PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Been Divorced?

green
12-29-06, 03:02 PM
With half of marriages ending in divorce I was curious to see of this that have been married here who is divorced? I also have some other questions that I would like you to ask, so please take the time to do so. You don't have to answer all of them, but please be sure to put the number of the questions next to your answer. Thanks.

1. How long were you married before you were divorced?

2. What lead to the divorce. ( ie money issues, affair, abuse etc.)

3. If you got remarried after the divorce how much time was between the divorce and your second, third marriage etc?

4. On average how much time does it take for somone to get over a divorce and begin dating again?

5. What are your views on prenups?

6. Would you be more willing to get a prenup after your divorce?

7. If you were interested in someone that is married and knowing that half of marriages end in divorce would you send signals that you are interested like talk to them more, give them compliments, do something nice for them? ( Nothing *** related, or affairs).

8. Did you have kids when you got a divorce and how many?

9. Did you have an affair which lead to your divorce? Do you regret it now looking back?

10. When orginally getting married did you ever think you would get a divorce?

11. Did you regret getting married after going through a divorce?

El Oso
12-29-06, 06:00 PM
1. How long were you married before you were divorced?
5 years and counting in Feb

2. What lead to the divorce. ( ie money issues, affair, abuse etc.)
n/a

3. If you got remarried after the divorce how much time was between the divorce and your second, third marriage etc?
n/a

4. On average how much time does it take for somone to get over a divorce and begin dating again?
My parents did it in less than 3 years--though I would say my mom isnt over her divorce yet

5. What are your views on prenups?
Prenups are vitally important if you have things to lose--anything can happen--and usually does--I got married without one cuz I have nada

6. Would you be more willing to get a prenup after your divorce?
yes

7. If you were interested in someone that is married and knowing that half of marriages end in divorce would you send signals that you are interested like talk to them more, give them compliments, do something nice for them? ( Nothing *** related, or affairs).
yes

8. Did you have kids when you got a divorce and how many?
I would have 3

9. Did you have an affair which lead to your divorce? Do you regret it now looking back?
no

10. When orginally getting married did you ever think you would get a divorce?
no

11. Did you regret getting married after going through a divorce?

Ross Speight
12-29-06, 06:29 PM
I don't believe a public message board is an appropriate place to discuss personal or professional matters.

But that's just me.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
12-29-06, 07:33 PM
Hey green,

I'm not up to answering your survey but I will say this. The first time I was married for less than two years(Got married right out of Baylor). Was single for almost seven years when I met my dream girl. Been happily married to her for eleven years. I thank God every single day for second chances.

RD2 :headache:

green
12-29-06, 10:43 PM
You don't have to answer the questions on the board if you don't want to. Feel free to pm me with the answers if you would like.

Hey green,

I'm not up to answering your survey but I will say this. The first time I was married for less than two years(Got married right out of Baylor). Was single for almost seven years when I met my dream girl. Been happily married to her for eleven years. I thank God every single day for second chances.

piratestef
12-29-06, 11:08 PM
Is this another Retired Prof. experiment?

tommie
12-30-06, 02:47 AM
Piratestef ran off with a guy "better in bed" then me. I begged her to "show me the ways of the woman" but she wouldn't.

Texas Golfer
12-30-06, 09:37 AM
I'm reminded of my divorce every time I look at that $250,000 cancelled check!

groverbabyBU
12-30-06, 09:57 AM
Piratestef ran off with a guy "better in bed" then me. I begged her to "show me the ways of the woman" but she wouldn't.
She just didn't think you could handle it, tommie.

ChipOC
12-30-06, 02:09 PM
1. How long were you married before you were divorced? 4 years

2. What lead to the divorce. ( ie money issues, affair, abuse etc.) Shouldn't have gotten married to begin with.

3. If you got remarried after the divorce how much time was between the divorce and your second, third marriage etc? 3.5 years

4. On average how much time does it take for somone to get over a divorce and begin dating again? I was separated for about 3 months.

5. What are your views on prenups? Wouldn't want one.

6. Would you be more willing to get a prenup after your divorce? No.

7. If you were interested in someone that is married and knowing that half of marriages end in divorce would you send signals that you are interested like talk to them more, give them compliments, do something nice for them? ( Nothing *** related, or affairs). No.

8. Did you have kids when you got a divorce and how many? 1

9. Did you have an affair which lead to your divorce? Do you regret it now looking back? No.

10. When orginally getting married did you ever think you would get a divorce? Yes.

11. Did you regret getting married after going through a divorce? Yes.

Waymond Bear1
12-30-06, 03:01 PM
1. How long was I married? 9 miserable years

2 What lead to the divorce? My wife could not keep another man out of her.
3. If got remarried, how long was between divorce and new marriage? Never going to happen, unless some rich 25 year old gets in the picture.
4. How long to start dating again? when she decided to step out, ole Waymond decided it was time to date. About 4 months before the final deal was sealed.
5. What are your views on prenups? A must for any man with money.
6 Would you be more willing to get a prenup after a divorce? Hell yes, why would I want to lose what I earned and built. She can go elsewhere for money.
7. I would not get involved with a married woman, she is slutty enought to cheat on her husband---she'd cheat on anyone.
8. I had three kids, best thing that ever happenend with the relationship.
9 My wife had the affair. She is a ***** and she knows it.
10. When I got married to my wife, I was way too young for it. No, blinded by that women's hot body.
11. No, I regret not spending more money on the divorce and put her through hell.

Yogi
12-30-06, 03:12 PM
going through one as we speak.

Yogi
12-30-06, 03:31 PM
1. How long were you married before you were divorced? 5.5 years

2. What lead to the divorce. ( ie money issues, affair, abuse etc.) People don't change, but feelings do.

3. If you got remarried after the divorce how much time was between the divorce and your second, third marriage etc? Have no idea. To each his own, I guess.

4. On average how much time does it take for somone to get over a divorce and begin dating again? Depends. Is the divorce amicable? How long have things been worked out? How much dependence is still there?

5. What are your views on prenups? Depends on how many assets you have and whom you are marrying.

6. Would you be more willing to get a prenup after your divorce? Not necessarily. Maybe a marital property agreement outlining separate property, but my current wife and I have effectively mapped out a fair post-nup agreement.

7. If you were interested in someone that is married and knowing that half of marriages end in divorce would you send signals that you are interested like talk to them more, give them compliments, do something nice for them? ( Nothing *** related, or affairs). Absolutely not. Do not feed the alligators.

8. Did you have kids when you got a divorce and how many? 0

9. Did you have an affair which lead to your divorce? Do you regret it now looking back? No. But I am regretful for the things I did do wrong. You try to learn from your mistakes. Obviously you do not want to hurt any human being, but the guilt is triple-fold when that person is your spouse.

10. When orginally getting married did you ever think you would get a divorce? Absolutely not.

11. Did you regret getting married after going through a divorce? Absolutely not. Under what I knew then, it was not a bad decision. Hindsight is 20/20. I learned much from my marriage and my wife. Those lessons will make me a better man and serve me well in the future. You are a product of your experiences, and if you address your problems in a positive manner, you can be a better person and spouse in the future.

Waymond Bear1
12-30-06, 09:22 PM
Why would anyone cheat with a married woman, anyway? Honestly, there's no telling what else is going in her hole. She's like an open trap. You're boning the same spot as your mailman, your grocery store clerk, your doctor, your dentist, your coworkers, her coworkers...damn, they're just saggy vaginas waiting to happen. Wide open for the taking--and the clap. Not good.

FYI, I don't know if Pokey from LSU's married or not, but I knew a guy who said that's how she gets out her frustration is by sleeping around. Avoid like the AIDS right there, or triple-bag your penis if you go after her.

Tiny Elvis
12-31-06, 12:39 AM
Sorry to hear about that Yogi.

green
12-31-06, 09:01 AM
I think everyone misunderstood question #7. Of course you would mess around with a married woman or have an affair. I am not talking anything like physical contact. I mean like give her compliments, like if you worked with them tell them they are doing a good job if they worked on a particular project ask them questions about it, offer to buy them lunch ( not outside the time frame of lunch like not after work or on the weekend). I am not talking about going out on a date with them or having an affair again. I am sorry everyone mis undertood the question. I guess just do something nice for them, so that they would remember you and know that you are interested if the marriage were to unfortunately end in divorce which I would not wish that on any body.

I also noticed there were some that were for prenups and some that were not and I would like to know why or why not you were for prenups? And also if you wanted someone to sign a prenup how would you ask them and explain to them why you wanted them to sign one? Or if you were asked to sign a prenup and did not want to what would be your explanation as to why you would not want to sign a prenup?

xiledinok
12-31-06, 11:37 AM
I have never been married, but a friend did share with me how to effectively get a woman to sign up for a prenup.
He had his attorney draw one up right before the wedding date, after all the invitiations and everything had been set in stone. He then approaches his future wife and tells her that she can either call and cancel everything or sign the prenup. He explained that his business partners were in business with him, not her. She signed up and they are happily married (BTW, She could take care of herself, she didn't need his money).

Anyone have an example of a woman using a prenup?

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
12-31-06, 05:39 PM
Why would anyone cheat with a married woman, anyway? Honestly, there's no telling what else is going in her hole. She's like an open trap. You're boning the same spot as your mailman, your grocery store clerk, your doctor, your dentist, your coworkers, her coworkers...damn, they're just saggy vaginas waiting to happen. Wide open for the taking--and the clap. Not good.

FYI, I don't know if Pokey from LSU's married or not, but I knew a guy who said that's how she gets out her frustration is by sleeping around. Avoid like the AIDS right there, or triple-bag your penis if you go after her.

I consider myself a fairly lewd and sometimes distasteful poster.

This post of yours is definitely one of the most distasteful ever offered up by BEAR, 0and11, or WaymondBear1. You paint a pretty broad brush on married women. Are you saying that one should only cheat with a virgin? I would have to think there are many neglected, lonely married women out there that have had a lot less *** than some of the 22 year old single hotties that you are chasing at the bars. Regarding your comment about catching some kind of std, I would think the odds would be diminished greatly with a married woman.

Your last sentence was kind of funny. Regarding Pokey from LSU, you "knew a guy who said that's how she gets out her frustration is by sleeping around". Truth be known, she probably slapped the hell out of your source for acting inappropriately and now he is telling the world she sleeps around.

Grow up BEAR.

D_T
12-31-06, 07:42 PM
Yogi, a lot of people learn more from mistakes/shortfalls/adversity/loss than if they did something right a million times. In the end they are usually better because of it-even though it may not seem so at the time.

Best wishes in the New Year

WacoGone
12-31-06, 08:42 PM
I consider myself a fairly lewd and sometimes distasteful poster.

This post of yours is definitely one of the most distasteful ever offered up by BEAR, 0and11, or WaymondBear1. You paint a pretty broad brush on married women. Are you saying that one should only cheat with a virgin? I would have to think there are many neglected, lonely married women out there that have had a lot less *** than some of the 22 year old single hotties that you are chasing at the bars. Regarding your comment about catching some kind of std, I would think the odds would be diminished greatly with a married woman.

Your last sentence was kind of funny. Regarding Pokey from LSU, you "knew a guy who said that's how she gets out her frustration is by sleeping around". Truth be known, she probably slapped the hell out of your source for acting inappropriately and now he is telling the world she sleeps around.

Grow up BEAR.

RD2 :headache:Good luck with your quest, RD2. BEAR is so behindhand he thinks that all doctors, mail carriers, grocery store clerks, and dentists are male AND having *** with his wife. Come to think of it, regardless of their ***, his wife probably finds them an improvement over him.

JETHRO
01-01-07, 02:40 PM
This is, by far one of the most depressing threads in Baylorfans history...

The follow-ups should be:

1. How old were you when your first pet died?
2. How old were you when you found out there was no santa claus.
3. Share a time where your heart got pulled out of your butt and stomped on...

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
01-01-07, 02:44 PM
Good luck with your quest, RD2.

I may talk a lot and kid at times about *** and marriage, but please let me one thing perfectly clear. I have a beautiful wife and two wonderful children. God has given me more than I ever deserved to have. I am not going to do ANYTHING to screw it up.

WacoGone
01-01-07, 02:50 PM
I may talk a lot and kid at times about *** and marriage, but please let me one thing perfectly clear. I have a beautiful wife and two wonderful children. God has given me more than I ever deserved to have. I am not going to do ANYTHING to screw it up.

I meant your quest to get anything reasonable into BEAR's enfeebled brain.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
01-01-07, 02:55 PM
I meant your quest to get anything reasonable into BEAR's enfeebled brain.

Whew! Thank goodness! One thing BEAR did not mention is that there is indeed some danger cavorting with married women. It is one of the quickest ways to an early grave. Most of the time, guns and/or knives are involved.

Waymond Bear1
01-01-07, 03:59 PM
1. I'm not BEAR.
2. Just sayin'...if she's already looking to sleep around in the first place, you never know where she's been. Same applies to dudes, too. Triple-bag it if you must. And I'm just speaking from experience with my ex-wife. I think she did the whole town after she'd done me. Just sick! I'm just lucky we use a condom between kids--she kept having mysterious flare-ups of soemthing down there while we were still married. Stupid *****. Of course, not all are going to be like that. There might be a woman who falls into some kind of semi-monogamous affair where it's just you...and her husband. Those are usually fine. Just stay away from the bat-sh!t crazy hoes!

JETHRO
01-01-07, 05:57 PM
Here is Waymond and his ex-wife.

http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/images/actus/18421573.jpg

caseman
01-01-07, 07:35 PM
Just wanted to give my .02

I have been divorced 13.5 times. If you ain't no punk, holla 'we want prenup'

We want Pre Nup....yeah!

BaylorBabe
01-02-07, 08:38 AM
I have never been married, but a friend did share with me how to effectively get a woman to sign up for a prenup.
He had his attorney draw one up right before the wedding date, after all the invitiations and everything had been set in stone. He then approaches his future wife and tells her that she can either call and cancel everything or sign the prenup. He explained that his business partners were in business with him, not her. She signed up and they are happily married (BTW, She could take care of herself, she didn't need his money).

Anyone have an example of a woman using a prenup?

I have no problem with having a prenup, but that is totally bush league. If he really felt one was necessary he should have been able to tell her that from the very beginning or he shouldn't have been marrying her in the first place. Not to mention that ultimatums like that are for little children. But if they're happy, that's good.

Yogi
01-02-07, 01:57 PM
Yogi, a lot of people learn more from mistakes/shortfalls/adversity/loss than if they did something right a million times. In the end they are usually better because of it-even though it may not seem so at the time.

Best wishes in the New Year

Thanks.

That's how I have made it through life.

I would love to be one of those people who can always do things right the first time, but I seemingly am one who learns how to do things first and then can replicate the process consistently over time.

Tp that end, I should be a much more efficient attorney in a few years. ;)

BHJ
01-03-07, 05:27 PM
... and then you throw the dog poopie on her shoes.

- UL

ScottS
01-03-07, 06:29 PM
Sometimes our privates get us in trouble.

BHJ
01-03-07, 07:12 PM
Sometimes our pirates get us in trouble.

PEE.

TIA.

- UL

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
01-03-07, 08:09 PM

As one of my old Baylor roommates used to say, "Don't ever let your little head control your big head".

BUG61
01-04-07, 12:06 PM
Amazing that anyone would reply in detail to what is obviously a student or prof doing research w/o knowing who or for what. Not being critical just amazed.

BaylorBabe
01-04-07, 12:14 PM
Solan pretty much called that out on the prenup thread that is gone now.

Yogi
01-04-07, 12:16 PM

Only when we make them public... ;)

BHJ
01-04-07, 01:47 PM
Only when we make them public... ;)

ask chipoc about that one.

scandalous.

- kkm

... or was that yossbearian / fb?

hmmmm......

BaylorBabe
01-09-07, 03:24 PM
number 2