PDA

View Full Version : Blackjack, Treo, or Q?

Keyser Soze
12-27-06, 08:33 AM
Have one? Why?

Looking for tips on smart phones & plans.

DONNIE D
12-27-06, 08:40 AM
Never played Treo or Q, but if I could ever hit a 21, I might play more Blackjack.

eastdallasloco
12-27-06, 08:43 AM
crackberry is my fav phone ive ever had. ive got unlimited net and i think i have a serious crackberry addiction. for some reason no matter what im doing i have to be jacking w/ my crackberry.

BearTooth
12-27-06, 08:52 AM
I've got the Treo 6500 and it's great. I bought it in August when my Kyocera 7135 Smartphone crapped out. I use the phone and PDA. It has a camera I have never used and also web connectivity I don't need. Verizon has good coverage where I usually roam so there have been no issues there.

I would buy this phone again.

ecow
12-27-06, 09:32 AM
www.howardforums.com

parkiebear
12-27-06, 09:39 AM
I use my Blackberry as a phone and secondary internet access tool (while traveling). Not overly impressed with the Nextel/Sprint service (coverage issues in some remote areas), but that is what my company pays for. When I am in an area with good signal strength, no problems.

I intend to upgrade to the Blackberry Pearl as it is thinner (I have a 7100i now) when this one craps out.

Ghostrider
12-27-06, 09:48 AM
I prefer smaller phones and just use my pc for anything email/Internet related.

BrooksBearLives
12-27-06, 11:59 AM
I have a blackjack and I love it. The email and everything is pretty intuitive. It's sleek and small and very easy to use.

I just got a GB memory card for it for Christmas so I'll tell you about that when I have more time to fool with it.

If you have the money/means, I'd pick one up. Its fun and I use it a lot. Great for keeping appointments and writing yourself notes and replying to emails. I love it. Its a mobile office.

HoustonMedBear
12-27-06, 12:13 PM
I have the Treo 650. It looks cool, but it's way too advanced for me. It has Bluetooth, but I don't know how to use that, either. I'm not technology literate at all!!

My apt. gets really bad reception so my friends tell me I sound like I'm in a garbage can talking to them.

Others that have this phone love it, so I can't say one way or the other.

BaylorOkie
12-27-06, 05:34 PM
I have a blackjack and I love it. The email and everything is pretty intuitive. It's sleek and small and very easy to use.

I just got a GB memory card for it for Christmas so I'll tell you about that when I have more time to fool with it.

If you have the money/means, I'd pick one up. Its fun and I use it a lot. Great for keeping appointments and writing yourself notes and replying to emails. I love it. Its a mobile office.

Agree with all of this. I love my Blackjack, and the 3G network is very fast for a wireless internet network. I would say it's about like a slow DSL connection. (I've always been on cable, so this is only a guess.)

As for the memory card, I have a half GB and it probably holds 60-70 songs. I have some new headphones on order. I'm not much of an MP3 fanatic, but it's nice to have songs if I want them. I don't need that many to store.

The camera is great, and I use the heck out of Microsoft Outlook now, since it syncs w/ my PC.

I highly recommend the BlackJack. It's very slim, so I just slid it into my pocket and never use the case. That's very nice to be able to do.

sonuvabear
12-27-06, 05:42 PM
Agree with all of this. I love my Blackjack, and the 3G network is very fast for a wireless internet network. I would say it's about like a slow DSL connection. (I've always been on cable, so this is only a guess.)

As for the memory card, I have a half GB and it probably holds 60-70 songs. I have some new headphones on order. I'm not much of an MP3 fanatic, but it's nice to have songs if I want them. I don't need that many to store.

The camera is great, and I use the heck out of Microsoft Outlook now, since it syncs w/ my PC.

I highly recommend the BlackJack. It's very slim, so I just slid it into my pocket and never use the case. That's very nice to be able to do.

I agree with this as well. I like my Blackjack alot. The only thing I don't love is that its appetite for battery power. Samsung offsets this by including (free, I might add, and you'll know this is a big deal if you've bought one) an extra battery and a small charging dock for it. I've only had to use it one time, but I had spent about two hours watching ABC news on the phone and talking several more hours during the day.

BaylorOkie
12-27-06, 07:11 PM
I agree with this as well. I like my Blackjack alot. The only thing I don't love is that its appetite for battery power. Samsung offsets this by including (free, I might add, and you'll know this is a big deal if you've bought one) an extra battery and a small charging dock for it. I've only had to use it one time, but I had spent about two hours watching ABC news on the phone and talking several more hours during the day.

Yeah, forgot about that. It's not a big deal to me b/c I'm on the road a lot so I can use my car charger if needed. And I office from home, so I can switch batteries if needed.

The only thing that I can think of that I don't like is the inability to turn the ringer volume down. It only seems to have vibrate/silent, normal, and outside mode. Am I missing something?

Great phone.

Ghostrider
12-27-06, 08:07 PM
The blackjack and the q are almost the exact same phones....

NewsBruin
12-27-06, 11:18 PM
A computer/electronics magazine (can't remember which) reviewed all the high-end phones out there and raved about the Q.

Were I to get a new contract and provider, which I will most likely in February, I'd go for the Verizon/Q combination.

sonuvabear
12-28-06, 12:01 AM
Yeah, forgot about that. It's not a big deal to me b/c I'm on the road a lot so I can use my car charger if needed. And I office from home, so I can switch batteries if needed.

The only thing that I can think of that I don't like is the inability to turn the ringer volume down. It only seems to have vibrate/silent, normal, and outside mode. Am I missing something?

Great phone.

You can do it, you have to go to Menu and Edit when selecting the ring profile.

Ty McNeely
12-28-06, 01:05 PM
I have a Treo 700w (Verizon), and for the most part, I love it. It gets reception just about everywhere I've ever been, and it's always better than the reception anyone else has.

It's pretty easy for me to use and is basically self-explanatory for most things. The internet works pretty seamlessly most of the time, but I haven't used it a ton.

The only complaint I have with the Treo is that it has a tendency to lock up for no real reason. It's easily remedied by just removing the battery and putting it back in, but it becomes frustrating on the occasion that it does lock up.

Bottom line---I don't know that I would buy a Treo given the other options out there. I haven't used them all, but there just seems to be some better options out there than the Treo at this point.

ATexBear
12-28-06, 01:44 PM
Just got the Treo (680?) for Christmas. Takes a while to get use to but for the most part it's pretty solid and you can't beat Samsung. One down side though, does anybody have problems with the volume of the phone? It seems like anytime I'm on the phone I have to go to where it's quiet because its so hard to hear.

Ty McNeely
12-28-06, 01:46 PM
My Treo is ungodly loud if the volume is all the way up. Hurts your ears it's so loud.

Waymond Bear1
12-28-06, 05:21 PM
Damnit, whatever happened to yelling at each other in person? Am I the only one who does that anymore?

Pansies.

Keyser Soze
12-29-06, 09:31 AM
Went with the Blackjack.

Was going with the Treo 680 offered by Cingular since wife swears by Palm OS, but that model was running MS.

Blackberry Pearl was real nice, but subscriptions to BB proprietary stuff made the cost higher to operate (may not matter if your boss pays for everything).

Blackjack is a slightly upgraded Q or dash, but mainly I needed to stay with Cingular for mobile to mobile and family plan rate with wife.

Ghostrider
12-29-06, 10:01 AM
Is there a way you can move all contact from a Palm handheld to a Blackberry?