PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Pat Benatar!

StatMan
01-10-07, 01:23 PM
The shortest rock-n-roll female artist ever, Pat Benatar (she is only 5 feet tall!) celebrates her 54th birthday today. I will listen to her greatest hits CD to honor this special occasion. :)

DONNIE D
01-10-07, 01:49 PM
Patricia Mae Andrzejewski born Jan 10th 1953. That makes her 54 Stat.

BearChick
01-10-07, 02:01 PM
We are young
Heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands...

Love is a battlefield.

Remember that, folks. Love is a battlefield.

BearChick
01-10-07, 02:02 PM
Patricia Mae Andrzejewski born Jan 10th 1953. That makes her 54 Stat.

BTW, if Andrzejewski was my last name, I'd go by Benatar, too.

fubar
01-10-07, 02:12 PM
"That girl looks just like Pat Benatar!"

"Three girls at Ridgemont have cultivated the Pat Benatar look. Mary Ann Zlotnick in the red tights ...."

DONNIE D
01-10-07, 02:14 PM
I got Stat to edit!!! Yea, there is hope.

BUbacker
01-10-07, 02:42 PM
I assume this is here because she reads this site...

DONNIE D
01-10-07, 02:51 PM
I assume this is here because she reads this site...Yes, if I'm not mistaken, she had lunch with Wacoso today. Pat and BC have been friends for years.

fubar
01-10-07, 03:01 PM
You think she wants to be in our movie?

DONNIE D
01-10-07, 03:06 PM
You think she wants to be in our movie?Good idea. BC can prolly get her for no charge. Get your phone, I hear it ringing.

BearChick
01-10-07, 03:10 PM
Yes, if I'm not mistaken, she had lunch with Wacoso today. Pat and BC have been friends for years.

Seriously! Did you not hear me singing Love is a Battlefield earlier?

I'd chime in on the Rod Stewart thread with a version of "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" but I have to go finish cleaning my closet.

bobo
01-10-07, 03:13 PM
I'd do her. That is all.

G&G Hustler
01-10-07, 03:16 PM
The shortest rock-n-roll female artist ever, Pat Benatar (she is only 5 feet tall!) celebrates her 54th birthday today. I will listen to her greatest hits CD to honor this special occasion. :)

So...is the CD ten minutes long?

Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Love is a Battlefield and...um...We Belong? Does anything else qualify as a "hit"?

fubar
01-10-07, 03:23 PM
Good idea. BC can prolly get her for no charge. Get your phone, I hear it ringing.
It WAS her, and she's got an entire soundtrack planned for our epic!

"Wolverines of the Night"
"R&P is a Battlefield"
"Heartbreaker" (aka "StatMan's Theme")
"Hit Me With Your Best Insight"
"Treat Me Right" (duet with Guy Morriss)

DONNIE D
01-10-07, 03:30 PM
It WAS her, and she's got an entire soundtrack planned for our epic!

"Wolverines of the Night"
"R&P is a Battlefield"
"Heartbreaker" (aka "StatMan's Theme")
"Hit Me With Your Best Insight"
"Treat Me Right" (duet with Guy Morriss)This movie is really getting out there. I'm so excited. Did you ask her if she would do a duet with George? I think "Brazos Front Property" is a shoe in.

DONNIE D
01-10-07, 03:31 PM
I've got some,
Brazos Front Property
In Lacy-Lakeview
From my front porch'
you can see Bellmeade.

I've got some
Brazos Front Property
In Lacy-Lakeview
If you'll buy that
I'll throw the Practice Field in Free.:)

fubar
01-10-07, 03:51 PM
She likes the concept but claims every time she's around a man on stilts all he wants her to do is .... Well, you know.

"Brazos Front Property" may be our Oscar-nominated song. You could be the first baylorfans member up on the stage to accept!

DONNIE D
01-11-07, 07:01 AM
Thanks Fubar, I'll start working on my speech. It's funny every year what gets nominated. I wrote this song in about 15 minutes one day while working cattle, listening to Baylor football on AM Radio. Think it was 1990, and the question of a practice field came up. I thought "what a concept". All these years later, maybe my song will sway the powers to be. I'm thinking about giving all the proceeds to the school, or spending it at Georges. Not sure yet.

Oh, let Pat know I'll be the one accepting, so don't worry about the stilts. I'll get on my knees if need be.

tommie
01-11-07, 07:09 AM
Seriously! Did you not hear me singing Love is a Battlefield earlier?

I'd chime in on the Rod Stewart thread with a version of "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" but I have to go finish cleaning my closet.
Response to Rod Stewart, NO

BearChick
01-11-07, 09:31 AM
I took my dogs to the groomer this morning. As we were cruising Galveston, I was flipping radio stations. When the radio landed on 106.9, guess what was on?

Love Is a Battlefield. Yes, the very song I sang to all of you on this very thread yesterday.

Coincidence? I think not.