PDA

View Full Version : Insights into: Stolen Camera from Hotel room, any recourse?

master bray'tec
01-08-07, 05:46 PM
Camera was stolen from a hotel room a couple of months ago.

Is there any recourse for us now that the hotel has denied being liable for it?

piratestef
01-08-07, 06:36 PM
Where was the camera, and did the hotel ever find it? Did you put it in the safe and/or remember to lock your door? If it was locked up in your room, the only people that really could've stolen it neatly (i.e. sans picking the lock or breaking a window) would be the hotel staff. Keep hammering them about it if that's the case. Maybe it'll turn up somewhere--my dad's wallet was stolen at a ski resort once and he kept bugging the hotel until they found it, and then they mailed him the wallet with most of his cards (no cash, though, unfortunately).

Bankerbear
01-09-07, 09:50 PM
let me know if you are successful against the hotel-

I think the camera I wish I had might be stolen, too

caesarscott
01-09-07, 09:51 PM
I think the camera I wish I had might be stolen, toowtf does that mean?

Bankerbear
01-09-07, 09:59 PM
wtf does that mean?

some would say "insurance fraud", others would say "scam", but I say I want a new camera

wtf did you think it meant?

Friscobear
01-09-07, 10:04 PM
Camera was stolen from a hotel room a couple of months ago.

Is there any recourse for us now that the hotel has denied being liable for it?
They'll return it as soon as they figure out how to download all the "good" pictures.

tommie
01-10-07, 11:39 AM
Your best net is to put them in a position where the legal fees will be greater than the cost of the camera. Then they'll buckle.

BaylorBabe
01-10-07, 11:54 AM
Tommie is right (of course he is). I worked at the corporate offices for a hotel chain and if you make a big enough stink about it the risk management people would rather cut you a check for a few hundred bucks than have to use the legal team.