PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call to Viteks

Dean/Sharpton04
12-13-06, 08:07 AM
With seven working days remaining for Mr and Mrs Vitek

A Roll Call of those making that last trip.......Roll Call Salutations are also in order for those unable to make it.

Trader Bear
12-13-06, 08:58 AM
They're not closing for good, this time. Ease up on the panic button.

El Oso
12-13-06, 09:20 AM
I would make the two hour drive from my house if they were closing for good--I havent been in about 3 years because I moved out of state and I usually get to Waco on Saturday

godblesstx
12-13-06, 10:53 AM
We have two different posters who both talked with Bill yesterday and got conflicting reports. This is an issue.

Big12Bear
12-13-06, 01:39 PM
I'd make the trip, but bet it's a false alarm. Of course, if this turns out to be true, I don't think I could live with myself for passing up the chance at one final gutpak.

Felinus Maximus
12-13-06, 02:38 PM
So, are they or aren't they closing? Someone get Billy to a PC and have him post it himself.

bono
12-13-06, 05:23 PM
They are not closing for good. Just taking the normal Christmas Break.

Felinus Maximus
12-13-06, 09:12 PM
Praise the Lord! Can't wait to get down there for some sammiches!

TrapIt4Life
12-14-06, 02:38 AM
I was in Waco on Tuesday, got a gutpack, as is custom, and I asked Bill, especially after reading this thread, "So, I understand the 22nd is the last day here, huh? The GutPack was a staple of my undergrad! It was practically part of the business core", and he responded, "Yea, well, we've been open a lot of years, its been about time, been tryin' to bring some young blood into the place for us, but its time for us to 'git"

Now...from that conversation...I can only surmise that this is no Christmas break finale. I believe the rumors are true...Dec 22, its hasta pasta to the Vitek's we've come to know

Wood
12-15-06, 08:46 AM
Yikes... Vitek's is a buried treasure of sorts in Waco. Even if the head guy does hate Baylor.