PDA

View Full Version : My stepson needs your prayers.

BUGWBBear
12-12-06, 11:32 PM
My stepson, who's in his Junior year at Baylor, is currently at a hospital here in Houston in near-serious condition. Instead of just being a routine appendictomy, they discovered that his appendix burst early Tuesday morning. With all that, he still managed to take his last final of the semester, drive home, and get checked and confirmed of his condition hours ago.

He's currently being operated on as I'm typing this. The surgeon had told him just before that had he waited a few hours more...well, let's just say he's lucky-yet worried. Peritonitis for almost an entire day and night isn't fun. :(

If all goes well with wiping out the peritonitis during the operation, he's still in for a bit of a hospital stay according to the doctor. I just found out how long he'd gone with this spreading through his system, so this is a little unnerving, to say the least. He could really use some spiritual support right now. I'm doing what I can, along with the rest of the family, but it never hurts to have more.

Thanks.

Solan=Christ!!!
12-13-06, 12:19 AM
Bug:

My prayers are strongly with you.

The same thing happened to me a few years ago. Mine ruptured several hours before we found out and I had to get cleaned out. It was close, and recovery was unplesant, but I came through just fine. I'm sure it'll be the same thing for your stepson.

If there's anything I can do for you all from Waco (Baylor or otherwise) send me a PM.

piratestef
12-13-06, 12:26 AM
Will do, man. Hospital visits at finals time are no fun.

Liek S=C!!!, let me know if there's anything I can do.

BUGWBBear
12-13-06, 12:32 AM
Thanks folks. So far it seems to be similar to what Solan went through. Just got notified that they think they got all of it, but couldn't understand how he managed to finish a final and drive home with all that going on. I'll keep ya'll updated.

Grace Anne
12-13-06, 05:51 AM
Prayers for your son and your family, BUGWB. It's amazing that he finished that final and then drove home. I'm sure he just wanted to get home, though. Wow.

groverbabyBU
12-13-06, 06:16 AM
Sounds like your son is pretty dedicated! He's in my prayers for a quick recovery

txoceanlover
12-13-06, 06:53 AM
Prayers for your son and those who are treating him. That is nothing to fool around with. Hope it goes well for him and your family.

Bexar Fan
12-13-06, 08:03 AM
Prayers on the way for your son and your family, BUGWB.

Yogi
12-13-06, 08:10 AM
Wow. Kid is an ox!

Way to play through.

May he have the strength to get well.

God Bless.

BUGWBBear
12-13-06, 08:39 AM
Thanks, all. He's still in a lot of pain and the docs are still running tests to make sure he's not having any more complications than what he's been through. He's in a huge amount of pain, and pretty much has been since they ended the operation...but the docs so far are confident they got to him in the nick of time.

Texas Golfer
12-13-06, 09:15 AM
Prayers are with you and yours, Bug. Your stepson is a hoss to continue as if nothing happened. When my appendix burst, it damn near put me in a coma. I was out of it!

Please keep us updated as the prayers continue.

turk4037
12-13-06, 09:23 AM
Bug, count me in, prayers on the way, and here is hoping you all have an especially GREAT Christmas at home this year with everyone at home and healthy!

HillCountryBEAR
12-13-06, 09:36 AM
prayers on the way for your stepson, your family and his doctors.

BearChick
12-13-06, 10:43 AM
Will do.

I got lucky a few years ago and was having another surgery when they noticed my appendix was about to go. They said it was so septic I would have spent about a month in the hospital. To quote the surgeon: "We would have taken it out for any of these five reasons (names them all) but you had all five. To use a surgical term, it was 'all kinds of wrong'."

Solan=Christ!!!
12-13-06, 10:57 AM
BUGWB, PM box is full.

CLBear
12-13-06, 11:36 AM
Will do, prayers are with him and your family

BUGWBBear
12-13-06, 12:59 PM
BUGWB, PM box is full.

Sorry about that, Solan. I cleared some space.

LTbear
12-13-06, 01:08 PM
Let him know one of his classmates (Class of '08) is praying for him.

BUGWBBear
12-13-06, 01:45 PM
Just spoke with his mother a little while ago. He's already been made to take a short walk and he's still kind of in and out. I'll be dropping in on him again this afternoon and will post an update. Doctors say it'll be 2-3 days before they know he's out of the woods. However, he's aware we are all praying for him and he sends his thanks.

OsoCoreyell
12-13-06, 02:39 PM
Mine ruptured as well. That was one heck of a two week period after surgery. I don't envy him that. But antibiotics nowadays are light years ahead of where they were even a few years ago.

I'm praying for him.

GarlandBear84
12-13-06, 03:11 PM
I'm praying that he'll be out in time to get his Christmas shopping done, enjoy Christmas at home with his family and be good to go for the Spring semester.

robby44
12-13-06, 06:11 PM
BugwbBear
Praying your step son makes a full and speedy recovery.

BUGWBBear
12-14-06, 01:55 AM
Visited him again tonight. He's kind of in and out of it due to the Demorol he gets for the pain, but we had a good chat session. The nurses are having him up and walking small distances 3 times a day, which he's handling pretty well.

Thanks again, guys and gals. So far, so good.

Solan=Christ!!!
12-14-06, 10:09 AM
Visited him again tonight. He's kind of in and out of it due to the Demorol he gets for the pain, but we had a good chat session. The nurses are having him up and walking small distances 3 times a day, which he's handling pretty well.

Thanks again, guys and gals. So far, so good.

Took me almost a week to even be able to walk. I'm glad he's doing well. We'll keep you and he in our prayers.

BaylorBabe
12-14-06, 10:11 AM
Glad things seem to be better!