PDA

View Full Version : Who has to WORK today?

emeraldbear
12-25-06, 04:58 PM
Just wondering if any BaylorFans have to work today. I have to go in tonight at 10. :(

groverbabyBU
12-25-06, 05:13 PM
I have to work tomorrow.

piratestef
12-25-06, 05:35 PM
...yup. Just switching out a picture on a website, though. Not sure I want the Christmas tree pic staying up for long on the 26th, that's all.

BURN01
12-25-06, 10:05 PM
Just got home from work

Yogi
12-25-06, 10:33 PM
I actually have a court appearance tomorrow.

Swamp Bear
12-26-06, 08:17 AM
Sitting here right now wishing I was in bed

BaylorBabe
12-26-06, 08:37 AM
What Swamp said.

ghost dog
12-26-06, 08:43 AM
nymex is open so i'm in...

CLBear
12-26-06, 09:18 AM
I'm working as well. Luckily I get to work from home today though.

psi style
12-26-06, 10:15 AM
Sitting here right now wishing I was in bed

amen to that.

the only bright side is that i am getting paid my regular salary since technically we are closed today, plus double overtime for being here, so it's pretty easy money. plus, i'm only here until 3:30.

wantsBU2win
12-26-06, 12:18 PM
I took today off, used a vacation day

billytheskink
12-26-06, 12:22 PM
6:45-5:45, as usual.

Glad we were closed yesterday, though...

BaylorGuy314
12-26-06, 12:50 PM
I took today off, used a vacation day

Took my last vacation day of the year. Might as well have, I would've lost it by the end of the week if I hadn't of taken it.

Only bad thing is that it will make the rest of this 3 day week helaciously busy.

wantsBU2win
12-26-06, 12:51 PM
same here BG314. It was use it or lose it.

caseman
12-26-06, 02:17 PM
F work. I am getting paid for answering phones and surfing the internet today, though. Not a bad way to 1) get paid and 2) accrue paid sick and vacation leave.

BUGWBBear
12-26-06, 11:08 PM
Wed-Friday for me. Ah well...

NewsBruin
12-26-06, 11:21 PM
I worked today, but I'm pretty stingy with my Earned Time Off. I've been at the company less than two years, but I could take a month off if I needed to.

My paws salute the doctors, nurses, technicians, police, firefighters, wardens, guards, private charity employees and volunteers, news anchors and production assistants, pilots, flight attendants, ground crew, and the restaurant staff at China Super Buffet who work through Christmas to make all the "invisible" aspects of my life flow as smoothly as they do.

Doc
12-26-06, 11:39 PM
This doctor hath decided to take off until after the new year.

BaylorGuy314
12-27-06, 12:41 AM
I worked today, but I'm pretty stingy with my Earned Time Off. I've been at the company less than two years, but I could take a month off if I needed to.

I'm pretty stingy with mine as well. I've been with the company about 1.5 years and I've only taken 5 days off.

That's about 5 days off in about 375 or so days, which includes sick days. I'm actually pretty proud of that.

That being said, when they say, "Use it or lose it," you better believe I'll be using it.

NewsBruin
12-27-06, 12:52 AM
Yeah. I have to take 5 per year (For me, that starts every mid-March). This year, I took 2.5 to visit a former Baylor roommate and see my sister at Special Olympics, so I'll squeeze in the rest at the end of January.

By next week, I'll have 24 paid days off. The company buys them back if I quit or have more than 60 at any given time. Since a day's pay will be worth more as my salary increases, or I may have some emergency/luxury I'd like to use those days for, I'll just hoard them until there's a good reason for it.

BaylorGuy314
12-27-06, 01:28 AM
Yeah. I have to take 5 per year (For me, that starts every mid-March). This year, I took 2.5 to visit a former Baylor roommate and see my sister at Special Olympics, so I'll squeeze in the rest at the end of January.

By next week, I'll have 24 paid days off. The company buys them back if I quit or have more than 60 at any given time. Since a day's pay will be worth more as my salary increases, or I may have some emergency/luxury I'd like to use those days for, I'll just hoard them until there's a good reason for it.

That's nice.

I get one "personal" day per month. If unused, these rollover until they reach 25. After that, you use 'em or lose 'em.

In addition, I get 10 "vacation" days per year. Unfortunately, these do not rollover and the company does not buy them back for you if not used by Jan. 1.

Until today, I had used 4 of those 10 over the past 1.5 years, although I've gotten permission to roll 5 of them over through January since I didn't receive full vacation benefits until September (when I had been with the company 1 year).

The Gambler
12-27-06, 07:46 AM
Just wondering if any BaylorFans have to work today. I have to go in tonight at 10. :(

What is that? Oh, I remember, it is that 9 to 5 cr@p. Here is wishing a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year.