like this place. It tends to attract the retired, the cubicle jockey and the unemployed...basically people with an axe to grind...and should not represent the university as a whole.

Having said all of that, I have nearly 8,000 posts...:lol: :blush:

LTbear
12-12-06, 02:21 PM
You sir, are in good company.
:lol:

:cool:

tommie
12-12-06, 02:52 PM
Some know it exists. Most don't care one way or the other.
I agree. I know people who think the internet is jst for **** and don't get how we've built a community.

All of us whom have received support in times of need view this differently.

eastdallasloco
12-12-06, 03:06 PM
i just came to complain but i stayed for the no underwear threads. thanks bfans, youve taught me valuable lessons on how to give good interweb.

Yogi
12-12-06, 03:39 PM
I agree. I know people who think the internet is jst for **** and don't get how we've built a community.

All of us whom have received support in times of need view this differently.

Amen.

I'll go a step further and the best of Baylor University is on this website.

What historically separates Baylor from other colleges, in my opinion, are the people behind BaylorFans.com.

Trader Bear
12-12-06, 03:58 PM
There are some Sloanistas who insist Sloan would still be president but for this site.

It was a useful medium during those days (I miss Ranger58 and the gang from the cedar breaks).

Tommie is right about the community. Some of my best friends in real life are people on this site.

piratestef
12-12-06, 08:52 PM
A lot of folks complain that this site immediately goes into fighting on every thread, but there are lots of good people here that disprove that idea.

CammoTX
12-12-06, 08:55 PM
A lot of folks complain that this site immediately goes into fighting on every thread, but there are lots of good people here that disprove that idea.

I think you suck and should never post again because your intellect is beyond stupid!

Ross Speight
12-12-06, 08:58 PM
True Colors has transformed the football board into something completely negative.

If you don't agree, F you.

saabing bear
12-12-06, 09:00 PM
This board represents Baylor bottom-feeders: wanna-be's, dorks and dirty old men.And your point is.........?

deltbear
12-12-06, 09:19 PM
No.

BaylorOkie
12-12-06, 09:50 PM
I haven't been to R&P for a long time, b/c it's one big cat fight over there. Unfortunately, the BB/FB boards are becoming that way. Too bad. This website is my main connection to the university, but I'm saddened by the amount of fighting that goes on -- between fellow Bears!

piratestef
12-13-06, 01:15 AM
I think you suck and should never post again because your intellect is beyond stupid!

Haha, so true.