PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Balboa Movie Thread (no spoilers)

Bigshot628
12-20-06, 06:36 PM
Wow, when it first got stated that Sly was making another Rocky film... I, along with most of America, laughed. When it got reported that Sly suffered a concussion while filming the movie, I , along with most of America, laughed. When I saw the previews for the film and saw that this joke was actually going to happen, I, along with most of America, laughed.

I went and saw the movie today, and from start to finish, I did nothing but cry, and I'm a grown ass tough guy 21 year old guy. This might be the most emotional Rocky film yet. It's a great story with good acting and I won't ruin anything but it ends... perfectly.

I'm not a movie critic, and I'm a huge Rocky fan so this could just be dumb bias but I absolutely loved this film and this time is probably not the only time I will see it in theatres. I strongly recommend that everyone go see this. BTW, Ebert and Roper gave this two thumbs up... if you're into real movie critics.

themoviecritic7
12-20-06, 09:39 PM
It was fun to watch and nice to see how everthing came to a conclusion.

Up Next Rambo IV

Wow, when it first got stated that Sly was making another Rocky film... I, along with most of America, laughed. When it got reported that Sly suffered a concussion while filming the movie, I , along with most of America, laughed. When I saw the previews for the film and saw that this joke was actually going to happen, I, along with most of America, laughed.

I went and saw the movie today, and from start to finish, I did nothing but cry, and I'm a grown ass tough guy 21 year old guy. This might be the most emotional Rocky film yet. It's a great story with good acting and I won't ruin anything but it ends... perfectly.

I'm not a movie critic, and I'm a huge Rocky fan so this could just be dumb bias but I absolutely loved this film and this time is probably not the only time I will see it in theatres. I strongly recommend that everyone go see this. BTW, Ebert and Roper gave this two thumbs up... if you're into real movie critics.

LTbear
12-21-06, 06:59 AM
Well done movie. I liked it a lot.

Bigshot628
12-21-06, 07:22 PM
ttt... go see the movie people

Ty McNeely
12-22-06, 06:19 AM
ttt... go see the movie people

I thought you were going to wait until you got to Waco so that we could see it together.

NOW I HAVE NO SHOULDER TO CRY ON.

Ghostrider
12-22-06, 09:24 AM
I can't believe Rocky dies...that's rough

saabing bear
12-22-06, 11:26 AM
Does Burgess Meredith die too?

ybbodeus
12-22-06, 11:42 AM
Rocky came out my senior year in high school. I think I went to see it three Saturday nights in a row with a different date every time, each one having already seen it but cool about seeing it again. It was a hell of a movie. It should have lost Best Picture to Network, given its oustanding vision of what the news was becoming, but in reality there was something truly American about the RAGS TO RICHES story of Rocky and of its star/creator, Sylvester Stallone. No, he wasn't Orson Wells, nor did he make a Citizen Kane.....Rosebud versus Yo, Adrian.....but it was classic Americana on the OTHER side of the fence.

Looking forward to taking my oldest child to see it.

Bigshot628
12-22-06, 02:18 PM
I thought you were going to wait until you got to Waco so that we could see it together.

NOW I HAVE NO SHOULDER TO CRY ON.

If it makes you feel better, I was thinking of you the entire time.

deltbear
12-22-06, 03:06 PM
I think the plot is pretty dumb. Rocky training by beating some slaughtered beef? Everything is so unrealistic its not even funny

Bigshot628
12-23-06, 01:59 AM
How is the plot dumb. Losing your wife, feeling that there is something still left inside of you, trying to find approval from your son... how is any of this unrealistic? George Foreman made a comeback, why can't Rocky?

El Oso
12-23-06, 07:03 AM
all Rocky movies are STOOPID

JETHRO
12-23-06, 07:56 PM
Anyone who goes to a Rocky movie without checking their brain at the door is STOOPID.

BTW, I enjoyed the movie. ;)