PDA

View Full Version : Office Christmas Party's

bobo
12-15-06, 07:41 AM
I had two last night. I am hurting today. I really just want a bloody mary, vicodin, and to go back to sleep. But enough about me, what are your funny/horrible office xmas party stories and what were the reprocussions if any? I'll go throw up and listen.

blindsweathog
12-15-06, 07:48 AM
We had our party on Wednesday night at Sullivan's in Austin.

The wine was flowing, and people got pretty loose-lipped. I met my boss's wife for the first time. She was sloshed, and within the first 2 minutes of the convo, she said "Oh...you're BSH...the one nobody in the office likes!"

Huh? It was kind of a bummer. Is she just jealous, or should I be worried? It's only a PT gig while I'm in school anyway, but I like the paycheck and flexible hours.

FIJIFan
12-15-06, 08:11 AM
Is she just jealous, or should I be worried?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

bobo
12-15-06, 08:20 AM
One of our suppliers was passed out on a couch outside of the ballroom. This was at 9:30. We took pictures. We plan to use them.

SPACECATAZ
12-15-06, 08:23 AM
I had two last night.

Was one of them a Nutcracker themed party and the other a Margarita-Karaoke party?

If so, you work in the best office on earth.

BearFan04
12-15-06, 08:28 AM
Today we're having our in-office party (as opposed to the evening event next week). I'm just enjoying the free food and relaxed atmosphere. It's even more fun since nobody knows that I'm giving my 2 weeks as soon as we're past the paid holidays. New job in January!

Is this wrong? :)

Bexar Fan
12-15-06, 08:42 AM
Today we're having our in-office party (as opposed to the evening event next week). I'm just enjoying the free food and relaxed atmosphere. It's even more fun since nobody knows that I'm giving my 2 weeks as soon as we're past the paid holidays. New job in January!

Yes.......and you should let the guilt ruin your Christmas!

j/k;)

Congrats!

bobo
12-15-06, 08:46 AM

No. The greatest companies in the world have zero loyalty to there employees when it comes down to the bottom line. Why should you?

blindsweathog
12-15-06, 08:54 AM

It would be very wrong to leave in January if year-end bonuses haven't been paid yet.

Texas Golfer
12-15-06, 09:05 AM
Bobo, I can only assume that you were drunk posting after your party's. A sober individual would have said "parties".

What are the odds that you'd catch me sober enough to realize that?

BUGWBBear
12-15-06, 09:12 AM
3 down, 2 more to go for me.

Jonny Blaze
12-15-06, 09:16 AM

Is this wrong?

I did the exact same thing last year. By leaving in january instead of december I got paid for all of my 2006 vacation as well as all the accumulated vacation and sick days I had racked up.

bobo
12-15-06, 09:55 AM
Bobo, I can only assume that you were drunk posting after your party's. A sober individual would have said "parties".

What are the odds that you'd catch me sober enough to realize that?

Still drunk. I am trying to find the cat that sh^t in my mouth so I can skin him.