PDA

View Full Version : Any other BaylorFans Caught in the blizzard?

TrapIt4Life
12-21-06, 02:07 AM
Up here in Colorado...state is shut down completely due to crazy snow, I'll try to post pictures tomorrow of just how extensive the blizzard has been. Anyone else out there stranded too?

LinuxBear
12-21-06, 01:59 PM
BHJ out and about:

BUGWBBear
12-21-06, 03:10 PM
Well, if the snow wasn't pure before, it sure as hell is now!

Pretty_N_Pink
12-21-06, 08:48 PM
My mom and my boss are. My mom just moved to Boulder from Texas and this is her welcome, but she's enjoying the snow.

Here's some pics from her house:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/MarvelousSexyChicas/OutFrontDoor-Dec20.jpg
This one is looking out her front door.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/MarvelousSexyChicas/colorado3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/MarvelousSexyChicas/colorado2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/MarvelousSexyChicas/colorado1.jpg

groverbabyBU
12-21-06, 09:18 PM
gorgeous PnP! its a b!tch to shovel, but its pretty!

wantsBU2win
12-21-06, 09:19 PM
PNP! how are you??

TrapIt4Life
12-21-06, 09:36 PM
Here are all my pictures from the past 24 hours (http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=14369261&uid=6903130)

piratestef
12-21-06, 09:44 PM
Wow, gorgeous pics, everyone!

UL, are you gonna take a picture of Cow out in the snow? She already looks like a snowwoman! :)

I have an old picture of Fluffy Bunny and me in the snow...yay Puffalumps!

I wish it would snow here...just not that much...and definitely not on a day where I have to drive anywhere!

Pretty_N_Pink
12-21-06, 11:57 PM
Wow, TapDat! Your street looks so pretty with all those "Christmas" trees covered with snow.

Groverbaby - My mom lives on a culdesac with about 7 other people. They know she's from Texas (even though she's originally from the NE) and have been very nice and helpful in shoveling out the snow from her driveway. She still won't go anywhere in it until she gets a new vehicle that, b/c her's is not equipped for the snow.

Wanted - I'm great, but busy as always. Work has been killer, but I still love it and of course... there's the boyfriend. Needless to say, my time is occupied. Hope all is well on your end.

TrapIt4Life
12-22-06, 01:11 AM
Never have I been more glad to drive an Audi in my life. Seeing all these Hondas and Toyota's and BMW's just spinning their wheels, stuck in ruts, brought me joy.

If you live in CO, you'll find, there are two cars that will always operate in the snow.
Audi's and Subaru's. Even most SUV's will have trouble keeping up in the snow, despite the 4x4 status. I'm sure there is someone out there who's never had a problem in their Tahoe or Jeep and whatnot, but having lived here long enough...Audi's and Subaru's. Everything else is just a distant second place.

Ty McNeely
12-22-06, 06:37 AM
That is absolute insanity.

I must admit---I've never been in snow anywhere near that. Oklahoma has had 4-feet drifts before, but what I see there is pure insanity.

It's almost like hell....except the exact opposite.

El Oso
12-22-06, 06:44 AM
I dont miss that at all--and grover's right--call a plow and pay them whatever they want--shoveling sucks

Texas Golfer
12-22-06, 08:01 AM
Never have I been more glad to drive an Audi in my life. Seeing all these Hondas and Toyota's and BMW's just spinning their wheels, stuck in ruts, brought me joy.

If you live in CO, you'll find, there are two cars that will always operate in the snow.
Audi's and Subaru's. Even most SUV's will have trouble keeping up in the snow, despite the 4x4 status. I'm sure there is someone out there who's never had a problem in their Tahoe or Jeep and whatnot, but having lived here long enough...Audi's and Subaru's. Everything else is just a distant second place.

I went skiing in Colorado a couple of years back and had no trouble in my Hummer. It was interesting to watch the stranded cars as I drove by.

Ty McNeely
12-22-06, 08:02 AM
I went skiing in Colorado a couple of years back and had no trouble in my Hummer. It was interesting to watch the stranded cars as I drove by.

Not to be rude--and it's probably exactly what I would say in the same situation--but that was close to the most arrogant thing I have ever heard in my life. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Texas Golfer
12-22-06, 08:09 AM
Not to be rude--and it's probably exactly what I would say in the same situation--but that was close to the most arrogant thing I have ever heard in my life. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It wasn't intended to be. I was just letting some know that domestic vehicles sometimes do well in the snow, too.

Ty McNeely
12-22-06, 08:19 AM
It wasn't intended to be. I was just letting some know that domestic vehicles sometimes do well in the snow, too.

Oh I'm fully aware that wasn't intended to be, it just sounded HILARIOUS.

One would think you were a sorority girl at BU with a statement like that ;)

HoustonMedBear
12-22-06, 09:31 AM
my brother left to go skiing with his youth group on saturday....and they were supposed to be back yesterday. i'm hopeful he makes it home by christmas, but presently, they are stuck in estes park in a cabin there. thankfully, they have plenty of food and are staying warm. it's quite a storm up there.

bigc
12-22-06, 09:35 AM
Great pics Tap, they make me homesick. Where is your neighborhood? It looks vaguely familiar.

eastdallasloco
12-22-06, 09:53 AM

hummers are for baghdad and have no place on city streets.

my sis is stuck in boulder and she was supposed to be home for christmas on thurs.

TrapIt4Life
12-22-06, 11:38 AM
Great pics Tap, they make me homesick. Where is your neighborhood? It looks vaguely familiar.

This is from my house in Greenwood Village, its around Orchard and I-25 area, specifically about 1 block south of Orchard and Holly, near Koelbel Library, if you know that part of the metro area

TheRadvocate
12-22-06, 12:05 PM
This is from my house in Greenwood Village, its around Orchard and I-25 area, specifically about 1 block south of Orchard and Holly, near Koelbel Library, if you know that part of the metro area

man I miss it (I lived in Evergreen in high school) ... you are dead on about subarus - thats all I wanted in high school, I thought they where about the coolest things on earth ... and they where can't miss in the snow ...

subaru is to colorado what the suburban is to texas ...

SoTexBear
12-22-06, 12:14 PM
I've taken our Audi skiing twice. Both times we saw 4X4 Suburbans, Hummers, etc. on the side of the road while we kept driving.

LinuxBear
12-22-06, 12:19 PM
Nice group of Christians on board here.

"hey honey look. { points to lady stuck in snow }"

{ family stares traight ahead. }

I personally dug, shoved, helped 3 people stranded on my way home.

And it was nice to see others getting out and helping those in need.

Sure, most people drove right by. But there were enough considerate people out there to make a difference.

Santa Claus
12-22-06, 01:25 PM
That's nothing. I live on frozen ice, b!tches. Arctic Ocean, here I am!

bigc
12-22-06, 01:58 PM

I know exactly where that is. I grew up by South Suburban Golf Course and my best friend from HS lived right off the curve where Orchard turns into Long Rd just down the street from your neighborhood.

TrapIt4Life
12-22-06, 03:39 PM
I know exactly where that is. I grew up by South Suburban Golf Course and my best friend from HS lived right off the curve where Orchard turns into Long Rd just down the street from your neighborhood.

Haha, absolutely! I can hit a tennis ball and hit the curve where Orchard becomes Long. So did you grow up in the Heritage Greens area? Thats the subdivision that envelopes South Suburban GC I believe...and does that mean you went to Creek for HS or Arapahoe?

Btw, blizzard update...a lot of the roads that are now drivable are flooding in parts due to all the runoff since its sunny like crazy today. Good stuff...

TrapIt4Life
12-28-06, 08:04 PM
Update:

Stuck in new blizzard in Denver. Good times...good times.

piratestef
12-28-06, 09:02 PM
UL?

Cow-wife?

Still in South Central Texas or back in the snow? PA.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
12-28-06, 09:06 PM
Update:

Stuck in new blizzard in Denver. Good times...good times.

Just make sure them damn runways in Denver are clear in two weeks. The RD2 family is Copper Mountain bound!!!!!

RD2 :headache:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
12-28-06, 09:09 PM
UL?

Cow-wife?

Still in South Central Texas or back in the snow? PA.

Stef! You do know that very rainy, snowy, and stormy days are good for only two things. One of them is sleeping. Can you guess the other?

Hint- The other thing I had in mind was not skiing.

SoTexBear
12-28-06, 09:28 PM
We'll be in Copper at the end of January.

piratestef
12-28-06, 09:38 PM
I better not disturb UL and Miss Cow, then. Er, um, Mrs. Cow? PA.

Haha, I think this might be from Copper Mountain...maybe Crested Butte? Some ski resort hotel, anyway. --

groverbabyBU
12-28-06, 10:35 PM
Stef! You do know that very rainy, snowy, and stormy days are good for only two things. One of them is sleeping. Can you guess the other?

Hint- The other thing I had in mind was not skiing.
staying warm?

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
12-28-06, 10:54 PM
staying warm?

You are close grover! Damn close!

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
12-28-06, 10:56 PM
I better not disturb UL and Miss Cow, then. Er, um, Mrs. Cow? PA.

Haha, I think this might be from Copper Mountain...maybe Crested Butte? Some ski resort hotel, anyway. --

Damn Stef! I'm extremely disappointed! And all this time I thought you were 18 !

piratestef
12-28-06, 11:09 PM
Note the blocky 80s furniture and silly 80s marbley carpet in said picture. It's an old one.

groverbabyBU
12-28-06, 11:23 PM
You are close grover! Damn close!

I was just trying to say it while keeping the halo. :lol:

turk4037
12-29-06, 01:38 PM
Post some pics TapDat.

TrapIt4Life
12-29-06, 04:13 PM
Post some pics TapDat.

I will, we actually, after getting pounded last night, have had about a 6 hour lull so far, very little snow, but another storm is supposed to hit in 2-3 hours, dropping another 14-16 inches here, in addition to what we got all day yesterday, and possibly continue into Sunday. I'll take some pictures when its all over, see how it compares to last weeks monstrosity. I spent about 3 hours snow blowing all day yesterday and into last night, and my neighbors havent, and so far...only this Baylorbear is able to leave his house. Stupid people.

caseman
12-29-06, 06:16 PM
Stef----you didn't just start this love for Puffalumps? It's a lifelong ambition, or what?

turk4037
12-29-06, 07:03 PM
I hope some of that snow hits Eastern Montana, they need it badly up there.

Dean/Sharpton04
12-29-06, 08:25 PM

I thought this looked familiar as well.......worked in the Tech Center and lived neat Colorado and County Line - before the Highland Ranch came on the scene.

I do not miss Colorado as a year round residence. As many Colorado residences say.......50% of what you earn goes to towards the "view".

Traffic is a hassle, the Californiazation of the state, was part of the reason for leaving..... snow is great for sking but these photos remind me of why I do not live there.

BUgolfbear
12-29-06, 08:43 PM
came up here on a skiing vacation, but it was snowing too hard to get to the resort. (really) never seen so much snow in my life. All the shoveling it and driving on thick :uhoh: snow and ice I need for a long time.
Really pretty to look at but really, get me back to the North Texas 65 degree temperature, where the golf courses and shorts await!

Really glad I came, but really, really glad I don't live here. I did wear my yellow BU hat all the time after our triple overtime Buff kicking this year!

TrapIt4Life
12-29-06, 09:00 PM
Well, in defense of my beautiful state...this amount of snow really is quite a rarity. Our last several Decembers have been bone dry in the Denver metro area, and Flagstaff, AZ gets more snow than Denver. Now, up in the high country, yea, they get lots of snow, but Denver gets more than 300 days of sunshine a year, which is more than Miami, San Diego, Dallas, etc etc. So dont let this winter fool you, its usually very temperate and the average high is in the 40's during the winter. Not too bad at all.

Now...about 50% of your money going to the view...the price of living here (especially back up in Vail, yeeesh) is indeed a little stiff, but after spending my 4 years in Waco and then moving back here full time, I cant imagine ever living anywhere else.

'Tis a priviledge to live in Colorado.

piratestef
12-29-06, 10:44 PM
Stef----you didn't just start this love for Puffalumps? It's a lifelong ambition, or what?

Nope. Lifelong ambition. Puffalumps ROCK.

elm mott the hoople
12-30-06, 10:51 PM
300 days of sunshine a year, and the snow made today one of the most beautiful in quite a while:

piratestef
12-31-06, 01:22 AM
Aww, the hooples are cute! Cool pic of the snow, emth.

elm mott the hoople
01-02-07, 10:10 AM
Thanks stef, but for clarification, I'm only responsible for the woman, the front 3 kids, and the dog.