View Full Version : I really like peanut butter

BaylorGuy314
12-22-06, 06:59 PM
I mean, really, really like it.

Peter Pan for me.

90sBear
12-22-06, 07:10 PM
"Choosier Moms choose JIF"

I'm not a mom, but mine did and consequently it's my favorite. My wife also prefers JIF, unfortunately she prefers the creamy while I am an extra crunchy guy. I fix this by mixing in peanuts on whatever I'm eating.

BaylorGuy314
12-22-06, 07:17 PM

I'm not a mom, but mine did and consequently it's my favorite. My wife also prefers JIF, unfortunately she prefers the creamy while I am an extra crunchy guy. I fix this by mixing in peanuts on whatever I'm eating.

I can handle the crunchy, but it's definetely not my favorite. Creamy all the way.

Bexar Fan
12-22-06, 07:21 PM
I'm a choosy mother.....

......creamy rocks!

BaylorGuy314
12-22-06, 07:34 PM
For you choosy mother lovers, have you tried Peter Pan? And if so, what would you say the biggest differences are?

Fast fact: I ate so much peanut butter when I was in elementary school that I hated it (and refused to eat it) from early junior high until late high school.

90sBear
12-22-06, 09:39 PM
For you choosy mother lovers, have you tried Peter Pan? And if so, what would you say the biggest differences are?

Fast fact: I ate so much peanut butter when I was in elementary school that I hated it (and refused to eat it) from early junior high until late high school.
I have tried Peter Pan and it is fine, JIF is just what I grew up with and so that's what I've always gotten. It's been awhile since I've tried Peter Pan, but there was a taste difference. I think JIF has a more distinct peanut flavor to it and perhaps not quite as creamy, but I could be wrong. Like I said, it' been a long time.

BearChick
12-22-06, 10:37 PM
Of the two, Peter Pan is better. Crunchy is the best.

saabing bear
12-23-06, 02:45 AM
When I was living in Penland in the last century I kept a jar of Tang, a jar of crunchy peanut butter (don't remember the brand), and a loaf of bread in my closet in case of hunger. Got deathly ill once and couldn't eat crunchy peanut butter for years after.

El Oso
12-23-06, 07:36 AM

same deal here--I bought peanut butter that wasnt Jiff one time--Im not allowed to grocery shop anymore

saabing bear
12-23-06, 11:09 AM
Why no love for Skippy?

Personally I prefer Hill Country Fare. For a lot of stuff.

BaylorGuy314
12-23-06, 11:26 AM
Skippy is also good, although I think Peter Pan is better.

Then again, it's been years since I had JIF or Skippy.

90sBear
12-23-06, 12:27 PM
You could make yourself a blind taste test.

Ross Speight
12-23-06, 01:09 PM
I don't make a fetish of what brand I get, but steer clear of the "organic" peanut butter or the low salt or low fat or whatever. Too much yin, not enough yang.

WacoGone
12-23-06, 02:14 PM
You could make yourself a blind taste test.
That sounds really kinky.

BearChick
12-23-06, 06:15 PM
Why no love for Skippy?

Personally I prefer Hill Country Fare. For a lot of stuff.

Goodness, HCF is some of the best stuff ever. Never had the HCF PB, but based on all other HCF I've had, I bet it is good. I'll second Ross on the organic. Bought some at Randall's and opened it the other day. Once I added salt and honey, it was tolerable.

Central Market's fresh-smushed nut butters are also good. Mmmm. No preservatives, though, so you've gotta eat it fast.

SoTexBear
12-23-06, 06:53 PM
I get an organic one at Costco that is incredible! If we don't get that, we get Jif. Peter Pan is too grainy or something. We just don't like it.

groverbabyBU
12-23-06, 07:12 PM
I have the no sugar added peter pan creamy, its not that bad.

Texas Golfer
12-24-06, 10:24 AM
After my divorce, I lived off of peanut butter to survive. I love the stuff! Peter Pan, Jiff, Skippy, smooth or crunchy, I don't care!

ecow
12-24-06, 08:23 PM
...also known as Hydrogenated Oil, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and Sugar w/ ground roasted peanuts added.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and go organic on at least peanut butter. If you don't like the way the oil comes to the top then stir it good and put it in the fridge.

BaylorOkie
12-24-06, 09:45 PM
Most overrated food on the planet, next to tacos.

BaylorGuy314
12-24-06, 10:51 PM
Most overrated food on the planet, next to tacos.

Blasphemy!

I could literally live off peanut butter and tacos. I wouldn't want to- but they are two of the few foods that I could eat everyday and not get sick of it.

Lots of better foods out there, but I couldn't eat those everyday.

piratestef
12-24-06, 10:58 PM
I could live off tacos. In fact, I'm thinking about eating one now.

But okie's right on the PB--peanut butter is nasty. I can't stand the stuff.

SoTexBear
12-25-06, 03:19 AM
...also known as Hydrogenated Oil, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and Sugar w/ ground roasted peanuts added.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and go organic on at least peanut butter. If you don't like the way the oil comes to the top then stir it good and put it in the fridge.

Organic has come a long way. The last two brands I've bought had little to no oil separation.

Good stuff compared to what use to be out there.

FIJIFan
12-26-06, 10:34 AM
Reeses Peanut Butter (creamy) is the best out of all of them, hands down.

BaylorBabe
12-26-06, 11:11 AM
It is impossible to overrate peanut butter.

Yogi
12-26-06, 11:12 AM
Does your dog happen to like peanut butter?

Lord, I apologize for that one, too...

Solan=Christ!!!
12-26-06, 11:30 PM
Get yourself a grinder and do yourself a favor. Put some nice chocolate chips in with the peanuts (or better yet, cashews). Go to town.

BaylorBabe
12-27-06, 12:39 PM
peanut butter is nasty. I can't stand the stuff.

There is something seriously wrong with you :lol:

piratestef
12-28-06, 01:21 AM
What, the fact that I don't like eating brown squishy stuff out of a can? Stuff is gross.

You do know what else is brown and squishy, don't you? Yup...I went there.

Stranger
12-28-06, 06:05 AM
As that noted religious icon, Brother Dave Gardner once said . . . . . . .

"Man cannot live by bread alone . . . . . . . he must have peanut butter".

Rejoice, dear hearts.

90sBear
12-28-06, 08:21 AM
What, the fact that I don't like eating brown squishy stuff out of a can? Stuff is gross.

Chocolate frosting? Chocolate pudding?

BaylorBabe
12-28-06, 08:54 AM

A brown puffalump :lol:

caseman
12-28-06, 09:59 AM

LOL!

I like Peanut Butter, especially when combined with marshmallow creme on a sandwich.

I don't think I could eat it everyday w/o getting tired of it, though. Now burritos.....well, that is another story.

BaylorBabe
12-28-06, 10:00 AM
LOL!

I like Peanut Butter, especially when combined with marshmallow creme on a sandwich.

I don't think I could eat it everyday w/o getting tired of it, though. Now burritos.....well, that is another story.

You are the first person I ever knew that eats peanut butter and maple syrup :lol:

caseman
12-28-06, 11:27 AM
You are the first person I ever knew that eats peanut butter and maple syrup :lol:

That stuff rocks, especially on the french toast stuff my mom makes. It is an every Saturday ritual at the caseparent residence.

piratestef
12-28-06, 12:08 PM

Hell yes!

Texas Golfer
12-28-06, 11:50 PM

Oh, Hell, no. My family was combining these two when before the Casemeister was even born.

groverbabyBU
12-29-06, 12:36 AM
Oh, Hell, no. My family was combining these two when before the Casemeister was even born.
Must be an Oklahoma thing-- my family has been mixing those two for years!

Case-- you actually like fluffernutters?

caseman
12-29-06, 02:26 PM
Case-- you actually like fluffernutters?

Eat a couple a week, I would say.....so YES I DO!!!

quash
12-29-06, 02:40 PM
OK, I love the stuff, and brand doesn't matter, although I swore off organic after 2 lousy attempts years ago.

For anybody that doesn't like PB, you should at least try sweet potato casserole using PB. It may tempt you to eat straight out of the jar.

bigc
12-29-06, 02:45 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=areyUfCNFxY

groverbabyBU
12-29-06, 07:48 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=areyUfCNFxY
noooooooooooooooooooooo......

that seriously is up there with the kitty cat link.....

groverbabyBU
12-29-06, 07:51 PM
Eat a couple a week, I would say.....so YES I DO!!!
wow... thats a lot of fluffer and nutter!