PDA

View Full Version : For anyone that is interested...

BaylorGuy08
01-05-07, 03:11 AM
The City of Waco is going to try and pass a bond issue in May that will help with the revitalization of the city. Currently, there is a committee of 120 Waco citizens that are looking over $220 million worth of ideas for the city that they are asked to look at and make it manageable to put on the ballot.

Included in the bond as of now are the following:
**Renovation of the Convention Center
**A new police headquarters
**Major improvements to fire stations, parks, streets, and the Texas Ranger Museum
** $10 million in parking and road improvements.
** $3 million in sidewalk improvements.
** $5.5 million homeless shelter.
** $4 million for repairs to the sinkhole on University Parks.
** $5.5 miilion renovation to the Downtown Central Library, and a new $10 million library to replace the Hoover Library on Wooded Acres.

This will be the first bond issue to go to the Waco voters in 40 years. Hopefully they can get this thing passed and improve the city.

ALSO... for your information...
A Houston developer is constructing a $55 million development in Downtown Waco in the empty lot across from the restaurant district (across from Crickets and Ninfas, etc...) that will include the new Waco Chamber of Commerce building, as well as new retail shops, restaurants, and student housing/lofts.

The Hilton renovation has supposedly begun, or will be beginning by the end of January.

And if you want to take a look at the plan for the new Legends Crossing development on I-35 and the Loop, go to the website. It is rather impressive, and would be HUGE for Waco once they have finished it. Phase one of the plan is underway with the construction of the new Hillcrest Hospital. The front entrance and the installation of the interior lake of the property is currently under construction as well. Take a peek... http://www.legendscrossing.com/index1.html

Just wanted to post this in order to give you a heads up with what is going on with the City of Waco. Atleast they are trying to make it better...

BaylorGuy314
01-05-07, 09:31 AM
The Legends Crossing development is very nice. Reminds me of the numerous developments that are going in along the 290 corridor and The Woodlands area around Houston.

I'm curious what kinds of businesses Waco is trying to attract.

Can they find enough businesses in the short run that will move to the downtown strip they are developing AND the Legends Crossing area?

Maybe so.

Either way, Waco needs to do some things.

I really wish they would spruce up Valley Mills. Adding a grassy median with some small shrubbery like the one on University Parks would go a long way in making that area look nicer.

sonuvabear
01-05-07, 09:38 AM
Looks great, but it's doomed to fail.

It's being built by the company that owns K&S Properties.

BaylorGuy314
01-05-07, 09:40 AM
It's being built by the company that owns K&S Properties.

Then it IS doomed to fail. K&S is the worst company ever.

sonuvabear
01-05-07, 09:46 AM
Ever.

Ev.....er.

BaylorGuy08
01-05-07, 10:31 AM
I really wish they would spruce up Valley Mills. Adding a grassy median with some small shrubbery like the one on University Parks would go a long way in making that area look nicer.

The only thing I know they are planning to do with Valley Mills is make it more pedestrian friendly. There was like 3 deaths from people getting hit on that street last year or something like that. They are supposed to be adding safer walkways, etc...

There was also a talk about widening Valley Mills, but I haven't heard anything recently to assume it is still in the works.

Yogi
01-05-07, 11:10 AM
Any pics of the Hilton plans?

Everytime I see new drawings, they look scaled down for the last proposed plans.

Solan=Christ!!!
01-05-07, 11:16 AM
I love the idea of "doing" Waco, but mainly wanted to add my vote to the K&S sucks bigtime ranks.

sonuvabear
01-05-07, 11:56 AM
Any pics of the Hilton plans?

Everytime I see new drawings, they look scaled down for the last proposed plans.

I've seen some pics of the Hiltons, but I doubt they'd be of much use here.