PDA

View Full Version : Way too personal question

El Oso
12-29-06, 10:36 PM
Any men on the male birth control pill?

Wife wants me to get a vasectomy (we are done having kids, but she says mine is a day procedure, hers is not) and to make a short conversation even shorter--that vasectomy aint happening

Been doing some research on this pill, but was wondering if anybody could get specific details.

PM if you can help

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
12-29-06, 10:41 PM
Hey Oso. The cheapest, best, and safest method is abstinence. After two years of marriage, it is also the most common.

(OKAY ladies! That was a joke. You're supposed to laugh!!!!)

RD2 :headache:

El Oso
12-29-06, 10:48 PM
dont I know it--but occassionally I get to break the ice

deltbear
12-29-06, 11:07 PM
"Dont be a fool, wrap your tool"

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
12-29-06, 11:16 PM
"Dont be a fool, wrap your tool"

"No glove, - No love".

Doc
12-29-06, 11:19 PM
Get the vasectomy. It isn't a difficult surgery, it's safe, you won't know any better and she will love it. If you are certain that you are done with making kids....there is no reason not to do so.

cbc-bear
12-29-06, 11:34 PM
Hey Oso. The cheapest, best, and safest method is abstinence. After two years of marriage, it is also the most common.

(OKAY ladies! That was a joke. You're supposed to laugh!!!!)

You stole my thunder.
Yes, except when she wants to get pregnant.

saabing bear
12-29-06, 11:51 PM
I also have to put in a good word for the big V. Had mine 20 years ago. It wasn't fun but it wasn't than bad, and I'm a wuss when it comes to pain. It sure made sex more fun not having to handle that danged diaphragm.

Living with three grandchildren is also a great contraceptive but I don't recommend it.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
12-29-06, 11:56 PM
I also have to put in a good word for the big V. Had mine 20 years ago. It wasn't fun but it wasn't than bad, and I'm a wuss when it comes to pain. It sure made sex more fun not having to handle that danged diaphragm.

Living with three grandchildren is also a great contraceptive but I don't recommend it.

After seeing that photo, I just gotta know! Do those three grandkids favor your side of the family or your wife's?

saabing bear
12-30-06, 12:07 AM
After seeing that photo, I just gotta know! Do those three grandkids favor your side of the family or your wife's?Must've been that Rogaine I overdosed on.

Coke Bear
12-30-06, 01:25 AM
Any men on the male birth control pill?

Wife wants me to get a vasectomy (we are done having kids, but she says mine is a day procedure, hers is not) and to make a short conversation even shorter--that vasectomy aint happening

Been doing some research on this pill, but was wondering if anybody could get specific details.

PM if you can help

I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on the Internet; therefore I won't recommend either. I share with you my philosophy and experience. I'm not a pill-popper. I take meds very sparingly. I don't like to take them every time that I feel bad. I know nothing about the male b-control pill, but the female version alters or has an effect on more than 30 different biological functions NOT related to birthin' babies. I'm sure that the male version has got to mess with something else other than your sperm.

I took a ride on the clip-ship. It wasn't that bad. It's no trip to Disneyworld, but it wasn't terrible.

I had my procedure done at Scott and White in Temple. The first visit is akin to your turn-your-head-and-cough game. No big deal. The doc explained what happens during THE PROCEDURE.

The next trip was the surgery. It happens usually on a Friday. The doc elected to knock me out (long story). I was out for twenty minutes. When I came to, I braced myself for pain, but fortunately the local was still in effect. I noticed that I was wearing a jock with a huge bulge. I was a little concerned until I realized that the bulge was gauze and my nuts didn’t swell up to the size of grapefruits. I lay on the couch ALL weekend and watched movies. My wife did everything for me. She even bought me a huge tray of Chick-Fil-A nuggets. I didn’t pick up the kids or clean or run around. I took it easy. I keep ice (or frozen peas) on my genitals all Friday and Saturday. I only took one pain pill on Friday nite b/c I thought that I would wake up around 3 AM with Great Balls of Fire and was scared that the pills would take too long to work. I never had any discomfort.

The final visit to the doc was about six weeks later or after 10 – 15 ejaculations. I was lucky enough to get to bring my sample to him. I took care of it at the house. That sure beats (pun intended) having to do that there with the nurses in the next room waiting on you. He gave me a clean bill of health and now I no longer worry about a little surprise number 4. Number 3 WAS a surprise.

My doc claims that his procedure has a 100% success rate IF the completes his 10 + “deposits” and he comes in for THE test.

If I had to make the decision again between the pills and the procedure, I’d make the same decision without concern.

tommie
12-30-06, 01:43 AM
Get the clip. It's no big deal.

Jack Bauer
12-30-06, 01:44 AM
If you ever need to get a reverse vasectomy, you can call 713-REVERSE, at least accoring to the billboard on I-35. (I actually saw this same billboard in New Mexico!)

Good luck.

piratestef
12-30-06, 02:43 AM
...and I'm proof that vasectomies don't always work.

Dad had one done during a previous marriage and went to a doc to have it undone. Doc told him that his accidentally grew back together anyway and they didn't need to do anything.

...nine months later...hahaha. Hi!

caseman
12-30-06, 10:21 AM
...and I'm proof that vasectomies don't always work.

Dad had one done during a previous marriage and went to a doc to have it undone. Doc told him that his accidentally grew back together anyway and they didn't need to do anything.

wow, that's dang near the Immaculate COnception

Solan=Christ!!!
12-30-06, 10:43 AM
wow, that's dang near the Immaculate COnception

It's been said that the antichrist will resemble the Lord.

ChipOC
12-30-06, 12:06 PM
It's been said that the antichrist will resemble the Lord.Even the Antichrist wouldn't torture us with stupid puffalumps everyday.

BaylorOkie
12-30-06, 12:45 PM
If you ever need to get a reverse vasectomy, you can call 713-REVERSE, at least accoring to the billboard on I-35. (I actually saw this same billboard in New Mexico!)

Good luck.

There's one (or at least used to be) btw. Tulsa and OKC on the turnpike, as well.

SoTexBear
12-30-06, 03:28 PM
Had the V and have never regretted it! Just do it!

ghost dog
12-30-06, 03:41 PM
2 words:

pull out

WacoGone
12-30-06, 03:49 PM
Oso, one non-surgical, long-term option for her is the Mirena IUD, which is progesterone-laced, plastic IUD that releases the steroid locally (in the uterus). It works via a suite of methods, including making cervical mucus unwelcome to sperm, and it also in most cases causes a complete cessation of menses, so more sex for you! It lasts five years after the insertion, which takes about 30 seconds. It's completely reversible if anyone changes his or her mind, and does not involve surgery of any kind.

The male birth control pill? Are you talking about the testosterone version or the one that produces a dry ejaculation? The latter is nonhormonal, but not actually available, and you'd have to know you're having sex to use it. I'd be concerned that the testosterone version would reduce sex drive and have other, related side effects (e.g., weight gain). I'm not a huge fan of systemic, hormonal birth control. Also, I'm not certain, but I don't think the hormonal BC is available yet, either.

ChipOC
12-30-06, 04:12 PM
UncleLinux says that state mandated castration is the way to go.

Waymond Bear1
12-30-06, 07:13 PM
Whatever you do, DO NOT SNIP YOUR MANHOOD! That's just...wrong. And don't take a sissified version of the chick's pill. Hell, those have all kinds of good side effects like shorter periods for chicks, so why not convince the woman to take the chick version and leave you alone? The man version's too untested, IMHO. Chick pill's been around since the 60s or something. And it works. The only problem I had with the chick pill was that I couldn't tell that my wife was sleeping around because there wasn't any Mexican babies popping out of her. Dirty *****.

caseman
12-30-06, 08:52 PM
pull out method, rhythm method,etc. Be creative b/c who knows when you might want another child [/sarcasm]

LIB,MR BEARS
12-30-06, 10:57 PM
Oso, here is one more option you may want to consider. You will need your wifes help with this one.

Woman Charged With Malicious Castration
Dec 29 9:18 PM US/Eastern

http://img.breitbart.com/images/ap.gif http://www.breitbart.com/images/email.jpg</IMG> (http://www.breitbart.com/cgi/email_story.cgi) http://www.breitbart.com/images/print.gif</IMG> (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/29/D8MASP080.html#) try { insert_digg_btn(''); } catch(e){}http://www.breitbart.com/images/digg-link.gif (http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=http%3A//www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/29/D8MASP080.html&title=Woman%20Charged%20With%20Malicious%20Castrat ion&topic=world_news) http://www.breitbart.com/images/delicious.gif (http://del.icio.us/post)

A woman was charged with malicious castration for allegedly attacking a man during a Christmas party, police said. Rebecca Arnold Dawson (http://search.breitbart.com/q?s=dawson&sid=breitbart.com), 34, is accused of grabbing the genitals of a 38-year-old man during a fight that erupted early Tuesday morning at a party hosted by the man's girlfriend. All three were heavily intoxicated, Lillington Police Chief Frank Powers said.

"I believe he needed more than 50 stitches to repair the damage, but he is back home at this point," police Cpl. Brad Stevens said Friday. "All we can tell you is that the injury was done with her hands. There were no weapons used."

Witnesses gave conflicting stories to police, who discovered a bloody scene after being called to the home for a domestic disturbance (http://search.breitbart.com/q?s=%22domestic+disturbance%22&sid=breitbart.com), Powers said. Other details weren't provided.

North Carolina law (http://search.breitbart.com/q?s=%22North+Carolina+law%22&sid=breitbart.com) describes malicious castration as cutting off, maiming or disfiguring a person's genitals (http://search.breitbart.com/q?s=person's+genitals&sid=breitbart.com) with the intent to hurt or render the victim impotent. Dawson, who was released from jail Wednesday on $50,000 bond, also was charged with assault causing serious bodily injury, malicious conduct by a prisoner, and damage to government property for damaging a police cruiser. She also allegedly spit on an officer, Stevens said. The arrest was the first of its kind in Lillington, a town about 30 miles south of Raleigh, Powers said.

BigBearBalls
12-31-06, 07:42 PM
So after you have the v, what comes out? Is it the exact same w/o sperm? Less?

saabing bear
12-31-06, 08:09 PM
OBTW if you're concerned about performance, the wife and I had sex 2 days after the operation. Not exactly the best I ever had, but a great confidence boost.

BearChick
12-31-06, 11:39 PM
Chick pill's been around since the 60s or something. And it works.

It works, yes, but it also can cause some very serious side effects that some people like me live with every day and could well impair my ability to have children in the near future. It is a drug, one that deals with a very sophisticated system (endocrine) and should not be used lightly. I can't take the pill anymore, and there are others who are like me. WG's suggestion of Mirena is a good one, but seriously, she had the children...just go get the snip.

gobears
12-31-06, 11:58 PM

Ejac is exactly the same (only under a microscope could you tell the difference).

If anyone around Austin is going to get a vasectomy, you probably will have it done by---and Im not kidding here---Dr. Richard (Dick) Chop. Yeah, that man picked the perfect profession for his name. However, he has absolutely no sense of humor about it.

jcameronmk
01-01-07, 01:47 AM
I'm kind of surprised this many guys have had it. I had no idea.

BUG61
01-04-07, 11:14 AM

Exactly the same w/o babies.

DS Bear
01-04-07, 11:57 AM
Oso, one non-surgical, long-term option for her is the Mirena IUD, which is progesterone-laced, plastic IUD that releases the steroid locally (in the uterus). It works via a suite of methods, including making cervical mucus unwelcome to sperm, and it also in most cases causes a complete cessation of menses, so more sex for you! It lasts five years after the insertion, which takes about 30 seconds. It's completely reversible if anyone changes his or her mind, and does not involve surgery of any kind.

The male birth control pill? Are you talking about the testosterone version or the one that produces a dry ejaculation? The latter is nonhormonal, but not actually available, and you'd have to know you're having sex to use it. I'd be concerned that the testosterone version would reduce sex drive and have other, related side effects (e.g., weight gain). I'm not a huge fan of systemic, hormonal birth control. Also, I'm not certain, but I don't think the hormonal BC is available yet, either.

a "dry ejaculation"? That sounds about as appealing as a dry slip-and-slide.

DONNIE D
01-04-07, 12:03 PM
a "dry ejaculation"? That sounds about as appealing as a dry slip-and-slide.:lol: :lol: :lol: Priceless!!!

Swamp Bear
01-04-07, 12:07 PM
Have to watch out for the Vas, it is self reversing (healing) as you are dealing with a highly vascular area. You are supposed to have a check up every few years to make sure that it has not reversed on its own.

DONNIE D
01-04-07, 12:17 PM
Have to watch out for the Vas, it is self reversing (healing) as you are dealing with a highly vascular area. You are supposed to have a check up every few years to make sure that it has not reversed on its own.
7-10 years.

jstins
01-04-07, 12:25 PM
I'm no doctor, nor do I play one on the Internet; therefore I won't recommend either. I share with you my philosophy and experience. I'm not a pill-popper. I take meds very sparingly. I don't like to take them every time that I feel bad. I know nothing about the male b-control pill, but the female version alters or has an effect on more than 30 different biological functions NOT related to birthin' babies. I'm sure that the male version has got to mess with something else other than your sperm.

I took a ride on the clip-ship. It wasn't that bad. It's no trip to Disneyworld, but it wasn't terrible.

I had my procedure done at Scott and White in Temple. The first visit is akin to your turn-your-head-and-cough game. No big deal. The doc explained what happens during THE PROCEDURE.

The next trip was the surgery. It happens usually on a Friday. The doc elected to knock me out (long story). I was out for twenty minutes. When I came to, I braced myself for pain, but fortunately the local was still in effect. I noticed that I was wearing a jock with a huge bulge. I was a little concerned until I realized that the bulge was gauze and my nuts didn’t swell up to the size of grapefruits. I lay on the couch ALL weekend and watched movies. My wife did everything for me. She even bought me a huge tray of Chick-Fil-A nuggets. I didn’t pick up the kids or clean or run around. I took it easy. I keep ice (or frozen peas) on my genitals all Friday and Saturday. I only took one pain pill on Friday nite b/c I thought that I would wake up around 3 AM with Great Balls of Fire and was scared that the pills would take too long to work. I never had any discomfort.

The final visit to the doc was about six weeks later or after 10 – 15 ejaculations. I was lucky enough to get to bring my sample to him. I took care of it at the house. That sure beats (pun intended) having to do that there with the nurses in the next room waiting on you. He gave me a clean bill of health and now I no longer worry about a little surprise number 4. Number 3 WAS a surprise.

My doc claims that his procedure has a 100% success rate IF the completes his 10 + “deposits” and he comes in for THE test.

If I had to make the decision again between the pills and the procedure, I’d make the same decision without concern.

Great story, but I don't think I'll be eating peas at your house. : )

DONNIE D
01-04-07, 12:31 PM
I think most of these are done with a laser these days.

Starr ChamBear
01-04-07, 12:44 PM
Great story, but I don't think I'll be eating peas at your house. : )

:lol:

eastdallasloco
01-04-07, 12:56 PM
everyone on this list that is not married should practice abstinence. didnt everyone sign that promise keepers pledge?

excalibear
01-04-07, 01:02 PM
Get the vasectomy. It isn't a difficult surgery, it's safe, you won't know any better and she will love it. If you are certain that you are done with making kids....there is no reason not to do so.

About 10 years ago, my neighbor is sitting on his driveway. I asked him how he was doing and he tells me that he had a vasectomy earlier that day. I asked him if it hurt and he said they deadened the area pretty good. I asked him how they 'deadened" the area. He told me that the doc gave him a shot in each testicle.

That alone is plenty of reason to never do it. Whenever a needle is stuck into a testicle so as to help you AVOID pain......I'll pass.

BrooksBearLives
01-04-07, 03:24 PM

Okay.. I have to say it. That was hilarious.

Yogi
01-04-07, 03:30 PM
everyone on this list that is not married should practice abstinence. didnt everyone sign that promise keepers pledge?

If non-married people practiced abstinence, then who would ever have sex?

saabing bear
01-04-07, 05:18 PM
About 10 years ago, my neighbor is sitting on his driveway. I asked him how he was doing and he tells me that he had a vasectomy earlier that day. I asked him if it hurt and he said they deadened the area pretty good. I asked him how they 'deadened" the area. He told me that the doc gave him a shot in each testicle.

That alone is plenty of reason to never do it. Whenever a needle is stuck into a testicle so as to help you AVOID pain......I'll pass.Your neighbor is fullaprunes. The shots do NOT go in the testicles, they go in the scrotum. Like I said, it isn't fun, but it is bearable, even for a Fredo like me.

excalibear
01-04-07, 07:36 PM
Oh, well, if it's only in the SCROTUM......HEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOO?!?!?!?