PDA

View Full Version : You Favorite Baylorfans Christmas Gift

fubar
12-13-06, 12:54 PM
You guys would really help me out by voting in the poll. Loretta and Marisa lost the order tallies from last year, so I don't know how much of what to stock.

DONNIE D
12-13-06, 01:18 PM
Mac and I don't really need our kits anymore. We can make a drink blindfolded. So I guess you could have ours back, if you get lots of orders. :)

BaylorBabe
12-13-06, 01:24 PM
:lol: This is the greatest poll.

Shelby's Friend
12-13-06, 02:01 PM
As usual, fubar brings the board back to the proper level of tomfoolery - not to mention conviviality (gift-giving is conviviality at its finest) and respectability (ditto, except replace the word "conviviality" with "respectability").

Anyway, I voted for the DVD, seeing as how the one I got last year wore out by January 4th. (Note - I use the term "wore out" loosely here. In this usage, "wore out" actually refers to SGF's patience, meaning the DVD was sent through the Ronco pocket shredder - BID)

So, a couple of things:

a) Would it be possible for me to get the StatmanHead with Kung-fu grip? Seems like that would be the more fun one to play with.

2) Trust me, the small game recipes are all Cammo's. Mind you, I'm not really criticizing. I mean, there are dam few people in the world that could understand Klem's spoken gibberish. Throw in his abyssmal penmenship, and the fact that he uses a quill pen and writes with a mixture of chipmunk blood and his own urine, and you've got a virtually totally untranslatable piece of work there. Plus side is - Cammo has eaten enough of Klem's crap to make a pretty good go at it.

c) Finally, I really appreciate you including the Cardinals History book. Also, thanks for including me in the credits. As you probably know, Dan and Nobs are pretty good guys, but they were pure Hell to work with on this project. They divied up the players and games between themselves, and only let me write the pages on Ken Reitz, George Hendrick, and the one game where my friend poured his beer on Bob Dernier's head in the left-centerfield bleachers. (But I got even with them - tee hee! I spelled Hendrick's name "Jorge" and they never noticed! It also made it past the spell-checker because I purposely made an obscure referenced to Jorge Orta in the Reitz page, so the spell-checker had been "trained" to accept that spelling of Jorge. Tee double hee!) Oh, and they let BillytheSkink write the pages on both Ray Lankford and the game where Ray sent Darren Daulten flying while he scored the winning run.

Again, much thanks for the poll, and I'm looking forward to the new DVD - This time, I'll only watch it on my laptop at work!

DONNIE D
12-13-06, 02:07 PM
Welcome back SF. How was NYC?

piratestef
12-13-06, 02:13 PM
No pet javelinas? :(

fubar
12-13-06, 02:19 PM
I can send a king fu grip with the Mr. StatManHead. It's one of those things people should have thought of in the first place (it seems a natural since he already has the "ninja kick pose" material included), but sometimes people just screw up and forget.

Speaking of "screw up and forget," I managed to do that with the poll. Imagine that. Thanks for the PMs, guys. You can also cast write-in votes for the following:

- caseman's Build-a-Bong Workshop
- True Colors's Guy Morriss-face dartboard
- Maxwell's Silver Hammer's "Guide to Knowledge of All Things but Especially Music"
- Friday Night Poker Party Table (endorsed by Hambone420)
- Loaded/Linux/Krispy/Sage/BHJ Documentary: "Javelinas in Space"

BaylorBabe
12-13-06, 02:25 PM
I was wondering if case had finished that project up or not.

MAN, the R&D for that one was a real bear. :lol:

piratestef
12-13-06, 02:30 PM
My vote goes to JAVELINAS IN SPACE!

Combine that with the build-a-bong and you've got one heck of a trip, man!

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
12-13-06, 03:07 PM
I like the core concept of BUMaruski's exploding dreidel, but let's face it. That is not a Christmas gift. It is a Chanukah gift, and it should not be in this poll.

This factoid is contained on page 13,228 of my guide to everything mentioned in the supplemental gift list.

Shelby's Friend
12-13-06, 04:07 PM
Welcome back SF. How was NYC?

Thanks Donnie! New York was terrific! Many kudos to the BF.com advisory committee that ultimately saved us a ton of time and hassle with their advice. We weren't there very long, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Most definately looking forward to going back when we can stay for more than 2 days (a day and a half really but who's counting?).

PS - your post was both convivial and respectable. Nice job. My only criticism would be your overuse of abbreviations. I mean some first-time poster might have thought you were addressing the city of San Francisco, talking about Nutty Young Californians or some such. Bottom line is you are improving, but further work is still needed.

Ghostrider
12-13-06, 09:42 PM
You have any of the newly released STATMAN 8 BALLS?

deltbear
12-13-06, 09:57 PM
I love this poll

BearChick
12-13-06, 10:36 PM
This poll is sheer holiday greatness, Fubar. It was hard to choose. I really wanted to go with "Christmas in the Pool" with B2J, but did settle on the BC/W/TB Galvestonopoly set. I came to this conclusion because I really do want to buy up Tilman Fertitta's properties. I think the Island would canonize me or something. At the least, I'd be real popular around these parts.