PDA

View Full Version : How would you categorize your Chee-mas beliefs?

Shelby's Friend
12-14-06, 01:44 PM
A good point was made on the "When did you stop believing?" poll.

Namely, some people still believe.

So, where do you fit in.

Please vote, or click "Other" and elaborate.

DONNIE D
12-14-06, 01:54 PM
I really thank you from the bottom of my heart. I believe so much of this is getting lost in the Appliance Stores, that Santa can't carry the load anymore. This Convivial, and Respectable business is really helping me, I can feel it.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
12-15-06, 07:59 AM
I'm like Whitney Houston. I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way.

Except that I neither married Bobby Brown nor became a crackhead.

fubar
12-15-06, 08:29 AM
While my answer is probably obvious, I did want to point out that I'm also kind of like the donkey singing at the end of "Shrek": I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe, I'm a believer!

(That wasn't really a donkey singing, by way, it was some dude.)

(Sorry to ruin yet ANOTHER thing for some of you.)

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
12-15-06, 09:13 AM
Dang fubar, now you're making me think I'm like Mickey Dolenz: then I saw her face, now I'm a believer.

Except I've never been on a covertly gay sit-com featuring a British midget and some angst-ridden guitar player in a ski cap.

fubar
12-15-06, 09:42 AM
I don't want you to think you're like Mickey Dolenz. Maybe like Davy Jones, since he got to go out with Marcia Brady on that one episode, but not like Mickey, who is prolly gay.

The best thing about today so far is that "I'm a Believer!" is the song running through my head. It'll prolly get old late this afternoon, but at least it isn't yesterday's "song in my gourd that won't go away," "The Little Drummer Boy" ....

Oh crap.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
12-15-06, 09:52 AM
Good call on the Marcia brady date.

I'm like Davy Jones: oh what can it mean to a daydream believer and a homecoming queen?

Except I never got it on with Marcia Brady.

*Note: next official song in Fubar's head that won't go away: "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye, who while "Gaye" did not appear to be gay.

fubar
12-15-06, 10:09 AM
I always thought Jan was hotter than Marcia, but that have been a function of either my age (at the time of the original show ... I'm not digging on Jan NOW ... so far as you know) or of some attainability crap.

"Let's Get It On" is a good song to have floating around my noodle. Thanks for the idear, Max. Way better than "The Little Drummer Boy ...." DANGIT! This has become like that scene in "Life of Brian" where everybody keeps accidentally saying "Jehovah." Except that this isn't funny.

And except nobody is going to get stoned. Stoned to death, that is.

Shelby's Friend
12-15-06, 02:07 PM
Well, it appears that I left out Whitney & Mickey.

I have no excuse.

I mean, if I had filled up all 20 options, I could have said something like "This rat-b*stard site doesn't allow enough poll choices." But in the end, the rat-b*stard was me.

Sorry.

fubar
12-15-06, 02:18 PM
It's beginning to look a lot like Chee-mas. Shouldn't you be more convivial towards yourself?

Gaspergou
12-15-06, 02:20 PM
I am like Gene Iba. Ibalieve. And if Santa doesn't bring me what I want for Christmas, his fat ass is going to be doing laps around my cul-de-sac until 2 am.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
12-15-06, 10:45 PM
Don't get down on yourself, Mr. Friend. Coming up with the awful Cher tune was genius by itself.

If you wanted some more, though, I could be like . . .

Tom T. Hall. I believe in love.

R. Kelly. I believe I can fly.

Billy Joel's friend John at the bar. I believe this is killing me, and I'm sure that I could be a movie star if I could get out of this place.

piratestef
12-15-06, 10:48 PM
Man, that Santa Claus is messed up. I believe in the Easter Bunny, though, but Santa? Santa hasn't visited me in a while.

Santa Claus
12-20-06, 07:34 PM
Chee-mas?

Well, this proves that everyone's going to hell and getting coal in their stockings this year.