PDA

View Full Version : The Greatness that is Robbie Williams

Pretty_N_Pink
12-13-06, 11:28 AM
I have loved Robbie Williams since his Take That boy band days and have rarely been let down by his albums. However, this new one, Rudebox, is simply mediocre. I'm not sure what he was going for with the electronica/Pet Shop Boys influences, but he seems to be one step behind on this one. I found only a couple songs on this one that I liked and just downloaded them instead of buyin the whole album.

Any thoughts?

My favorite album by him is probably still The Ego Has Landed.

BearChick
12-13-06, 11:34 AM
LOL, I just pulled out a Mix CD that a friend made and was listening to the Robbie Williams on it over and over this morning. I'm quite the fan of "Rock DJ".

eastdallasloco
12-13-06, 11:36 AM
that guy is better known for his partying and drug taking than his music. he is not very well known in the US and in the UK you can make two bit electronica and they will eat it up....of course over here you can make two bit r&b or hip hop and the same goes.

Yogi
12-13-06, 11:47 AM
I liked him when he was Mork.

Pretty_N_Pink
12-13-06, 12:21 PM
that guy is better known for his partying and drug taking than his music. he is not very well known in the US and in the UK you can make two bit electronica and they will eat it up....of course over here you can make two bit r&b or hip hop and the same goes.

I'd have to disagree. A lot of people here know who he is and NOT just for his drugs and partying. He's an awesome musician.