PDA

View Full Version : When did you stop believing in Santa Claus and therefore lose your Christmas spirit?

Shelby's Friend
12-14-06, 12:27 PM
One of my favorite things about Christmas is watching the youngsters that still believe in Santa Claus. At the same time, its fun to get into the spirit and "believe" yourself. We have a rule at our house - if you don't believe, you don't receive - applies to everyone - ages 11, 12, & 20.

Yes yes yes I know Jesus is the reason for the season, and we certainly emphasize that, but I still say that "believing" in Santa Claus is a terrific way to hold on to your Christmas spirit and make the holiday even more fun.

So, the question is, when did YOU stop "believing" in Santa Claus completely - i.e. when did you lose your Christmas spirit?

Yogi
12-14-06, 12:31 PM
What are you talking about? Santa was seen last night pouring one more on at the Cryin' Shame...

bobo
12-14-06, 12:44 PM
I had mean older sisters. As soon as I was old enough to believe they told me there was no Santa and then showed me where Mom hid the presents from Santa. I was probably 2. So I never got to believe.

DONNIE D
12-14-06, 12:56 PM
The rules were always the same at my place Shelby(no abbv.) My son who is 27 will still get up Christmas morning and check his stocking for what Santa brought. I think the XM might have to be wrapped, or I could just hide it in a Bud Light case cause I know he'll look there.:) I'm just sad that Santa doesn't come to see me anymore. I guess that changes when your a dad, or you run out of money first. I was really wanting that new TV.

BaylorBabe
12-14-06, 12:58 PM
I was probably 7 or so and I asked my dad how come Santa's writing looked so much like his. But he told me I wasn't allowed to tell my sister and brother when I found out there was no Santa, my sister believed until the 4th grade when her mean teacher Mrs. Ference told her.

fubar
12-14-06, 01:03 PM
I'm not so sure about the conviviality of this poll. Losing your Chi-mas Spirit?

That said, whoever/whomever decided to let Uncle Klem do the "shopping" that one year ought to be forced to listen to that "Meet the Mets!" song non-stop for a whole week.

bobo
12-14-06, 01:03 PM
I did tell my Kindergarten class there was no Santa. I got in trouble for that.

cowboycwr
12-14-06, 01:07 PM
What Santa isn't real??????? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

fubar
12-14-06, 01:10 PM
True story: When I was in third grade (and my little sister in second), I found the Santa stuff under my parents bed about two weeks early. My sister and I got 'em out and played with 'em when we had a babysitter one night. Anyway, fast forward to 3:00 Christmas morning, and we got a couple other things each. Bigger things. I said something like "Wow! He must not have had room for everything ... so he dropped off that other stuff early!" My little sister looked at me like I was some kind of idiot.

She frequently uses that same look with me even today, thirtysomething years later.

cowboycwr
12-14-06, 01:36 PM
What are you talking about? Santa was seen last night pouring one more on at the Cryin' Shame...

no that was me.

Shelby's Friend
12-14-06, 01:58 PM
The rules were always the same at my place Shelby(no abbv.) My son who is 27 will still get up Christmas morning and check his stocking for what Santa brought. I think the XM might have to be wrapped, or I could just hide it in a Bud Light case cause I know he'll look there.:) I'm just sad that Santa doesn't come to see me anymore. I guess that changes when your a dad, or you run out of money first. I was really wanting that new TV.
Convivial, respectable, and dead center on point!

Assuming that you voted in the poll, I'll give this post an A+!!!

Shelby's Friend
12-14-06, 02:03 PM
I'm not so sure about the conviviality of this poll. Losing your Chi-mas Spirit?

That said, whoever/whomever decided to let Uncle Klem do the "shopping" that one year ought to be forced to listen to that "Meet the Mets!" song non-stop for a whole week.

Listen bub, (not BOBB - Bub) when you start conducting your own FCA* seminars, THEN I'll start asking your opinion on conviviality. Until then, ZIP-IT! (This is, of course, in reference to your opinions on conviviality. It is not an attempt to quash your other delightful posts - please, carry on with those.)

Anyway, good point about the Klem/shopping/Mets thing.

*Forum Conviviality Awareness

DONNIE D
12-14-06, 02:08 PM
Convivial, respectable, and dead center on point!

Assuming that you voted in the poll, I'll give this post an A+!!!Thank you sir, but I cannot lie. I didn't vote because I still believe. The poll says "when did you stop " and just because I don't get anything anymore, doesn't mean I don't believe. If you'll make a new poll for believers, then I'll make you even prouder.

Barely a prof
12-14-06, 05:49 PM
I Believe

Gaspergou
12-14-06, 05:54 PM
I Believe

Ibalieve.

Ibaleave?

groverbabyBU
12-14-06, 08:00 PM
I believe!!!

BearChick
12-15-06, 12:09 AM
Did anyone see Dr. Phil yesterday with this woman who hates Christmas because twenty-seven years ago her husband got her an ugly shirt? I think Dr. Phil was going to throttle her. She was a bitter, angry nut.

BIrwin49
12-15-06, 12:13 AM
My Christmas spirt will never die. My daughter will be 5 this Sunday. I thought as a child Christmas couldn't get much better, but when I became a parent to see the look on her face Christmas morning...good stuff!

saabing bear
12-15-06, 12:44 AM
...the night I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus, and then I saw Daddy blow him away with his 12 gauge.

Santa Claus
12-15-06, 12:52 PM
...the night I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus, and then I saw Daddy blow him away with his 12 gauge.

Hahahahaha! He missed. But your mama was mighty fine!

There's something irresistible about me coming down the ole chimney. Just nine more days! Santa's gonna rock some houses!

Shelby's Friend
12-15-06, 03:11 PM
I Believe

Ibalieve.

I believe!!!

This is all completely fine and dandy - Seriously.

But they belong on the other thread - the one about qualifying your Xmas (pronounced Cheemas ever since I found out that the X meant Chi).

This thread is for those that no longer believe - like fubar and bobo.

piratestef
12-16-06, 01:23 AM
Are you sure it's not X as in "chi" as in "Chi's?"

That room may just have the only functional chimney left in Memorial. (I don't know if it's like downstairs, but the one in the drawing room's been filled in.) I think there's a fireplace in the Chi's room? PA.

Santa's bringing me a Puffalump...or else.

Santa Claus
12-20-06, 08:36 PM
Stop believing in Santa Claus, eh?

You're all getting my d!ck in a box this Christmas. And coal. A friggin' truck full of coal.

You're all a bunch of skanky ho ho hoes.

I love eggnog.