PDA

View Full Version : Sing!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

rockytwotone
01-11-07, 01:10 AM
ok, its that time of year again....who knows what? i know a few of the following. i have heard rumors about zeta, tri-delt, and kot, but i know ato for sure (i live next door to some...let's just say that they aren't very careful with keeping things secret).

THE LIST:
ZTA: something to do with being outside/parks?
tri-delt: jailhouse rock
kot: oilrig?
ato: new york, new york

what do you all know?

PhiChi56
01-11-07, 01:18 AM
NO! Don't get this started again, the boards will be absolutely flooded with stupid crap.

Sing! talk is worse than when the aggies invade every football season.

sicemhorns09
01-11-07, 01:40 AM
NO! Don't get this started again, the boards will be absolutely flooded with stupid crap.

Sing! talk is worse than when the aggies invade every football season.

Dont hate on SING...just because you cant dance and sing in gay costumes doesnt give you the right to make fun of it...on that note...this is what ive heard...

KSig: Waste Management
KOT: Oil Rig w/ dirt on the face
FIJI: 49 Goldminers
Chi O: Catholic School Girl (doubt it)
DDD: Vogue or something stuck up like that
ATO: Wall Street--> wanna be KSig
Delt/ AXO: Some castle thing
Theta: 60s or decades
Phi Chi: lost person finds Christ-->Very Original
Pi Kapp: Circus (not so sure tho)
ADPi/LX: My fair lady

Does anyone have anything else??

BigOlBurlyBear
01-11-07, 01:55 AM
sicemhorns??? You put that you are a Baylor fan but have the horns in your name. Please tell me you're not one of these homosexuals that wears other university's logos to class! Oh wait, you're defending sing. We shouldn't be suprised.

sicemhorns09
01-11-07, 01:58 AM
sicemhorns??? You put that you are a Baylor fan but have the horns in your name. Please tell me you're not one of these homosexuals that wears other university's logos to class! Oh wait, you're defending sing. We shouldn't be suprised.

hells no...i hate the libs down in austin... horns was by club baseball team name in HS... my family has a rich Baylor history... i would never support/cheer for the evil empire

BigOlBurlyBear
01-11-07, 02:00 AM
But you see where most, if not all, would make that assumption. You have 4 posts under that moniker. Lets create a new one eh? How about "Mysingaling"?

BearChick
01-11-07, 02:05 AM
:lol: at Bobb... but dude, he's right. I thought you were one of those "Baylor/UT fan" people. (As if that's really possible. ;))

PS, BOBB, we're going to be back in your old stomping grounds soon. We'll raise a margarita for you. Maybe I'll even find that elusive Fendi purse.

sicemhorns09
01-11-07, 02:05 AM
But you see where most, if not all, would make that assumption. You have 4 posts under that moniker. Lets create a new one eh? How about "Mysingaling"?

haha...thats stupid...help me pick one out...but lets get back to the point of SING...get excited...less than 40 days til club night!!

Solan=Christ!!!
01-11-07, 07:43 AM
Omgz!!!!

(It's not time for sing bull**** yet. Get on outa here. No one, and I mean NO one, needs almost 60 days of sing thread)

Trader Bear
01-11-07, 08:00 AM
rocky and sicem -- a pox on you and your children and your children's children.

billytheskink
01-11-07, 08:07 AM
What in the wide wide world of sports is a'goin on here?

BearTooth
01-11-07, 09:11 AM
Reminds me of the chorus from one of the songs on "The Producers " soundtrack.

No matter what you do on the stage
Keep it light, keep it bright, keep it gay!
Whether it's murder, mayhem or rage
Don't complain, it's a pain
Keep it gay!

eastdallasloco
01-11-07, 09:37 AM
Reminds me of the chorus from one of the songs on "The Producers " soundtrack.

No matter what you do on the stage
Keep it light, keep it bright, keep it gay!
Whether it's murder, mayhem or rage
Don't complain, it's a pain
Keep it gay!

guys i just have to say those darn ato's can never keep a secret and those fiji's just love to wear makeup and play like theyre at the alamo.

Gaspergou
01-11-07, 09:43 AM
Somebody hit the warn button on this thread. This kind of homoerotica shouldn't be allowed to stand in this public forum.

Friscobear
01-11-07, 02:17 PM
Hey! We have moderators now!

Clean this crap up!

PS- Sing sucks! And blows!

jaybear
01-11-07, 03:41 PM
I said it once, I'll say it again. Booooo for starting a SING thread. It's about this time of year I realize the great decision I made when I joined a fraternity that doesn't do SING, and that God for granting me that wisdom.

Allie Holcomb
01-11-07, 04:28 PM
YES!! My favorite thread each year to read. WOOHOO! ;)

jaybear
01-11-07, 05:32 PM
So how long do you figure it will take to get all the sorority girls on here complaining that people found out their SING themes? I am gonna say two and half weeks

sicemhorns09
01-11-07, 06:10 PM
Music for ATOs act...

Mo Money Mo Problems
New York, New York (Frankie)
Paradise City
Money for Nothing
Under Pressure

Hahaha...they cant keep ther mouth shut...so much for trying to when the "triple crown"

Missile
01-11-07, 09:38 PM
:lol: Dammit! Julie McCoy*, that's some good stuff.

* - typed in pure jest. I think you have a helluva job.

Waymond Bear1
01-11-07, 10:31 PM
Dont hate on SING...just because you cant dance and sing in gay costumes doesnt give you the right to make fun of it...on that note...this is what ive heard...

KOT: Oil Rig w/ dirt on the face
Chi O: Catholic School Girl (doubt it)
DDD: Vogue or something stuck up like that
ATO: Wall Street--> wanna be KSig
Delt/ AXO: Some castle thing
Phi Chi: lost person finds Christ-->Very Original
Pi Kapp: Circus (not so sure tho)

Does anyone have anything else??

Yes.

Horns = gay. Gay gay gay. http://www.njgayguys.com/files/FrontPagePix/Gay_Guys.jpg

Get thee back to Austin where the whole campus will prance in tights with you homo!

Waymond Bear1
01-11-07, 10:32 PM
Never mind the fact that you totally say youre not from Austin after you posted that...you've got to be gay if you're loving on Sing.

FYI, my predictions:

Phi Chi: Woos Christian judges with Christian themes. [Insert Michael W. Smith songs here.]
Tri Delt: Whatever it is, they'll make pigskin. It's like they paid off the judges or something.
Theta: Lots of pretty colors...wheeeeeeee. Their acts are GREAT to watch on acid, apparently. The 60s ain't a surprise.
KOT: Inevitably involving dirt, and like DDD, inevitably making pigskin because of the "paid them off" rule. Oiling each other onstage would make sense, though. Bunch of limpwristed nancy boys just LOVE to play with each other in the dirt...but only clean imported northface dirt and never the real stuff.
KXA: Trainwreck, complete with a mime tied down to a track.
Delt / AXO: I'm not sure how this passed the Baylor censors, but it's gonna be a drunken barfight. Supposedly they made an AXO say a disclaimer at the end on how Baylor curses the evils of drinking, but I suspect they'll pay off a Phi Chi to do this for them.
ADPi / LXA: Couldn't use trainwreck because KXA already called it, so they went with a car crash. Problem is, LXA won't show up, so it'll end up being an ADPi running a car off the stage (as opposed to into another car driven by a LXA).
K Sig: Fifteen Minutes of Pure Anthony. No joke; it's a one-man act this year.
FIJI: Men in Chaps. Like Men in Black, only with more chaps and a couple less aliens. And more men. Oh, and some dancing sausages a la ATO's Sesame Street characters, Zeta's rugs, and Theta's bowling pins in the background for good measure.
ZTA: After catching flak for the midriff-baring outfits from last year, they're going with an Amish theme. Hooray crazy sects!
Kappa Kappa Gamma: To use the same skirts for three years in a row, they're adding poodles to the front and using a 50s theme. Never mind the fact that Theta called the following decade.
Pi Phi: After blowing last year's budget on a bigass firetruck for a prop, they're doign a Baylor theme and stealing the statue of Rufus Burleson for a centerpiece. Not sure how that'll work out--chances are, they'll do vertical calesthenics instead of dancing because Rufus wouldn't tolerate that crazy liberal immodest dancing sh!t.
Sing Alliance: Anime, and you know it.
Baylor Fine Arts Coalition?: Some creepy theatre production we've never heard about in the real world. Probably Avenue Q, if I remember my LGBT-themed productions and the last year's fondness for puppets on stage right.
ATO: What someone else said, because they cant keep their damn mouths shut. And they know like, everybody. "Dont' say anything but..." Seriously, even my old ass knows a couple current ATOs.
Sigma Chi: Gives up after last year; gives their spot to the NoZe to fvck sh!t up, blows production budget on booze, hoes, and buying those sweet 80s metal wigs from the costume rental shop to satisfy their replacement act's fetish for fake hair.
Pi Kapp: Since when did they do sing? And why the hell start?

BID. A pox upon my gay son for being dragged to sing with some chick and dragging my tired old ass along with him, that's what.

Wooldogg
01-12-07, 12:41 AM
those fiji's just love to wear makeup and play like theyre at the alamo.
13 days of glory...

best. sing act. ever.

gointokashmir
01-12-07, 11:04 AM
Sing Damnit, Sing!!!

Sicemhorn denied being a horn but has yet to deny that he is a homo.

BaylorBabe
01-12-07, 11:17 AM
Waymond Bear is one of the weirdest alt-nicks ever.

FIJIFan
01-12-07, 11:45 AM
Dear God--

Please give Jason the strength to delete this thread as soon as humanly possible.

Amen.

Billie Brickie
01-12-07, 03:22 PM
what do you all know?

I know...that you know...and that we all know...that Sing is the worst idea since the hiring of Kevin Steal.

Honestly, this makes vegetarians and stinky hippies look fratty. We're losing fratty ground to places like UC-Berkeley and other GDI-ridden ****holes! Don't you see?

Revolt while you still can! Viva la revolucion contra el sing-o!

Waymond Bear1
01-12-07, 03:27 PM
My son helped me compile the list. Hooray rumor mills! I swear sometimes he's got a vagina under there.

Baylorbob08
01-12-07, 11:09 PM
XO: school girl... hard to believe
PiKapp: Pool Hall
pi phi: Luck be a Lady
Delt/AXO: Happily Ever After?
Kappa: Wicked
TriDelt: Madonna Tribute

i heard someone is doing a bugs life.

Any other rumors?

billytheskink
01-13-07, 12:20 AM
seriously, didn't we hire these Sing kids to get a little track laid?

boots09
01-13-07, 12:48 AM
Hahaha...they cant keep ther mouth shut...so much for trying to when the "triple crown"

ATZero will never when the triple crown...too late anyways...didn't win float

gointokashmir
01-13-07, 01:15 AM
XO: school girl... hard to believe
PiKapp: Pool Hall
pi phi: Luck be a Lady
Delt/AXO: Happily Ever After?
Kappa: Wicked
TriDelt: Madonna Tribute

i heard someone is doing a bugs life.

Any other rumors?
There is a rumor that people who debate SING rumors are gay

baylorbudd
01-13-07, 01:56 AM
OK, this is an open question to all the sing-haters though I doubt I will receive a serious response without a homosexual reference:

Why is there such animosity towards SING?

I am assuming a number of folks here will always hate anything theatrical, musical, etc. but what is everyone else's position? I only ask because a number of other schools have similar productions with their greek and non-greek students, but most people at those schools don't go on a bashing-spree even if they don't like the production. I realize that most people that post on these boards are mainly into sports and have the musical prowess of a deaf person, but why not just ignore Sing or these threads rather than petitioning to remove Sing from Baylor.

I know I will be lambasted for this post, but do y'all even have a remotely legitimate argument against having Sing at Baylor other than thinking that it is "gay?"

sicemhorns09
01-13-07, 02:57 AM
ATZero will never when the triple crown...too late anyways...didn't win float

They won class a w/ ddd

Allie Holcomb
01-13-07, 09:25 AM
OK, this is an open question to all the sing-haters though I doubt I will receive a serious response without a homosexual reference:

I am assuming a number of folks here will always hate anything theatrical, musical, etc. but what is everyone else's position? I only ask because a number of other schools have similar productions with their greek and non-greek students, but most people at those schools don't go on a bashing-spree even if they don't like the production. I realize that most people that post on these boards are mainly into sports and have the musical prowess of a deaf person, but why not just ignore Sing or these threads rather than petitioning to remove Sing from Baylor.

I know I will be lambasted for this post, but do y'all even have a remotely legitimate argument against having Sing at Baylor other than thinking that it is "gay?"

I think you will find that the answer is there is no true animosity, but rather a bunch of folks jumping on a bandwagon of "I hate Sing b/c it's gay" b/c everyone else on this board does. It's "cool" to hate it on baylorfans.com. ;)

Furthermore, we are one of MANY universities that has a Sing-like program. So, just know that most of the posters on here rail it b/c it's all in good fun, and to be honest, most of their rude comments are hilarious.

The annoying comments (IMHO) are the posters who actually have a frat or sorority in their screen name and get on here and blast other groups even though that's probably not even the group they're in. That IS immature, but alas, I still read.

CherryCola
01-13-07, 10:18 AM
Baylorbudd,

I think Allie is very right about the people who bash Sing, but there is one more group you should consider. There are a few people on here who really like to see how far they can push people. They think it is funny to see people get mad and make fools of themselves and their groups. That is where a lot of the criticism and "gay" calling is comming from. People just really like to push buttons.

Also, BaylorFans is technically a site geared towards sports. I can see how a lot of the regular members think it is silly that a bunch of people would be comming to their site just for a SING! thread. And, I understand how they could see us as really silly for posting so much meaningless banter about it. It is a giant thread that takes over the "ChitChat" section for about 2 months every year.

Trader Bear
01-13-07, 10:37 AM

Takes up way too much time and too much of an emphasis is placed on it. Plus BU males have a reputation of gayness and SING! doesn't help that any. I never said we shouldn't have it. I have long-advocated that it garners too much publicity, takes up too much time, and BU spends way too much money on it, either directly or indirectly through the organizations' spending. Since it just seems to be getting worse each year, perhaps reining in SING! isn't an option. If not, pull the plug on it.

In the past professors have been pressured by the administration to not schedule exams during the week before SING! and the week during SING! What a bunch of crock. Schedule the exam whenever it works best for the professor's schedule for the class, not to coddle a bunch of dancing Greeks (yes, I know SING! has non-Greek entries these days, but it is still a Greek event).

Take a look at this thread: SING! is weeks away, yet folks want to talk about it already and speculate on who will finish near the top. No wonder we get so fascinated by the Trump/Frump (Rosie) feud.

Allie Holcomb
01-13-07, 11:04 AM
Takes up way too much time and too much of an emphasis is placed on it. Plus BU males have a reputation of gayness and SING! doesn't help that any. I never said we shouldn't have it. I have long-advocated that it garners too much publicity, takes up too much time, and BU spends way too much money on it, either directly or indirectly through the organizations' spending. Since it just seems to be getting worse each year, perhaps reining in SING! isn't an option. If not, pull the plug on it.

In the past professors have been pressured by the administration to not schedule exams during the week before SING! and the week during SING! What a bunch of crock. Schedule the exam whenever it works best for the professor's schedule for the class, not to coddle a bunch of dancing Greeks (yes, I know SING! has non-Greek entries these days, but it is still a Greek event).

Take a look at this thread: SING! is weeks away, yet folks want to talk about it already and speculate on who will finish near the top. No wonder we get so fascinated by the Trump/Frump (Rosie) feud.

It was my favorite thing about being in a sorority. The organizations spend their own money for majority of their performances (I thought anyway) and to my knowledge it must bring in a lot of money for the school since the tickets aren't free. If not, the money is going somewhere that helps with student activities I would think, but I'm no expert on where money goes--I thought that kind of stuff belonged on R&P.

Can we not make this some R&P debate? Geez. Just enjoy the "gayness" of sing and don't read the thread if it bothers you that it takes up space on baylorfans. I could hardly blame you for wanting to read it, though, b/c it's funny. Just let it be. Thanks. :)

Solan=Christ!!!
01-13-07, 01:48 PM
I don't hate musical theatre. In fact, I like it.

I don't even hate sing.

I absolutely HATE this thread every year.

DONNIE D
01-13-07, 02:09 PM
Baylorbudd,

I think Allie is very right about the people who bash Sing, but there is one more group you should consider. There are a few people on here who really like to see how far they can push people. They think it is funny to see people get mad and make fools of themselves and their groups. That is where a lot of the criticism and "gay" calling is comming from. People just really like to push buttons.

Also, BaylorFans is technically a site geared towards sports. I can see how a lot of the regular members think it is silly that a bunch of people would be comming to their site just for a SING! thread. And, I understand how they could see us as really silly for posting so much meaningless banter about it. It is a giant thread that takes over the "ChitChat" section for about 2 months every year.:lol: Does everyone agree this might be a Alt-Nick??? 1ST. post

SneakAttack
01-13-07, 06:36 PM
I know someone that has access to some certain things at a certain building. This is what that person tells me:

KOT: Oil Rig
Chi O: School Blues

DDD: 80s
ATO: Wall Street
Delt/ AXO: Mideval Fantasy
Phi Chi: lost person finds Christ

Thanks to sicemhorns09- he's pretty close. I haven't ruled out that my friend is just messing with me, but I'm just passing along the info.

None of these things should be a surprise, knowing the groups. Zeta and ADPi/LXA are the only ones I've heard being really good. The people that work at a certain building are pretty impressed with them. Not that this will stop DDD from getting in the top 3. I swear they must have a "Judge Escort Service" within the organization.

Allie Holcomb
01-13-07, 06:47 PM
I know someone that has access to some certain things at a certain building. This is what that person tells me:

None of these things should be a surprise, knowing the groups. Zeta and ADPi/LXA are the only ones I've heard being really good. The people that work at a certain building are pretty impressed with them. Not that this will stop DDD from getting in the top 3. I swear they must have a "Judge Escort Service" within the organization.

:lol: I'm sure these groups are great and all, but even if your friend sees the themes written down somewhere it doesn't mean that he/she has seen the acts. They all practice in random locations all over Waco or perhaps in their rooms now (I don't know, but the point is that they aren't practicing out in the open yet). Now when dress rehearsal starts get back to us. ;)

Waymond Bear1
01-13-07, 09:47 PM
Ms. Allie,
I had good information and Mr./Mrs Sneaky might be right.
We went last year and I am probably skipping this year. My son's friend took him and myself while we came for a visit.
Not really my style.

Billie Brickie
01-14-07, 01:35 AM

In short, yes. At other schools, things like Songfest are legitimate competitions that take up a whole lot less time and involve a more healthy rivalry...not a lame thread on the outskirts of the internet where "moderation" is a bad word. A lot of other schools have it take place during Greek Week, or have it as a big karaoke contest in costumes. Not a bad idea, really.

Sing at Baylor seems to dominate the whole half of a semester, which causes a lot of problems both ON and OFF this board. Sure, the usual GDI inhabitants hate the influx of Greek "n00bs" coming in (bonus points if you work some form of "fratty" in there), but it gets worse off the board. If I hear one more b!tch complain to a prof that he/she needs a deadline extension BECAUSE OF SING after I've worked my ass off to manage my time well, get to Sing practices, and do the work beforehand, I'm going to march straight down to Lilley's office and demand that the Sing madness be ended NOW.

Oh well. This thread really shows the worst of the Greek community, so I don't blame anyone for hating it. If you're equating frattacularasticitude with how well you can prance around in tights, you need to re-read the Bible that is fratty.net.

Plus, you have a lot of non-theatre majors and non-music majors acting like they know what "on key" and "good choreography" is.

SneakAttack
01-14-07, 03:00 AM
:lol: I'm sure these groups are great and all, but even if your friend sees the themes written down somewhere it doesn't mean that he/she has seen the acts. They all practice in random locations all over Waco or perhaps in their rooms now (I don't know, but the point is that they aren't practicing out in the open yet). Now when dress rehearsal starts get back to us. ;)

My friend just might work somewhere that he/she could be in contact with people who DO see the sing acts right now. This is the only way that anyone could know how good they are right now. Think really hard, you'll figure it out.

Billie Brickie
01-14-07, 06:56 AM
My friend just might work somewhere that he/she could be in contact with people who DO see the sing acts right now. This is the only way that anyone could know how good they are right now. Think really hard, you'll figure it out.

If your "friend" happens to be on Waco Hall staff, they'll fire his ass quicker than either of us can say "Mike Riemer" over that.

boots09
01-14-07, 09:58 AM
They won class a w/ ddd

winning class A is NOT winning float. winning judges award is winning float. Class A winner is essentially second place

sven
01-14-07, 01:40 PM
I think its funny how this thread seems to have the most posts and the most activity on this site. You all love gossiping and arguing with each other.

sicemhorns09
01-14-07, 01:52 PM
I think its funny how this thread seems to have the most posts and the most activity on this site. You all love gossiping and arguing with each other.

quit sippin' that haterade

jaybear
01-14-07, 02:56 PM
This is when the SING thread starts heating up. I don't like SING and all, but I gotta say that this thread always turns into one of the funnier threads on baylorfans every year. Everybody getting all pissy over who is doing what theme, etc. Its just great. I give it another week before it starts getting really out of hand.

boots09
01-15-07, 01:53 AM
Actually winning class A is first place and DOES count towards triple crown. Judges choice is who the judges liked, but they did not achieve enough points to win their class. No one will get triple crown this year anyway because Kappa Sig will win intramurals.

you could not be more wrong. if the judges liked it the most...it got the most points...clearly. anyone can win judges award but it is mainly Class A because they have the better float. If someone from Class A wins judges award it is considered the best float and it got more points than the winner of Class A.

ATexBear
01-15-07, 02:49 AM
you could not be more wrong. if the judges liked it the most...it got the most points...clearly. anyone can win judges award but it is mainly Class A because they have the better float. If someone from Class A wins judges award it is considered the best float and it got more points than the winner of Class A.

Correct. Class A is not the overall winner. Judge's Choice is.

Allie Holcomb
01-15-07, 11:38 AM
Should you guys start a thread on Float and its judging? ;)

boots09
01-15-07, 12:21 PM
Correct, I am not disputing that. I am saying that the class A winner still qualifies for triple crown and that the winners of each class have the most points in that class. Judges choice is exactly what the name says, the judges favorite. That does not mean it has the most points.

You must be an ATO. Judges award has the most points overall and thus more points than the Class A winner. So if the Judges award float is from Class A then it has more points than the Class A winner...therefore making the Class A winner second place to the Judges award float. Stop trying to support your lame fraternity and just give it up.

Allie Holcomb
01-15-07, 12:43 PM
Actually I am not an ATO. I have been a judge for float before. Judges choice can come from any of the three classes. Therefore, it cannot be based on points because you could have a possible tie for Judges Choice. This is the last I am going to say on this.\

Thank you. :bow: Seriously, thank you.

;)

singaddict
01-15-07, 06:35 PM
I don't think anyone here understands the rules.

You can't use a theme for 5 years, aka circus and wall street are not able to be used. Also, Mike can't fire people from Waco Hall, only the Waco Hall manager can. Those guys will post everything about the acts; they do every year.

Oh, and if you don't like sing, don't read the thread.

The $
01-15-07, 07:11 PM
Sing is really, really gay, but at the end it ends up being fun. I'm just glad my fraternity doesn't take it or anything that seriously.

However, can't wait to see the rugged dirty faces of the KOTs, the almost too well put together makeup of the Fijis and K-Swigs, the funny but at times disgusting lewdness of the SAEs, the complete and utter dorkiness of the ATOs, the ever-so subtle Christian undertones of the Phi Chis, the sluttiness of the AXOs and Thetas, the psychotic dedication of the Tri-Delts, and how Kappa, Pi Phi, and Chi-O will manage to put extremely hot girls in the freakin ugliest, least flattering costumes.

Ahhh....Sing.

Grace Anne
01-15-07, 07:22 PM
Sing is really, really gay, but at the end it ends up being fun. I'm just glad my fraternity doesn't take it or anything that seriously.

However, can't wait to see the rugged dirty faces of the KOTs, the almost too well put together makeup of the Fijis and K-Swigs, the funny but at times disgusting lewdness of the SAEs, the complete and utter dorkiness of the ATOs, the ever-so subtle Christian undertones of the Phi Chis, the sluttiness of the AXOs and Thetas, the psychotic dedication of the Tri-Delts, and how Kappa, Pi Phi, and Chi-O will manage to put extremely hot girls in the freakin ugliest, least flattering costumes.

Ahhh....Sing.

:lol: Looks like you insulted most of 'em there.

Allie Holcomb
01-15-07, 07:24 PM
:lol: Looks like you insulted most of 'em there.

:lol: Agreed, but I sure had my first good laugh of the thread. Thank you, The $!

sicemhorns09
01-17-07, 12:54 AM
Ok...this is the confirmed theme for Kappa Alpha Theta....

Bakery/Cooks

one of the songs is "Whip it"

That is all for today

tornado
01-17-07, 01:06 AM
i bet another is "pour some sugar on me"

born_&_raised
01-17-07, 01:08 AM
Actually winning class A is first place and DOES count towards triple crown. Judges choice is who the judges liked, but they did not achieve enough points to win their class. No one will get triple crown this year anyway because Kappa Sig will win intramurals.

Correct, I am not disputing that. I am saying that the class A winner still qualifies for triple crown and that the winners of each class have the most points in that class. Judges choice is exactly what the name says, the judges favorite. That does not mean it has the most points.

Actually I am not an ATO. I have been a judge for float before. Judges choice can come from any of the three classes. Therefore, it cannot be based on points because you could have a possible tie for Judges Choice. This is the last I am going to say on this.

I know this is a SING! thread, but I hate ignorance.

Colonel Bear- you are incorrect and ignorant of Chamber's scoring of Student Organization's entries into the Baylor University Annual Homecoming Float Competition. And I whole-heartedly doubt that you have ever served as a judge for the Baylor University Annual Homecoming Float Competition based on your ignorance as quoted above.

Maybe this will help: After the judges have viewed all entires, they score each float based on different categories (theme development, safety measures, relevancy to homecoming float oppponent, attention to detail, etc.). The float with the highest score is then named the winner of that respective class. After all three Class division winners have been awarded, the judges then go back and pick an over-all Judge's Choice Award, which is awarded to the float entry that "best captures the Judge's imagination". If perhaps this ends up being a winner of one of the 3 classes, then that entry is bumped up to Judge's Choice and the second place winner is then awarded 1st place in that class.

And just in case you were wondering, an entry that does not win it's class can still win Judge's Choice if the float still captures the "judge's imagination" the most. I do know that Chamber and the Judges place a lot of importance, and weighting of points on safety measures, so if a float was incredible but not as safe as a less attractive float but a safer one, then that float could still end up as the Judge's Choice.

However, the Judge's Choice Award winner is not eligible to win their class as well.

I hope this explanation helps your understanding ColonelBear of the awards process for the Float Competition and removes as much ignorance as possible.

Please post a reply if you have any questions. I would be more than happy to help you understand what you comment on.

Finally, based on this accurate description of the scoring method to Award the various winners of the Baylor University Annual Homecoming Float Competition, it is obvious that AT0 is not eligible for the "Triple Crown" as they were not the over-all winner of the float competition. Class 'A' Winner is nice, but it's not the Judge's Choice Award.

Billie Brickie
01-17-07, 01:11 AM
Well, at least we know the ATO/DDD float failed miserably on "safety measures" once it caught on fire...

Billie Brickie
01-17-07, 01:12 AM
Also, Mike can't fire people from Waco Hall, only the Waco Hall manager can. Those guys will post everything about the acts; they do every year.

Obviously.

But if your source is that pair of Spanish boys, they got in assloads of trouble over divulging Sing info last year, anyway. And they're on thin damn ice this year over the same ****, I'll bet.

sicem530
01-17-07, 01:13 AM
Well, at least we know the ATO/DDD float failed miserably on "safety measures" once it caught on fire...
ok...the guys truck suffered a blown transmission... there are some things that you just cannot control.... the year of the bear was by far deserving of a class A win.

Billie Brickie
01-17-07, 01:16 AM
ok...the guys truck suffered a blown transmission... there are some things that you just cannot control.... the year of the bear was by far deserving of a class A win.

Touchy, aren't we? My my.

sar·casm /ˈsɑr[/url]kæz (http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png)əm/ Pronunciation Key (http://Pronunciation%20Key) - Show Spelled Pronunciation (http://Show%20Spelled%20Pronunciation)[sahr-kaz-uhm] Pronunciation Key (http://Pronunciation%20Key) - Show IPA Pronunciation (http://Show%20IPA%20Pronunciation) –noun 1.harsh or bitter derision or irony. 2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
[Origin: 1570–80; < LL sarcasmus < Gk sarkasmós, deriv. of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer ] —Synonyms 1. sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See [url="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=irony"]irony (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarco-)1. 2. jeer.

sicem530
01-17-07, 01:20 AM
Touchy, aren't we? My my.

sar·casm /ˈsɑrkæzəm/ Pronunciation Key (http://Pronunciation%20Key) - Show Spelled Pronunciation (http://Show%20Spelled%20Pronunciation)[sahr-kaz-uhm] Pronunciation Key (http://Pronunciation%20Key) - Show IPA Pronunciation (http://Show%20IPA%20Pronunciation) –noun 1.harsh or bitter derision or irony. 2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
[Origin: 1570–80; < LL sarcasmus < Gk sarkasmós, deriv. of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer ] —Synonyms 1. sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See irony (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=irony)1. 2. jeer.

haha....maybe

SuzieQ17
01-18-07, 02:46 AM
Here is what I have heard so far...

KOT: Railroad workers-dirty faces, boots same choreography that has been used for the past 50 years...
Tri-Delta: It's a Small World- they are all different kinds of bugs...i heard they have to walk like they are flapping thier wings..
Kappa: Wicked- their sing chairs love this musical...and it is all that I have heard thus far...
Theta: Cooking/Bakery with songs like Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pour some Sugar, Whip it,
Chi-O: college prep girl students in uniforms...sounds like they had some trouble with theme development since they did Catholic School Girls in uniforms not too far back..but I guess whatever works
Phi Chi: Something with travelers- Greyhound song, long black train, who knows what else..get saved by the bus driver in the end?
Pi Phi: Viva Las Vegas or Luck be a Lady...need I say more
Fiji: not really sure...I've heard goldminers

That's all I've got for now..

Allie Holcomb
01-18-07, 01:12 PM
Here is what I have heard so far...

KOT: Railroad workers-dirty faces, boots same choreography that has been used for the past 50 years...
Tri-Delta: It's a Small World- they are all different kinds of bugs...i heard they have to walk like they are flapping thier wings..
Kappa: Wicked- their sing chairs love this musical...and it is all that I have heard thus far...(I'm sure you'll let us know more as you see fit)
Theta: Cooking/Bakery with songs like Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pour some Sugar, Whip it, (no rude comments here--hmm)
Chi-O: college prep girl students in uniforms...sounds like they had some trouble with theme development since they did Catholic School Girls in uniforms not too far back..but I guess whatever works
Phi Chi: Something with travelers- Greyhound song, long black train, who knows what else..get saved by the bus driver in the end?
Pi Phi: Viva Las Vegas or Luck be a Lady...need I say more
Fiji: not really sure...I've heard goldminers

That's all I've got for now..

Says the Kappa or Theta...:lol: Thanks, Suze.

It just gets better, reading the comments.

boots09
01-20-07, 05:20 PM
I found a piece of paper in the sub describing KOT's act. They are definitely doing oil workers. The name of their act is Roughneckin' It. I had heard other rumors but this confirms them all. How typical of KOT to do oil workers, dirt and boots...ridiculous

Baylorbob08
01-20-07, 09:10 PM
I might possibly work at the big place... these themes are for real.

ddd: It's a small world (bug's life...)
chi-o: School blues/catholic school girl
Pi-phi: Luck be a lady (elvis/las vegas...)
Kappa: Wicked or something to that effect
AXO/Delt: Happily ever after?
ZTA: Secret Garden
ADPi/LXA: My fair lady
KXA: PJ Party
KD: Madonna
Theta: Cooking
FIJI: 20's Baseball
Sing Alliance: Peter Pan
K-Sig: Waste Management
Pi-kapp: Pool Hall
Sigma-Chi: Sumo wrestlers
SAE: Same as last year, and the year before, and the year before
Phi-Chi: Travelers/The Crucifixion... same clothes as last year
ATO: I can't tell but one of their songs is the Numa Numa song... and a queen song

ColonelBear
01-20-07, 10:31 PM
I might possibly work at the big place... these themes are for real.

ddd: It's a small world (bug's life...)
chi-o: School blues/catholic school girl
Pi-phi: Luck be a lady (elvis/las vegas...)
Kappa: Wicked or something to that effect
AXO/Delt: Happily ever after?
ZTA: Secret Garden
ADPi/LXA: My fair lady
KXA: PJ Party
KD: Madonna
Theta: Cooking
FIJI: 20's Baseball
Sing Alliance: Peter Pan
K-Sig: Waste Management
Pi-kapp: Pool Hall
Sigma-Chi: Sumo wrestlers
SAE: Same as last year, and the year before, and the year before
Phi-Chi: Travelers/The Crucifixion... same clothes as last year
ATO: I can't tell but one of their songs is the Numa Numa song... and a queen song

Well I know some of those are wrong. I am not sure about all of them. I do not know what big place you got them from.

Kappa is doing recess and singing saved by the bell.
ZTA is doing A Walk in the Park.

Billie Brickie
01-21-07, 04:40 AM
OK, does anyone else get a creepy image of some chicks "whipping it"?

Hey, whatever it takes to win!

I don't know about you man but I know it's an S&M act.

I TOTALLY found deep secret footage bought off a Waco Hall employee for two bucks and an ounce of oregano cleverly disguised as maryjane taken of their practice: http://www.linekey.freeserve.co.uk/smmorris.jpg

and it's completely totally wholesomely all-encompassingly legitamate because I'm a poster on an internet forum with SOOOO INSIDE SOURCES WHO WORK FOR THE MAN MAN!

TexasBear55
01-21-07, 08:26 PM
I heard TriDelt and PiPhi are really going to be good this year

K Sig is Anthony coming back again? Can you do it without him? I know your vocals are amazing, but dance...

I'm excited to see the same old act from KOT, back to the basics eh?

Chi O and Kappa...same act? I've heard they might be similar unless the Wicked theme is true

Fiji surprised to hear its not a workout theme

Billie Brickie
01-22-07, 01:17 AM
Whoops...turns out, it's a cooking show. Some guy off the internet who knows another guy off the internet who TOTALLY dates a theta sent me this snapshot from their act: http://www.sweden.se/upload/young_swedes/postcard/postcard_1.jpg

The second document he forwarded me was a draft of a lawsuit from ATO for the apparent copying of their last year's act.

Other themes that were, like, totally sent in to me from some dude who knows somebody and have to b e true baceause I'm a poster on teh internets and that's like, more credible than wikipedia--

Here's the Phi Chi backdrop this year,at least they're getting right to the point: http://members.aol.com/runnen4jesus4/Singing4Jesus2.jpg

Here's SAE's act with nothing new here, it;s like the same as last years act: http://kiat.net/images/miss-it/032406-boobies2.jpg

and here's the fiji act, it speaks 4 itself: http://www.geocities.com/lileksforsenate/flatlanderaward.jpg

and here's footage of some dude with BFAC: http://www.neilsimon-theater.com/images/hairspray2.jpg

O and heres me right now: http://www.gavinbrown.biz/images/xhbims/drunkstonedxim/logo.jpg

And you know its true because I'm a poster on baylorfans' sing thread!

Billie Brickie
01-22-07, 01:18 AM
wtf, mates? why aren't the pictures showing up?

Baylorbob08
01-22-07, 01:22 AM
I heard TriDelt and PiPhi are really going to be good this year

K Sig is Anthony coming back again? Can you do it without him? I know your vocals are amazing, but dance...

I'm excited to see the same old act from KOT, back to the basics eh?

Chi O and Kappa...same act? I've heard they might be similar unless the Wicked theme is true

Fiji surprised to hear its not a workout theme

Where'd you hear that tridelt and piphi are going to be good?

Billie Brickie
01-22-07, 01:25 AM
Where'd you hear that tridelt and piphi are going to be good?

Either he's a tridelt with a pi phi BFF or vice versa OR his two mommies are tridlet and piphi. you never know.

Baylorbob08
01-22-07, 01:26 AM
Either he's a tridelt with a pi phi BFF or vice versa OR his two mommies are tridlet and piphi. you never know.

you are so funny billie

sicem530
01-22-07, 01:29 AM
Billie....your just a bitter individual

Baylorbob08
01-22-07, 01:32 AM

says the tridelt..... or pi phi

sicem530
01-22-07, 01:33 AM
says the tridelt..... or pi phi

haha...way off on that one bob

Solan=Christ!!!
01-22-07, 01:35 AM
your

you're

sicem530
01-22-07, 01:40 AM
you're

umm...considering im not in a sorority...i dont think im bitter

HotTamale75
01-22-07, 03:29 AM
KKG- RECESS; opening with the saved by the bell theme and incorporating some WICKED songs, such as "Popular". I am excited to see this act- I have heard some of their costumes could be some what scandalous, but Im sure cute and flirty. There was some speculation about XO and Kappa's act being too similar with the school girl idea, but from what I hear, they are very different.

PI PHI- VIVA LAS VEGAS; This is too cliche of a sing act-- not very creative on their part, but who knows how things will pan out. Sing is always full of surprises! I have heard one of their costumes is just a leotard with a fringe skirt....but I have a hard time believing that was approved, so we shall see. As of right now, the rumor is Pi Phi's have only learned 2 of their dances, and none of their sing chairs actually wanted to be sing chairs in the first place.

TRI-DELTA-- A BUGS LIFE; Their acts are always high energy and very sharp, so I always look forward to what they bring to the table. Seems like a very original, creative idea. Heard that one of their costumes might be a big blade of grass?? We shall see!

CHI OMEGA-- CHOIR GIRLS; After being out of pigskin for 2 years, I know these girls are really going to try and put their best forward-- they have a lot to prove, but from what I have heard on the streets, they are already running their whole show from beginning to end. I am hoping it pays off for these girls this year....all I can really say is that anything can be better than their past 2 acts! geez, what happened there?

THETA-- COOKS; I can not wait to see this act. Thier music choices alone are so fun and theme appropriate. Pour some sugar on me (this years "TOXIC" song...haha), I like bread and butter, Whip It, Sugar Sugar (honey honey), and Im sure a few other fun ones. Cant wait to see what they tie into this one.

ZETA-- A WALK IN THE PARK; This sounds like a cute, cute theme-- but looking at zeta's past, they have a knack for taking a great, cute theme and just not doing it to its full potential. I know some of their songs include the brady bunch movie song "I think I'll go for a walk outside now, the sunshines callin my name..." (very catchy, and Im sure Ill be humming it for days after sing) and "Lets go fly a kite". I hear they will be having actual kites suspended in the air that girls may be dancing with and flying around the stage, and then they all come together to form a really big kite? Sounds like a cute idea, but could be another RUG disaster. We shall see.

KD-- I HAVE NO IDEA, nor do I think it matters.

ADPI/LAMBDA CHI-- I heard "Care Bears" from some one... and I sincerely hope that is a big LIE. that would be utterly AWFUL AND AWKWARD! The only reasoning I heard was that their backdrop was just a bunch of color bursts all over the place.....yikes. From the posts on here, a few of you mentioned "My fair lady" or something to that effect, and I really hope that one is the right one...much better mental picture.

AXO/DELT-- UNHAPPILY NEVER AFTER; Of all the acts I have heard, I am most excited to see how they are developing this one. It is just a big montage of all sorts of fairytale stories, and Im sure, knowing delt, there will be a hilarious section that I am looking forward to seeing. Poor delt, they have been through some crap this week-- apparently they were told last minute that they couldnt do sing anymore? No details on that one, but I hope they can because that would suck for AXO and all the work they have put in together.

ATO-- ARCADE; I know this one FOR SURE (whoever said that they were Wall Street, and New York New York for sure was VERY wrong) One of their songs is Pinball wizard from The Who, and a couple of their characters are Mr. and Mrs. Pacman. Knowing these guys, they will take this one and run with it to a point that we can not imagine til we see it in person.

FIJI- Havent heard much-- but the goldminer thing sounds cool- I cant wait to see what they do with it.

KOT-- OIL RIGS; I think these guys order vats of soot each year to paint onto each of their costumes and faces-- very original...or not. But hey, they stay consistant. Since every year they bring in new judges, noone that matters would know that they did the same moves with the same costume the previous 35 years, but I am sure they are informed that they are Baylor's baby and they MUST go to pigskin. But usually, it is well deserved. I am excited to see those boys stomp their boots on the stage again this year-- they usually have a good one.

PHI CHI-- THE GOOD SAMARITAN; Obviously, pulling the "god card" again, but like I said previously with KOT- why change what works for you year after year. Although, I am never as impressed with phi chi as I am with kot, at least not since their puppet act (which kot did in the late 70's)...anyway, this act is set in a big city-- their backdrop has, from what I hear, a street with shops and buildings, and their props are brick buildings/homes, etc. Sounds like a guy down on his luck will be brought to his feet by "the good samaritans" (known as the phi chi's...) and saved during 2 minutes of slow, drawn out singing and no dancing on stage. EXCITING. But, hopefully they can pull this off and be mildly entertaining.

KAPPA SIG-- GARBAGE MEN; For some reason, I sense a garbage can/STOMP type dance in there somewhere (if you have seen the off-broadway show STOMP, then you know what I am talking about) I wouldnt be surprised if Anthony came back, but he graduated so I dont know if he will be in it, or if he just choreographed it all. We shall see, but Im sure it will be a good show, with some great singing.

SAE-- I have no idea, but I am sure something put together last minute that will be very entertaining, funny and slightly crossing the line. I cant wait!

SIGMA CHI-- (repeat previous statement) Im sure this one will be funny as well. I tend to like most of the acts, but the ones where they dont take themselves too seriously are always a nice break from some of the other, more competitve acts.

PI KAPPA PHI-- POOL HALL; This is their first time ever doing SING and I know they are going to bring a great effort to the table. Not everyone can be an "ATO" where they get second place their first year, so Im not expecting too much from these guys, but they have a lot of cool aspects in their act, such as a few full size pool tables, pool cues, a big bar and tables all on stage. I am excited to see the new-bies show us what they got!

SING ALLIANCE-- I dont know this one either. Im sure it will be another "nice try" and they will get into pigskin once every 10 years... they just got lucky last year. Good luck this year though! You never know how sing can end up.

BFAC- THEY DROPPED OUT OF SING!!! This is a fact-- they just couldnt handle it I guess, but they are for sure no longer doing it.

I think that is all 19 acts! There were a couple I did not know, so feel free to fill in what I missed. I am 99% sure of everything I do know though-- but feel free to correct me!
Looks like a great show to me, and I am so excited SING is finally here! Its honestly one of my favorite things about Baylor.

Trader Bear
01-22-07, 11:21 AM
19 acts is why SING! is something I will never see.

Okay, it's just one of the reasons.

But if they would find a way to shorten the thing, maybe I could get dragged there if my date was cute enough.

Nah, probably not. But I would hope she had a good time.

BaylorBabe
01-22-07, 11:51 AM
wtf, mates? why aren't the pictures showing up?

Hotlinking has been no-way jose since aggy week.

ColonelBear
01-22-07, 01:42 PM
Student Activities has added another SING performance on Thursday Feb. 22nd to meet the high demand for tickets this year. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9am.

Trader Bear
01-22-07, 01:46 PM
They're going the wrong direction. There should be fewer performances and they all should be shorter.

No wonder Sing! gets out of hand.

Waymond Bear1
01-22-07, 01:51 PM
OK, does anyone else get a creepy image of some chicks "whipping it"?

Hey, whatever it takes to win!

hell, that might even drag my old ass to see it.

in the front row. view of the skirts.

Grace Anne
01-22-07, 02:00 PM
They're going the wrong direction. There should be fewer performances and they all should be shorter.

No wonder Sing! gets out of hand.

Agreed, Trader. The show is too long.

Allie Holcomb
01-22-07, 02:13 PM
Agreed, Trader. The show is too long.

AGREED. The thing drives me crazy it's so long. I honestly am there to watch a couple of acts, making Pigskin SO much better.

Gaspergou
01-22-07, 02:19 PM
19 acts is why SING! is something I will never see.

Okay, it's just one of the reasons.

But if they would find a way to shorten the thing, maybe I could get dragged there if my date was cute enough.

Nah, probably not. But I would hope she had a good time.

"Sewer rat may taste like punkin' pie, but I wouldn't know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mother****er."

- Samuel L. Jackson as 'Jules' in Pulp Fiction

Baylorbob08
01-22-07, 03:07 PM
you're

ba dum dum chhhhh. Bravo

Baylorbob08
01-22-07, 03:10 PM
KKG- RECESS; opening with the saved by the bell theme and incorporating some WICKED songs, such as "Popular". I am excited to see this act- I have heard some of their costumes could be some what scandalous, but Im sure cute and flirty. There was some speculation about XO and Kappa's act being too similar with the school girl idea, but from what I hear, they are very different.

PI PHI- VIVA LAS VEGAS; This is too cliche of a sing act-- not very creative on their part, but who knows how things will pan out. Sing is always full of surprises! I have heard one of their costumes is just a leotard with a fringe skirt....but I have a hard time believing that was approved, so we shall see. As of right now, the rumor is Pi Phi's have only learned 2 of their dances, and none of their sing chairs actually wanted to be sing chairs in the first place.

TRI-DELTA-- A BUGS LIFE; Their acts are always high energy and very sharp, so I always look forward to what they bring to the table. Seems like a very original, creative idea. Heard that one of their costumes might be a big blade of grass?? We shall see!

CHI OMEGA-- CHOIR GIRLS; After being out of pigskin for 2 years, I know these girls are really going to try and put their best forward-- they have a lot to prove, but from what I have heard on the streets, they are already running their whole show from beginning to end. I am hoping it pays off for these girls this year....all I can really say is that anything can be better than their past 2 acts! geez, what happened there?

THETA-- COOKS; I can not wait to see this act. Thier music choices alone are so fun and theme appropriate. Pour some sugar on me (this years "TOXIC" song...haha), I like bread and butter, Whip It, Sugar Sugar (honey honey), and Im sure a few other fun ones. Cant wait to see what they tie into this one.

ZETA-- A WALK IN THE PARK; This sounds like a cute, cute theme-- but looking at zeta's past, they have a knack for taking a great, cute theme and just not doing it to its full potential. I know some of their songs include the brady bunch movie song "I think I'll go for a walk outside now, the sunshines callin my name..." (very catchy, and Im sure Ill be humming it for days after sing) and "Lets go fly a kite". I hear they will be having actual kites suspended in the air that girls may be dancing with and flying around the stage, and then they all come together to form a really big kite? Sounds like a cute idea, but could be another RUG disaster. We shall see.

ADPI/LAMBDA CHI-- I heard "Care Bears" from some one... and I sincerely hope that is a big LIE. that would be utterly AWFUL AND AWKWARD! The only reasoning I heard was that their backdrop was just a bunch of color bursts all over the place.....yikes. From the posts on here, a few of you mentioned "My fair lady" or something to that effect, and I really hope that one is the right one...much better mental picture.

AXO/DELT-- UNHAPPILY NEVER AFTER; Of all the acts I have heard, I am most excited to see how they are developing this one. It is just a big montage of all sorts of fairytale stories, and Im sure, knowing delt, there will be a hilarious section that I am looking forward to seeing. Poor delt, they have been through some crap this week-- apparently they were told last minute that they couldnt do sing anymore? No details on that one, but I hope they can because that would suck for AXO and all the work they have put in together.

ATO-- ARCADE; I know this one FOR SURE (whoever said that they were Wall Street, and New York New York for sure was VERY wrong) One of their songs is Pinball wizard from The Who, and a couple of their characters are Mr. and Mrs. Pacman. Knowing these guys, they will take this one and run with it to a point that we can not imagine til we see it in person.

FIJI- Havent heard much-- but the goldminer thing sounds cool- I cant wait to see what they do with it.

KOT-- OIL RIGS; I think these guys order vats of soot each year to paint onto each of their costumes and faces-- very original...or not. But hey, they stay consistant. Since every year they bring in new judges, noone that matters would know that they did the same moves with the same costume the previous 35 years, but I am sure they are informed that they are Baylor's baby and they MUST go to pigskin. But usually, it is well deserved. I am excited to see those boys stomp their boots on the stage again this year-- they usually have a good one.

PHI CHI-- THE GOOD SAMARITAN; Obviously, pulling the "god card" again, but like I said previously with KOT- why change what works for you year after year. Although, I am never as impressed with phi chi as I am with kot, at least not since their puppet act (which kot did in the late 70's)...anyway, this act is set in a big city-- their backdrop has, from what I hear, a street with shops and buildings, and their props are brick buildings/homes, etc. Sounds like a guy down on his luck will be brought to his feet by "the good samaritans" (known as the phi chi's...) and saved during 2 minutes of slow, drawn out singing and no dancing on stage. EXCITING. But, hopefully they can pull this off and be mildly entertaining.

KAPPA SIG-- GARBAGE MEN; For some reason, I sense a garbage can/STOMP type dance in there somewhere (if you have seen the off-broadway show STOMP, then you know what I am talking about) I wouldnt be surprised if Anthony came back, but he graduated so I dont know if he will be in it, or if he just choreographed it all. We shall see, but Im sure it will be a good show, with some great singing.

SAE-- I have no idea, but I am sure something put together last minute that will be very entertaining, funny and slightly crossing the line. I cant wait!

SIGMA CHI-- (repeat previous statement) Im sure this one will be funny as well. I tend to like most of the acts, but the ones where they dont take themselves too seriously are always a nice break from some of the other, more competitve acts.

PI KAPPA PHI-- POOL HALL; This is their first time ever doing SING and I know they are going to bring a great effort to the table. Not everyone can be an "ATO" where they get second place their first year, so Im not expecting too much from these guys, but they have a lot of cool aspects in their act, such as a few full size pool tables, pool cues, a big bar and tables all on stage. I am excited to see the new-bies show us what they got!

SING ALLIANCE-- I dont know this one either. Im sure it will be another "nice try" and they will get into pigskin once every 10 years... they just got lucky last year. Good luck this year though! You never know how sing can end up.

BFAC- THEY DROPPED OUT OF SING!!! This is a fact-- they just couldnt handle it I guess, but they are for sure no longer doing it.

I think that is all 19 acts! There were a couple I did not know, so feel free to fill in what I missed. I am 99% sure of everything I do know though-- but feel free to correct me!
Looks like a great show to me, and I am so excited SING is finally here! Its honestly one of my favorite things about Baylor.

FIJI's is 20's baseball
Sing Alliance is Peter Pan or at least a song from it
One of ADPi's songs is "you're the one that I want"

TexasBear55
01-22-07, 04:58 PM
Pretty sure KOT is not going oil riggs, but is actually doing Railroad workers. Big difference I know.

KXA is Pajama party?? Sleepover, something to that effect

Fiji is 20s Baseball, close to a workout theme I suppose

Group singing is supposed to be a much bigger deal this year than usual, so it will be interesting to see what groups stand out, and for that matter can handle an act full of singing.

boots09
01-22-07, 05:07 PM
Pretty sure KOT is not going oil riggs, but is actually doing Railroad workers. Big difference I know.

KXA is Pajama party?? Sleepover, something to that effect

Fiji is 20s Baseball, close to a workout theme I suppose

Group singing is supposed to be a much bigger deal this year than usual, so it will be interesting to see what groups stand out, and for that matter can handle an act full of singing.

My best friend is a KOT and he let me listen to their songs...nothing about trains...a lot about oil rigs

FuzzyBUMagnet
01-23-07, 12:06 AM
What songs are there about oil rigs, anyway?

bruiser03
01-23-07, 12:15 AM
My best friend is a KOT and he let me listen to their songs...nothing about trains...a lot about oil rigs

at this point in the game, no one really knows what anyone is doing. i have heard at least 2 variations on everyone's theme (example, train's or oil rigs?; baseball or workout?). some sources may be reliable, but you never truely know. after a few more open stages and rehersals, then people will get them down.

sicem530
01-23-07, 12:17 AM
at this point in the game, no one really knows what anyone is doing. i have heard at least 2 variations on everyone's theme (example, train's or oil rigs?; baseball or workout?). some sources may be reliable, but you never truely know. after a few more open stages and rehersals, then people will get them down.

if its on baylorfans...it has to be right...its like the bible

Billie Brickie
01-23-07, 12:18 AM
For God's sakes, some of you have the reading comprehension of a cardboard box.

Sing Alliance did trains two years ago. Five-year rule says that trains CAN'T be KOT's theme because it's been done in recent history.

Morons.

sicem530
01-23-07, 12:20 AM
For God's sakes, some of you have the reading comprehension of a cardboard box.

Sing Alliance did trains two years ago. Five-year rule says that trains CAN'T be KOT's theme because it's been done in recent history.

Morons.

have you not heard of intentionally misleading people??

Billie Brickie
01-23-07, 12:21 AM

I like to say that I'm bitter in a good way, like grapefruit juice...or tequila shots.

And about pictures, wtf is aggie week? and why do you give the aggies a whole week? Dont those goat ****ers get a whole year down at the main cult in college station?

Billie Brickie
01-23-07, 12:23 AM
have you not heard of intentionally misleading people??

well duh! But if you're going to intentionally mislead people, at least mislead them with a theme that would make since...like something with cowboys or truckers or one of those other dirty professions for KOT or something.

Trains has the potential to be too clean unless they're those little miniature trains that head out of a coalmine or soemtihng.

sicem530
01-23-07, 12:28 AM
well duh! But if you're going to intentionally mislead people, at least mislead them with a theme that would make since...like something with cowboys or truckers or one of those other dirty professions for KOT or something.

Trains has the potential to be too clean unless they're those little miniature trains that head out of a coalmine or soemtihng.

the thing is...most people dont understand the rules regarding SING...so if you post stuff...they lay person assumes that it is true

Solan=Christ!!!
01-23-07, 12:31 AM
Lay person. heh.

bearme
01-23-07, 02:13 PM
the thing is...most people dont understand the rules regarding SING...so if you post stuff...they lay person assumes that it is true

Why is it when I read Siem530 and Billy's posts I imagine the words being spoken with a lisp?

Billie Brickie
01-23-07, 02:31 PM
Why is it when I read Siem530 and Billy's posts I imagine the words being spoken with a lisp?

Probably because we're both chicks.

Seriously, 530's the illegitimate daughter I had in junior high. Boy was THAT a hard one to sneak by my parents for nine months...

~tear~ and now she's...my...legacy bid!

Billie Brickie
01-23-07, 02:33 PM

Just a wild guess~the "lay person" isn't likely to read a singthread on teh internets.

Neither would a man of the cloth. In fact I think our mere posting here has us all condemned at least to purgatory until further notice.

sicem530
01-23-07, 03:40 PM
Just a wild guess~the "lay person" isn't likely to read a singthread on teh internets.

Neither would a man of the cloth. In fact I think our mere posting here has us all condemned at least to purgatory until further notice.

This is not a Catholic school... purgatory does not exist

Baylorbob08
01-24-07, 08:08 PM
I like to say that I'm bitter in a good way, like grapefruit juice...or tequila shots.

I laughed out loud when I read this

eastdallasloco
01-24-07, 09:25 PM
I'm now gay for reading this

bruiser03
01-24-07, 09:45 PM
I'm now gay for reading this

sounds like a personal problem. come on guys, where's the gossip??

sicem530
01-24-07, 10:05 PM
sounds like a personal problem. come on guys, where's the gossip??

not much has been said over the past few days. anything new bruiser??

User Name
01-24-07, 11:37 PM

You must be a sound tech or something. Or maybe your name is Mike Reimer and this is your two month span every year to act like you're somebody. It helps you sleep at night after all those years of elementary kick ball and getting picked last. Either way you're spot on.

JK, good post btw. Just wish we had as many constructive comments in the sports boards.

baylorbudd
01-25-07, 03:08 AM
Sing tickets already sold out? Well that stinks, I had to wait a few hours to determine my schedule and I guess I'm SOL. Out of curiousity, why is Sing particularly popular this year?

ColonelBear
01-25-07, 08:48 AM
Sing tickets already sold out? Well that stinks, I had to wait a few hours to determine my schedule and I guess I'm SOL. Out of curiousity, why is Sing particularly popular this year?

A very large freshman class.

Pilot0287
01-25-07, 08:53 AM

they added an extra show... and I believe they still have tickets available for it.

baylorbudd
01-25-07, 12:09 PM
they added an extra show... and I believe they still have tickets available for it.

I saw that, but it is on a Thursday and I have class early morning on Friday

User Name
01-25-07, 12:33 PM
A very large freshman class.

LOL, smaller than the last two years.

CC_omputer
01-26-07, 05:00 AM

Having been in Chamber and despite never having been in charge of floats, i'm pretty sure that judges choice gets the most prize money, and is who has the most points over all. The award is there so that groups from a class B or class C entry that looks really sweet could in theory beat the more expensive floats.

In an unrelated note KOT doesn't actually buy their floats despite the rumors, ATO needs to learn to play with fire and EVERYONE needs to just suck it up and pay a tow truck to tow their damn floats rather than break some poor kids truck. (this year i think we had like 1 self propelled float actually make it under their own power to the end and not explode, destroy a transmission light on fire or any combination of those...)

l8toneius
01-27-07, 03:39 PM
Having been in Chamber and despite never having been in charge of floats, i'm pretty sure that judges choice gets the most prize money, and is who has the most points over all. The award is there so that groups from a class B or class C entry that looks really sweet could in theory beat the more expensive floats.

In an unrelated note KOT doesn't actually buy their floats despite the rumors, ATO needs to learn to play with fire and EVERYONE needs to just suck it up and pay a tow truck to tow their damn floats rather than break some poor kids truck. (this year i think we had like 1 self propelled float actually make it under their own power to the end and not explode, destroy a transmission light on fire or any combination of those...)

4 posts?? sounds like you have a personal anger issues that you need resolved

BaylorFrats
01-28-07, 01:47 PM
The Delt float was the only one that made it the whole way without any problems, and it won Judges Choice. Those guys must know what they are doin when it comes to man stuff. I guess thats what happens when you suck as Sing

ColonelBear
01-28-07, 01:55 PM
The Delt float was the only one that made it the whole way without any problems, and it won Judges Choice. Those guys must know what they are doin when it comes to man stuff. I guess thats what happens when you suck as Sing

Delt's charter is going under national review. They can only have 15 members in SING and they cannot take a pledge class. They have lost 3 advisors in the past year and a half. They are down to about 30 members in the chapter. They sure sound like they know what they are doing.

bruiser03
01-28-07, 04:42 PM

Maybe people have different priorities. They are entertaining...thats all that matters.

Katyfan2003
01-29-07, 10:43 AM
I congratulate Delt this year on winning judges award with KKG. they did a good job. But being in a fraternity is more than putting on a good show, and if anyone thinks that float and sing and anything else like that makes a good fraternity, than you must not be in one. It is about the brotherhood and the friendship, not how much you make people clap for you. As much as I would like to win float, there is no way you could ever convince me to become a Delt...

Cool_Hand_Luke
01-29-07, 12:12 PM
Mike reimer is a douchebag. Mike get a real job.

canaryocean
01-29-07, 12:37 PM
there have been a lot of open stages...anyone know any details?

shutupgdi
01-29-07, 12:38 PM
I congratulate Delt this year on winning judges award with KKG. they did a good job. But being in a fraternity is more than putting on a good show, and if anyone thinks that float and sing and anything else like that makes a good fraternity, than you must not be in one. It is about the brotherhood and the friendship, not how much you make people clap for you. As much as I would like to win float, there is no way you could ever convince me to become a Delt...

I do believe that would be their decision. Not yours.

TheGreenMonster
01-29-07, 01:29 PM
I look forward to Sing this year...hopefully another fun filled year of gay Sesame Street Themes......all joking aside....i look forward to ATO every year...always leave me guessing....as does AXO....except...i am always guessing how boring their theme will be. I wish somebody would do Puffalumps from outerspace...that would really make things fun....

Billie Brickie
01-29-07, 03:00 PM
Delt's charter is going under national review. They can only have 15 members in SING and they cannot take a pledge class. They have lost 3 advisors in the past year and a half. They are down to about 30 members in the chapter. They sure sound like they know what they are doing.

Haha, Delt sucks.

not a surprise. the only man thing they know how to do is choke the chicken.

Billie Brickie
01-29-07, 03:16 PM
I look forward to Sing this year...hopefully another fun filled year of gay Sesame Street Themes......all joking aside....i look forward to ATO every year...always leave me guessing....as does AXO....except...i am always guessing how boring their theme will be. I wish somebody would do Puffalumps from outerspace...that would really make things fun....

wtf is a Puffalump?

That sounds like something that would be fun to see on acid. Throw in Jimi Hendrix for good measure.

BaylorBabe
01-29-07, 03:36 PM
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

bobo
01-29-07, 04:46 PM
Dear Lord,

Please make my alma mater not so f^ckin' gay.

Amen.

gowilde
01-29-07, 05:00 PM

Gay, gayer, gayest.

OMG.

Why, O Lord, why? Why at BU? Why not at Aggggyyy?

Allie Holcomb
01-29-07, 08:43 PM
Gay, gayer, gayest.

OMG.

Why, O Lord, why? Why at BU? Why not at Aggggyyy?

Your prayers have been answered in the form of Songfest. Aggy has their own version of SING, although I've been to it and it's a tad bit different on the male end of things.

The Mad Fratter
01-29-07, 10:24 PM

Agreed with most of the above statement. Delt has confused its priorities lately (Drinking is still number one). However, it still says alot that a fraternity can build a winning float and stay somewhat competitive in SING. If you wanna just look gay on stage and suck at something manly like float, then go Fiji. If you wanna build some funny/good floats and be worthless at other things be a Beta, EX, or SAE.

KOT and ATO are the only frats that excel in everything they do, as much trash as everyone likes to talk about them. Delt could be that way if they sobered up...

tony9
01-29-07, 10:58 PM
The only thing ATO excels in is assuring their spot as biggest D-Bags at Baylor.

Katyfan2003
01-30-07, 01:04 AM
Do you base this on them winning Class A float, or getting to pigskin every year, or possibly their soccer and flag football championships in intramurals? Maybe it comes from them winning every greek award at Baylor and coming in 2nd as the top chapter in the nation. Please, explain the logic behind your brilliant claim.

Sorry to ask, but didn't Kappa Sig win all-university? And I think SAE A won fraternity football...

SuzieQ17
01-30-07, 01:16 AM
"Sing" thread anyone?

sicem530
01-30-07, 01:20 AM
Sorry to ask, but didn't Kappa Sig win all-university? And I think SAE A won fraternity football...

yes and yes... SAE won Div I Gold and KSig won DI ALL U; FIJI won Div II Gold and ATO won Div II ALL U

boots09
01-30-07, 02:45 AM
Do you base this on them winning Class A float, or getting to pigskin every year, or possibly their soccer and flag football championships in intramurals? Maybe it comes from them winning every greek award at Baylor and coming in 2nd as the top chapter in the nation. Please, explain the logic behind your brilliant claim.

COLONELBEAR:

Please read this closely. We know you are an ATZero...and please realize that y'all are hopeless. I would rather have my nuts sawed off then be associated with y'all. Wake up, y'all are not good at anything. You have been to pigskin twice. Yes both years you made it since you got back on campus, but a two year streak is nothing to brag about. You talk about "brotherhood" when your brotherhood is signing a piece of paper and saying you are an ATZero. Remember you were started by guys that could not cut it in the real fraternities of Baylor. Delt may be off campus, but they will always be a better fraternity than ATZero will ever be. Please reconsider throwing out lame arguements for ATZero and just give up.

Allie Holcomb
01-30-07, 08:43 AM
Oh my gosh, no one cares about float but KOTs (or so I thought). SING, people, SING.

TheGreenMonster
01-30-07, 08:52 AM
Since this is a Sing thread....geez you bunch of losers....stay on topic....all the frats really do suck at sing besides Ksig, KOT, and ATO. I think Chamo from I love you New York should be one of the celebrity judges this year. That would be hilarious!

F.U.P.A. Loopa
01-30-07, 09:07 AM
COLONELBEAR:

Please read this closely. We know you are an ATZero...and please realize that y'all are hopeless. I would rather have my nuts sawed off then be associated with y'all. Wake up, y'all are not good at anything. You have been to pigskin twice. Yes both years you made it since you got back on campus, but a two year streak is nothing to brag about. You talk about "brotherhood" when your brotherhood is signing a piece of paper and saying you are an ATZero. Remember you were started by guys that could not cut it in the real fraternities of Baylor. Delt may be off campus, but they will always be a better fraternity than ATZero will ever be. Please reconsider throwing out lame arguements for ATZero and just give up.

Boots, say what you will about frats but they are all gay. Fiji touches each other for god's sake. At least KOT and ATO attempt to be good at other things while they nibble on the other side of the pond for four years. Now, I may not know much but wouldn't most fraternities get started that way, including your beloved Delt (which you must be and I guess you're pissed they are taking away your identity).

Katyfan2003
01-30-07, 09:21 AM
Sounds like you already had your nuts sawed off in the name of brotherhood. Maybe one day you can see a REAL fraternity that doesn't have to torture people to force them to be their brothers.

A REAL fraternity isn't one who beats the hell out of its new guys for fun, but a pledgeship of somekind is neccesary to figure who really wants to be there, as well for them to respect its current members, the history of the fraternity, and to really gain trust within their own pledge class. Without that kind of bonding you are a math club with greek letters on your chest. Congratulations on being a disgrace to american fraternity system.

Cool_Hand_Luke
01-30-07, 10:19 AM
the plietz boys are ATO's. enough said.

tony9
01-30-07, 10:46 AM
To back up my "brilliant claim" it's really quite simple: ATO's are dorks. Every other group on campus knows it, and constantly laughs about it. Period.

What's SAE'S theme this year? They may not be good singers and dancers, but at least they're funny.

The $
01-30-07, 12:03 PM
To ColonelBear,

ATO is the laughing stock of the greek community. Nobody gives a **** about sing or float. You guys are a bunch of wusses, depledges, negs, and other sorts of worthless dorkiness. A fraternity should be judged by the quality of its members, a category in which you are about dead last.

Katyfan2003
01-30-07, 12:29 PM
You know, I will admit that when we first started we had people that had left other groups. Obviously, that is no longer the case because those people have graduated. Does that not speak worse for your group though? Somebody thought you were so awful that they had to drop all associations with you.

I wonder how EVERY fraternity started at Baylor. It could be that the guys who started it did not like the other fraternities and started a new one. So no matter what fraternity you are in, you started just like us. The only difference with ATO is that we are a returning chapter that was at Baylor long before you were. In 20 years it will not matter who started ATO.

Maybe you are right, in 20 years in won't matter who started yalls chapter, but that doesn't mean the guys will change. Your philosophy is being a random group of guys that wear the same letters. If they don't learn respect for the frat, their pledge brothers, or the other members, then it doesn't matter who started it. Right now, pledgeship, not hazing, is important. Otherwise you are doing exactly what the outside people think, buying friends. As much hell as fiji gets for acting gay, they at least know each other and earn their respect. I know that when I got in, I knew everyone and felt like i was part of a family. That isn't the way it is when you sign a bid card and get initiated... If you wanna be part of a group, go ATO or someone like that. If you wanna being in a brotherhood and Family, rush a real fraternity.

F.U.P.A. Loopa
01-30-07, 12:37 PM
Maybe you are right, in 20 years in won't matter who started yalls chapter, but that doesn't mean the guys will change. Your philosophy is being a random group of guys that wear the same letters. If they don't learn respect for the frat, their pledge brothers, or the other members, then it doesn't matter who started it. Right now, pledgeship, not hazing, is important. Otherwise you are doing exactly what the outside people think, buying friends. As much hell as fiji gets for acting gay, they at least know each other and earn their respect. I know that when I got in, I knew everyone and felt like i was part of a family. That isn't the way it is when you sign a bid card and get initiated... If you wanna be part of a group, go ATO or someone like that. If you wanna being in a brotherhood and Family, rush a real fraternity.

Are you saying ATO doesn't pledge?

Billie Brickie
01-30-07, 12:42 PM
So Delt's getting kicked off campus for having circle jerks for pledge events and ATO took a bunch of weird asses to begin with but it looks like they're starting to recover from that. Every fraternity has "that guy."

Nobody cares on this thread, though. I want to hear sing smack damnit and I want to hear it now!

TheGreenMonster
01-30-07, 12:44 PM

Wow....you frat guys are something else...I think Phi Gay needs to take a timeout and realize that this is a SING thread!.....yeah Sing! To end this discussion on topic....kids join organizations based on where they feel comfortable...if it is SAE...fine...ATO...fine...BYX...fine....who the hell cares... by the way....20's baseball for Fiji is going to be boooooring! I want BYX to join Sing and have their theme be " BYX Pillow Fight!"

Billie Brickie
01-30-07, 12:50 PM
Wow....you frat guys are something else...I think Phi Gay needs to take a timeout and realize that this is a SING thread!.....yeah Sing! To end this discussion on topic....kids join organizations based on where they feel comfortable...if it is SAE...fine...ATO...fine...BYX...fine....who the hell cares... by the way....20's baseball for Fiji is going to be boooooring! I want BYX to join Sing and have their theme be " BYX Pillow Fight!"

Holy sh1t man...were we seperated at birth or something?

I LOVE YOU.

Seriously, do you think some AT0 is gonna come on here and tell everyone the intimate details of their pledgeship process in defense? No. Because a) that's private fraternity business and b) nobody else on the singaling thread gives a fruitcakealing about it.

emphasis on point b b1tches. move on to sing smack. If BYX won't do pillow fight, who would? it definitely sounds like a SAE or Sigma Chi kind of theme, and I'd love to see it.

AGEOFAPOCALYPSE
01-30-07, 01:16 PM
Of the Beginning of Political Societies.

Sec. 95. MEN being, as has been said, by nature, all free, equal, and independent, no one can be put out of this estate, and subjected to the political power of another, without his own consent. The only way whereby any one divests himself of his natural liberty, and puts on the bonds of civil society, is by agreeing with other men to join and unite into a community for their comfortable, safe, and peaceable living one amongst another, in a secure enjoyment of their properties, and a greater security against any, that are not of it. This any number of men may do, because it injures not the freedom of the rest; they are left as they were in the liberty of the state of nature. When any number of men have so consented to make one community or government, they are thereby presently incorporated, and make one body politic, wherein the majority have a right to act and conclude the rest.

Sec. 96. For when any number of men have, by the consent of every individual, made a community, they have thereby made that community one body, with a power to act as one body, which is only by the will and determination of the majority: for that which acts any community, being only the consent of the individuals of it, and it being necessary to that which is one body to move one way; it is necessary the body should move that way whither the greater force carries it, which is the consent of the majority: or else it is impossible it should act or continue one body, one community, which the consent of every individual that united into it, agreed that it should; and so every one is bound by that consent to be concluded by the majority. And therefore we see, that in assemblies, impowered to act by positive laws, where no number is set by that positive law which impowers them, the act of the majority passes for the act of the whole, and of course determines, as having, by the law of nature and reason, the power of the whole.

Sec. 97. And thus every man, by consenting with others to make one body politic under one government, puts himself under an obligation, to every one of that society, to submit to the determination of the majority, and to be concluded by it; or else this original compact, whereby he with others incorporates into one society, would signify nothing, and be no compact, if he be left free, and under no other ties than he was in before in the state of nature. For what appearance would there be of any compact? what new engagement if he were no farther tied by any decrees of the society, than he himself thought fit, and did actually consent to? This would be still as great a liberty, as he himself had before his compact, or any one else in the state of nature hath, who may submit himself, and consent to any acts of it if he thinks fit.

Sec. 98. For if the consent of the majority shall not, in reason, be received as the act of the whole, and conclude every individual; nothing but the consent of every individual can make any thing to be the act of the whole: but such a consent is next to impossible ever to be had, if we consider the infirmities of health, and avocations of business, which in a number, though much less than that of a common-wealth, will necessarily keep many away from the public assembly. To which if we add the variety of opinions, and contrariety of interests, which unavoidably happen in all collections of men, the coming into society upon such terms would be only like Cato's coming into the theatre, only to go out again. Such a constitution as this would make the mighty Leviathan of a shorter duration, than the feeblest creatures, and not let it outlast the day it was bom in: which cannot be supposed, till we can think, that rational creatures should desire and constitute societies only to be dissolved: for where the majority cannot conclude the rest, there they cannot act as one body, and consequently will be immediately dissolved again.

Sec. 99. Whosoever therefore out of a state of nature unite into a community, must be understood to give up all the power, necessary to the ends for which they unite into society, to the majority of the community, unless they expresly agreed in any number greater than the majority. And this is done by barely agreeing to unite into one political society, which is all the compact that is, or needs be, between the individuals, that enter into, or make up a commonwealth. And thus that, which begins and actually constitutes any political society, is nothing but the consent of any number of freemen capable of a majority to unite and incorporate into such a society. And this is that, and that only, which did, or could give beginning to any lawful government in the world.

Sec. 100. To this I find two objections made.

First, That there are no instances to be found in story, of a company of men independent, and equal one amongst another, that met together, and in this way began and set up a government.

Secondly, It is impossible of right, that men should do so, because all men being born under government, they are to submit to that, and are not at liberty to begin a new one.

Sec. 101. To the first there is this to answer, That it is not at all to be wondered, that history gives us but a very little account of men, that lived together in the state of nature. The inconveniences of that condition, and the love and want of society, no sooner brought any number of them together, but they presently united and incorporated, if they designed to continue together. And if we may not suppose men ever to have been in the state of nature, because we hear not much of them in such a state, we may as well suppose the armies of Salmanasser or Xerxes were never children, because we hear little of them, till they were men, and imbodied in armies. Government is every where antecedent to records, and letters seldom come in amongst a people till a long continuation of civil society has, by other more necessary arts, provided for their safety, ease, and plenty: and then they begin to look after the history of their founders, and search into their original, when they have outlived the memory of it: for it is with commonwealths as with particular persons, they are commonly ignorant of their own births and infancies: and if they know any thing of their original, they are beholden for it, to the accidental records that others have kept of it. And those that we have, of the beginning of any polities in the world, excepting that of the Jews, where God himself immediately interposed, and which favours not at all paternal dominion, are all either plain instances of such a beginning as I have mentioned, or at least have manifest footsteps of it.

Sec. 102. He must shew a strange inclination to deny evident matter of fact, when it agrees not with his hypothesis, who will not allow, that shew a strange inclination to deny evident matter of fact, when it agrees not with his hypothesis, who will not allow, that the beginning of Rome and Venice were by the uniting together of several men free and independent one of another, amongst whom there was no natural superiority or subjection. And if Josephus Acosta's word may be taken, he tells us, that in many parts of America there was no government at all. There are great and apparent conjectures, says he, that these men, speaking of those of Peru, for a long time had neither kings nor commonwealths, but lived in troops, as they do this day in Florida, the Cheriquanas, those of Brazil, and many other nations, which have no certain kings, but as occasion is offered, in peace or war, they choose their captains as they please, 1. i. c. 25. If it be said, that every man there was born subject to his father, or the head of his family; that the subjection due from a child to a father took not away his freedom of uniting into what political society he thought fit, has been already proved. But be that as it will, these men, it is evident, were actually free; and whatever superiority some politicians now would place in any of them, they themselves claimed it not, but by consent were all equal, till by the same consent they set rulers over themselves. So that their politic societies all began from a voluntary union, and the mutual agreement of men freely acting in the choice of their governors, and forms of government.

Sec. 103. And I hope those who went away from Sparta with Palantus, mentioned by Justin, 1. iii. c. 4. will be allowed to have been freemen independent one of another, and to have set up a government over themselves, by their own consent. Thus I have given several examples, out of history, of people free and in the state of nature, that being met together incorporated and began a commonwealth. And if the want of such instances be an argument to prove that government were not, nor could not be so begun, I suppose the contenders for paternal empire were better let it alone, than urge it against natural liberty: for if they can give so many instances, out of history, of governments begun upon paternal right, I think (though at best an argument from what has been, to what should of right be, has no great force) one might, without any great danger, yield them the cause. But if I might advise them in the case, they would do well not to search too much into the original of governments, as they have begun de facto, lest they should find, at the foundation of most of them, something very little favourable to the design they promote, and such a power as they contend for.

Sec. 104. But to conclude, reason being plain on our side, that men are naturally free, and the examples of history shewing, that the governments of the world, that were begun in peace, had their beginning laid on that foundation, and were made by the consent of the people; there can be little room for doubt, either where the right is, or what has been the opinion, or practice of mankind, about the first erecting of governments.

Sec. 105. I will not deny, that if we look back as far as history will direct us, towards the original of commonwealths, we shall generally find them under the government and administration of one man. And I am also apt to believe, that where a family was numerous enough to subsist by itself, and continued entire together, without mixing with others, as it often happens, where there is much land, and few people, the government commonly began in the father: for the father having, by the law of nature, the same power with every man else to punish, as he thought fit, any offences against that law, might thereby punish his transgressing children, even when they were men, and out of their pupilage; and they were very likely to submit to his punishment, and all join with him against the offender, in their turns, giving him thereby power to execute his sentence against any transgression, and so in effect make him the law-maker, and governor over all that remained in conjunction with his family. He was fittest to be trusted; paternal affection secured their property and interest under his care; and the custom of obeying him, in their childhood, made it easier to submit to him, rather than to any other. If therefore they must have one to rule them, as government is hardly to be avoided amongst men that live together; who so likely to be the man as he that was their common father; unless negligence, cruelty, or any other defect of mind or body made him unfit for it? But when either the father died, and left his next heir, for want of age, wisdom, courage, or any other qualities, less fit for rule; or where several families met, and consented to continue together; there, it is not to be doubted, but they used their natural freedom, to set up him, whom they judged the ablest, and most likely, to rule well over them. Conformable hereunto we find the people of America, who (living out of the reach of the conquering swords, and spreading domination of the two great empires of Peru and Mexico) enjoyed their own natural freedom, though, caeteris paribus, they commonly prefer the heir of their deceased king; yet if they find him any way weak, or uncapable, they pass him by, and set up the stoutest and bravest man for their ruler.

Sec. 106. Thus, though looking back as far as records give us any account of peopling the world, and the history of nations, we commonly find the government to be in one hand; yet it destroys not that which I affirm, viz. that the beginning of politic society depends upon the consent of the individuals, to join into, and make one society; who, when they are thus incorporated, might set up what form of government they thought fit. But this having given occasion to men to mistake, and think, that by nature government was monarchical, and belonged to the father, it may not be amiss here to consider, why people in the beginning generally pitched upon this form, which though perhaps the father's pre-eminency might, in the first institution of some commonwealths, give a rise to, and place in the beginning, the power in one hand; yet it is plain that the reason, that continued the form of government in a single person, was not any regard, or respect to paternal authority; since all petty monarchies, that is, almost all monarchies, near their original, have been commonly, at least upon occasion, elective.

F.U.P.A. Loopa
01-30-07, 01:26 PM
The Gay Science

Excerpts

PREFACE FOR THE SECOND EDITION

This book may need more than one preface, and in the end there would still remain room for doubt whether anyone who had never lived through similar experiences could be brought closer to the experience of this book by means of prefaces. It seems to be written in the language of the wind that thaws ice and snow: high spirits, unrest, contradiction, and April weather are present in it, and one is instantly reminded no less of the proximity of winter than of the triumph over the winter that is coming, must come, and perhaps has already come.

Gratitude pours forth continually, as if the unexpected had just happened—the gratitude of a convalescent—for convalescence was unexpected. "Gay Science": that signifies the saturnalia of a spirit who has patiently resisted a terrible, long pressure—patiently, severely, coldly, without submitting, but also without hope—and who is now all at once attacked by hope, the hope for health, and the intoxication of convalescence. Is it any wonder that in the process much that is unreasonable and foolish comes to light, much playful tenderness that is lavished even on problems that have a prickly hide and are not made to be caressed and enticed? This whole book is nothing but a bit of merry-making after long privation and powerlessness, the rejoicing of strength that is returning, of a reawakened faith in a tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, of a sudden sense and anticipation of a future, of impending adventures, of seas that are open again, of goals that are permitted again, believed again. And what did not lie behind me then! This stretch of desert, exhaustion, disbelief, icing up in the midst of youth, this interlude of old age at the wrong time, this tyranny of pain even excelled by the tyranny of pride that refused the conclusions of pain—and conclusions are consolations—this radical retreat into solitude as a self-defense against a contempt for men that had become pathologically clairvoyant—this determined self-limitation to what was bitter, harsh, and hurtful to know, prescribed by the nausea that had gradually developed out of an incautious and pampering spiritual diet, called romanticism—oh, who could reexperience all of this? But if anyone could, he would surely pardon more than a little foolishness, exuberance, and "gay science"—for example, the handful of songs that have now been added to this book—songs in which a poet makes fun of all poets in a way that may be hard to forgive. Alas, it is not only the poets and their beautiful "lyrical sentiments" on whom the resurrected author has to vent his sarcasm: who knows what victim he is looking for, what monster of material for parody will soon attract him? "Incipit tragoedia" we read at the end of this awesomely aweless book. Beware! Something downright wicked and malicious is announced here: incipit parodia, no doubt.

But let us leave Herr Nietzsche: what is it to us that Herr Nietzsche has become well again?

For a psychologist there are few questions that are as attractive as that concerning the relation of health and philosophy, and if he should himself become ill, he will bring all of his scientific curiosity into his illness. For assuming that one is a person, one necessarily also has the philosophy that belongs to that person; but there is a big difference. In some it is their deprivations that philosophize; in others, their riches and strengths. The former need their philosophy, whether it be a prop, a sedative, medicine, redemption, elevation, or self-alienation. For the latter it is merely a beautiful luxury—in the best cases, the voluptuousness of a triumphant gratitude that eventually still has to inscribe itself in cosmic letters on the heaven of concepts. But in the former case, which is more common, when it is distress that philosophizes, as is the case with all sick thinkers—and perhaps sick thinkers are more numerous in the history of philosophy—what will become of the thought itself when it is subjected to the pressure of sickness? This is the question that concerns the psychologist, and here an experiment is possible. Just as a traveler may resolve, before he calmly abandons himself to sleep, to wake up at a certain time, we philosophers, if we should become sick, surrender for a while to sickness, body and soul—and, as it were, shut our eyes to ourselves. And as the traveler knows that something is not asleep, that something counts the hours and will wake him up, we, too, know that the decisive moment will find us awake, and that something will leap forward then and catch the spirit in the act: I mean, in its weakness or repentance or resignation or hardening or gloom, and whatever other names there are for the pathological states of the spirit that on healthy days are opposed by the pride of the spirit (for the old saying is still valid: "the proud spirit, peacock, and horse are the three proudest beasts on earth").

After such self-questioning, self-temptation, one acquires a subtler eye for all philosophizing to date; one can infer better than before the involuntary detours, side lanes, resting places, and sunny places of thought to which suffering thinkers are led and misled on account of their suffering; for now one knows whether the sick body and its needs unconsciously urge, push, and lure the spirit—toward the sun, stillness, madness, patience, medicine, balm in some sense. Every philosophy that ranks peace above war, every ethic with a negative definition of happiness, every metaphysics and physics that knows some finale, some final state of some sort, every predominant aesthetic or religious craving for some Apart, Beyond, Outside, Above, permits the question whether it was not sickness that inspired the philosopher. The unconscious disguise of physiological needs under the cloaks of the objective, ideal, purely spiritual goes to frightening lengths—and often I have asked myself whether, taking a large view, philosophy has not been merely an interpretation of the body and a misunderstanding of the body.

Behind the highest value judgments that have hitherto guided the history of thought, there are concealed misunderstandings of the physical constitution—of individuals or classes or even whole races. All those bold insanities of metaphysics, especially answers to the question about the value of existence, may always be considered first of all as the symptoms of certain bodies. And if such world affirmations or world negations tout court lack any grain of significance when measured scientifically, they are the more valuable for the historian and psychologist as hints or symptoms of the body, of its success or failure, its plenitude, power, and autocracy in history, or of its frustrations, weariness, impoverishment, its premonitions of the end, its will to the end.

I am still waiting for a philosophical physician in the exceptional sense of that word—one who has to pursue the problem of the total health of a people, time, race or of humanity—to muster the courage to push my suspicion to its limits and to risk the proposition: what was at stake in all philosophizing hitherto was not at all "truth" but something else—let us say, health, future, growth, power, life.

AGEOFAPOCALYPSE
01-30-07, 01:29 PM
I agree. Nietzche was a "Solid Guy." He probably was an ATO

rosybear
01-30-07, 01:35 PM
wow... i think a few of you guys need to find a life or a girl... seriously. I thought this was a SING! thread...

AGEOFAPOCALYPSE
01-30-07, 01:40 PM
The Balrogs were originally Maiar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maia_%28Middle-earth%29), of the same order as Sauron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauron), Saruman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saruman) and Gandalf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandalf), but they became seduced by Morgoth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgoth), who corrupted them to his service in the days of his splendour before the making of Arda. During the First Age (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Age), they were among the most feared of Melkor's forces. When his fortress of Utumno (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utumno) was destroyed by the Valar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vala_%28Middle-earth%29), they fled and lurked in the pits of Angband (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angband_%28Middle-earth%29).

As Maiar, Balrogs would have originally had the ability to change their shape at will, and to move "unclad in the raiment of the world" meaning invisible and without form. However, it seems that Melkor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melkor), Sauron, and their assorted Ainur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ainu_%28Middle-earth%29) servants could lose parts of this ability to change shape. At the very least, we know that Melkor became locked into the "tyrant of Utumno", gigantic and terrible, and he even seems unable to heal basic wounds, his hands and forehead remained burned by the Silmarils (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silmarils) and his face and foot wounds never healed after the duel with Fingolfin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingolfin). Sauron was never again able to take a fair-seeming form after his original material body was lost in the flooding of Númenor.

While it is not specifically stated, it seems that Balrogs were at least partially fixed in their fiery demonic forms in the same way. Even so, Tolkien describes them as "spirits" of fire and "great shadows." As a result, it is uncertain whether the Balrogs were somewhat ethereal or if they could still become so.

The Balrogs were first encountered by the Elves (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elf_%28Middle-earth%29) during the Dagor-nuin-Giliath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagor-nuin-Giliath) in the First Age. After the great victory of the Noldor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noldor) over Morgoth's Orcs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orc_%28Middle-earth%29), Fëanor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%ABanor) pressed on towards Angband, but the Balrogs came against him. He was mortally wounded by Gothmog (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothmog), Lord of Balrogs, the only Balrog known by name. Though his sons arrived shortly thereafter and fought off the demons, Fëanor died of his wounds, and his spirit departed for the Halls of Mandos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandos).

Later, during and after the fall of Gondolin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gondolin), two Balrogs fell at the hands of Elves. Ecthelion of the Fountain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecthelion_of_the_Fountain) fought Gothmog in the square of the king, where they both perished. Additionally, Glorfindel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorfindel) fought a Balrog who waylaid the escape from the fallen Gondolin; both perished in the struggle after falling off a mountainside.

F.U.P.A. Loopa
01-30-07, 01:41 PM
I don't know, but I'm positive my Balrog is bigger than yours.

AGEOFAPOCALYPSE
01-30-07, 01:42 PM
The size of Balrogs is also a matter of dispute. For example, in his notes, Tolkien states:

"[the Balrog] strode to the fissure, no more than man-high yet terror seemed to go before it."'The History of Middle-earth Volume VII (The Treason of Isengard), X The Mines of Moria II: The Bridge However, this draft was rejected, and such a statement does not appear in the published version of The Lord of the Rings. The published version actually states:

"What it was could not be seen: it was like a great shadow, in the middle of which was a dark form, of man-shape, maybe, yet greater; and a power and terror seemed to be in it and to go before it."The Lord of the Rings Book II, Chapter 5 "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm". Additionally, Tolkien states that:

"suddenly it [the Balrog] drew itself up to a great height, and its wings were spread from wall to wall..."The Lord of the Rings Book II, Chapter 5 "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm". These two statements made in the actual works suggest that they were greater in size than men.

However, in The Lord of the Rings, Tolkien also notes that the entrance to the Chamber of Mazarbul was sized so that

"...orcs one after another leaped into the chamber." and "...clustered in the doorway."The Lord of the Rings Book II, Chapter 5 "The Bridge of Khazad-dûm". While some contend that such a doorway seems unlikely to be passable for a creature much larger than man-sized without destroying the passage, others interpret this as a large number of orcs passing through a particularly large passageway, through which a Balrog could fit.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources)]

Also, some assume that Balrogs, as "spirits of fire" "swathed in shadows", were ethereal in having no definitive solid matter at any given time. This and a similar view is surely in support of the idea that Balrogs could possibly retain some of their shapeshifting abilities as Maiar, or at least could walk the earth without raiment as shadow, flame, or otherwise. As a result, it is quite possible that an ethereal spirit made of fire and shadow could pass through even a narrow opening, regardless of whether the ethereal spirit was immense.

There is nothing in the works of Tolkien to dispute the possible ethereal make-up of Balrogs or that they at least had the power to become so. Rather, Tolkien often refers to them as "spirits" or "great shadows"; both of which, if taken literally, would have no trouble passing through openings be they large or small. Furthermore, there is nothing to wholly dispute the Balrogs' initial shapeshifting abilities which they would have had as Maiar. Sauron, also a Maia, often assumed multiple physical forms through the Ages, including that of a great wolf, a vampire, a dragon[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources)], a handsome man, and finally a large terrible warrior (at which point he had lost the ability to change his shape). Similarly, the Balrogs could also have retained some of their ability to walk without raiment in assuming the form of both shadow and flame.

F.U.P.A. Loopa
01-30-07, 01:44 PM
ATO had a Balrog at a rush event last semester, but they negged him because he wasn't big enough or any good at sports.

AGEOFAPOCALYPSE
01-30-07, 01:47 PM
He was actually only a level 6 Balrog and ATO doesn't accept any magical creaturs with a magical rating of less than 8

bearme
01-30-07, 01:57 PM
ATO, please quit pretending to be greeks. You are a gay club that was given the letters to the worst national fraternity in america. You do not operate like a fraternity and you don't bond like a fraternity. There is nothing wrong with being a social club but please don't kid yourselves into believing that you are actually greeks. I think there is still time to change the name of your organization to Sing Alliance for Boys.

AGEOFAPOCALYPSE
01-30-07, 02:00 PM
Excuse me.... I think we are getting a bit off track here. This is not a fraternity chatting thread.

Friscobear
01-30-07, 03:39 PM
Sing sucks.

Carry on.

TrapIt4Life
01-30-07, 04:19 PM
Wow...this thread has derailed in shocking fashion. Although not too shocking since every year the Sing! thread disintegrates into a "ATO is gay!" bash-a-thon. At least its consistent, gotta admire that. Or hate it with a passion.

I always enjoyed float more anyway

TheGreenMonster
01-30-07, 04:46 PM
My top 3 for this year....are....

KOT

ATO

Triangle Triangle Triangle

I cant wait for Baylor Fine Arts again...maybe this year they will do "Spring Awakening"

heard it is a hit on broadway http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070121/stage_nm/broadway_springawakening_dc

HHShortney
01-30-07, 04:51 PM
I cant wait for Baylor Fine Arts again...maybe this year they will do "Spring Awakening"

Um...they dropped out...

Allie Holcomb
01-30-07, 04:54 PM

Um...they dropped out...

The correct way to post a quote, fyi, is to hit "reply" then write your comment under their quote. Then hit "submit." Hope that helps.

Green Monster, those are totally my favorites too! :rolleyes:

TheGreenMonster
01-30-07, 04:59 PM

Um...they dropped out...

sad day...hmmm....this calls for a moment of silence :sleep: ...ok back to sing!

lavalamp
01-30-07, 10:25 PM
all i know is the plietz boys are ATO's and they're the biggest dousche bags i know.

sicem530
01-30-07, 10:41 PM
all i know is the plietz boys are ATO's and they're the biggest dousche bags i know.

neither of them attend baylor anymore...and there is not a need to call out individuals

iheartbaylor
01-30-07, 11:18 PM
well all i know is that one of those plietz boys spent the nite with one of my roomates last year and left his half used preperation h on the bathroom counter. it was way gross.i think it was the one with the buzzed hair

lavalamp
01-30-07, 11:37 PM
well all i know is that one of those plietz boys spent the nite with one of my roomates last year and left his half used preperation h on the bathroom counter. it was way gross.i think it was the one with the buzzed hair

all i know is that i hope he's reading this cause i want to tell him that i'm sorry i laughed at him the time he had diarrhea at barnes and noble and then i told everyone about it.....and umm i'm sorry for repeating it now

AGEOFAPOCALYPSE
01-30-07, 11:43 PM
I heard that the pleitz's are actually reptoids. Seriously, check this out. I think you will find the similarities somewhat creepy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptoids

meangirls
01-30-07, 11:55 PM
Nerd Moment:

Pledging actually has a very strong anthropological argument. The process of joining a fraternity or sorority is what is known as a "rite of passage". It is during liminality (the transition stage of the rite, or in this case, the pledging period) that communitas is formed. Communitas is the intense community spirit and feeling of solidarity that is shared by a group of people going through a rite of passage together. Smoothing over the pledging process does not strengthen the solidarity of the pledge class, it only weakens it.

My father and his pledge brothers might have suffered unknown atrocities during Hell Week while they were pledging back in the 70's but, to this day, his pledge brothers are his best friends in the world. They were the groomsmen in his wedding and they are the godfathers of his children.

P.S. They were ATO's at UT, back when they still drank...a lot

HHShortney
01-31-07, 12:18 AM
The correct way to post a quote, fyi, is to hit "reply" then write your comment under their quote. Then hit "submit." Hope that helps.

Green Monster, those are totally my favorites too! :rolleyes:

haha ok. thank you. can you tell i'm new at this?:lick::tongue:

F.U.P.A. Loopa
01-31-07, 12:57 AM
Nerd Moment:

Pledging actually has a very strong anthropological argument. The process of joining a fraternity or sorority is what is known as a "rite of passage". It is during liminality (the transition stage of the rite, or in this case, the pledging period) that communitas is formed. Communitas is the intense community spirit and feeling of solidarity that is shared by a group of people going through a rite of passage together. Smoothing over the pledging process does not strengthen the solidarity of the pledge class, it only weakens it.

My father and his pledge brothers might have suffered unknown atrocities during Hell Week while they were pledging back in the 70's but, to this day, his pledge brothers are his best friends in the world. They were the groomsmen in his wedding and they are the godfathers of his children.

P.S. They were ATO's at UT, back when they still drank...a lot

Back when, Holy Shist, they still do. They drink like reptoids hanging out with one of the Pleitz brothers

sven
01-31-07, 01:51 AM
Why is everyone on her such a$$holes?? get over your petty differences. We all either attend Baylor or did attend Baylor, so why dont we focus on Baylor, or how much TAMU sucks, and not fight between groups. If you guys want to argue about whos the better fraternity start a new thread and leave this one alone.

SIC EM' BEARS!!!

Billie Brickie
01-31-07, 03:54 AM
Hey, at least we all agree that the Pleitz brothers are douche bags.

(um, who the hell are they again? i have no clue, nor do I care.)

If you don't liek the sing thread, may I suggest a cupcake? (http://www.karascupcakes.com/images/cupcake_03.jpg)

Billie Brickie
01-31-07, 03:55 AM
Actually I suggest this cupcake: http://www.mikedidonato.com/wp-content/cupcake8.PNG

THE CUPCAKE OF KICK ASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Billie Brickie
01-31-07, 03:57 AM
Did You Know That The Most Common Reaction To This Thread Was A Shart?

A shart is a small, unintended defecation that occurs when one relaxes the anal sphincter to fart. Shart is a portmanteau word that blends **** and fart. Shart is used both as a noun and a verb. "I sharted at the shindig over the weekend and had to skedaddle back home to reno the undies." In loose slang use, shart also occurs as a transitive verb: "I sharted my pants."

One farts too forcefully so that a small piece of excrement is expelled. It may stick to your underpants or stay lodged, caught—as it were—within the constrictive grip of contracting anal sphincters. Amateur fecologists recommend special caution when forcing flatulence, especially if one has not defecated in the last ten hours.

See more samples of the usage of shart at www.urbandictionary.com (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shart)

There is a secondary coinage in which the same form has a different meaning.

**** + art = shart

"That humongous bird statue in front of city hall is, like, total shart."

Billie Brickie
01-31-07, 03:59 AM
fyi the last time I shart my pants was after a nightmare where reptoids took over my fraternity.

F.U.P.A. Loopa
01-31-07, 10:03 AM
The last time I sharted was when an ATO and I decided to compare Balrogs. His was so tiny I just couldn't stop laughing and in turn sharted. My Balrog is huge and will make all of yours bow down and pay homage.

jaybear
01-31-07, 12:55 PM
So how long do you figure it will take to get all the sorority girls on here complaining that people found out their SING themes? I am gonna say two and half weeks

Well I would say I pretty much got it correct. Thank you everyone, I'll be here all week. :bow:

HotTamale75
01-31-07, 03:49 PM
Since this is a Sing thread....geez you bunch of losers....stay on topic....all the frats really do suck at sing besides Ksig, KOT, and ATO. I think Chamo from I love you New York should be one of the celebrity judges this year. That would be hilarious!

Excuse me, it is called I LOVE NEW YORK....not I love you new york. Geez, get it right. It is only the single best show on tv...give it the respect it deserves.
:lol: But yes, I agree it would be quite hilarious if Chamo could be a celebrity judge for sing... he would be a little more useful doing that than his pointless roll on that show.

TexasBear55
01-31-07, 04:16 PM
So back to sing....

Kappa Sig---haven't heard much other than waste management and haven't heard much about that

Pi Phi - Viva las vegas, with a little goin to the chapel in the middle

Kappa- How kids get popular at recess, songs like "popular" from wicked and some other random stuff

Tri Delt - Its a small world bugs life thing They come on stage flapping their bugs wings, and are aparently dressed in costumes based on their personalities?

Theta - Getting things hot in the kitchen cooking!

Pi Kapp- Pool hall...is there supposedly a bar in the backdrop, I don't think that's the best for Baylor

Chi Omega - Catholic Choir School Girls, I'm almost positive this exact type theme was done here not more than 6 years ago, but they probably have some of the best singing with a sister act thing goin on (joyful joyful anyone?)

Alpha chi Omega/Guest (AKA 15 delts) - Unhappily ever after or something, the boys are getting a workout on this one

ATO - definitely games, like arcade games, video games, board games etc. Lots of props I hear

SAE - british invasion I can't wait for this one, they always make me laugh til I cry

FIJI - 20s baseball, with baseball or bat props. Word is there are some logistical problems and changes being made we'll see. However i hear vocals are going to blow us away

Phi Chi - Travelers on greyhound buses

KOT - RAILROAD, the past act was like kiddie trains or something, this is manly, very different and allowable but still typical dirty kot style

KXA - pajama party

Zeta - A walk in the park, complete with kites that hang from the ceiling like the mary poppins musical

TheGreenMonster
01-31-07, 05:35 PM
hmmm...KXA pajama party??? Can you say Babysitters Club with a mix of a DJ and Kimmie (full house) act....

F.U.P.A. Loopa
01-31-07, 07:32 PM
hmmm...KXA pajama party??? Can you say Babysitters Club with a mix of a DJ and Kimmie (full house) act....

That stuff is just gross, I think they all have bigger Balrogs than me. That might be because mine is only a level 9.

HHShortney
01-31-07, 07:49 PM

I'm not sure if this one is right. A couple of my best friends are in KXA, and they said that's just a fake one to throw everyone off. They could be fooling me just to confuse me, but I'm not positive

FuzzyBUMagnet
01-31-07, 07:56 PM
SAE - british invasion I can't wait for this one, they always make me laugh til I cry

I just don't get it. They're really not that funny. It's sad really. You laugh until you cry. . . I cry until there's nothing left to do but laugh. At least they enjoy themselves. That's what really matters, anyway.

KJong
01-31-07, 10:01 PM
Sing make me want karoake. Me make act called "Boom, Pow, Soot, Soot!" Me win or me bow you up. Hoy, hoy, hoy, hoy, hoy, hoy, hoy, hoy!

Baylorbob08
02-01-07, 01:48 AM
supposedly tri delt has a prop that looks like a big pile of crap

Billie Brickie
02-01-07, 03:19 AM
I'm not sure if this one is right. A couple of my best friends are in KXA, and they said that's just a fake one to throw everyone off. They could be fooling me just to confuse me, but I'm not positive

They're lying. It's actually Bananas in Pajamas like that old school kids show.

Billie Brickie
02-01-07, 03:20 AM

Sadly, Tri-Triangle ran out of ideas and they're going with a bathroom theme somewhat akin to last year's laundry theme.

That doesn't just look like a piel of crap when it is a pile of crap my friend.

Billie Brickie
02-01-07, 03:24 AM
MURDERS OF THE YOUNG
"My children, I have warned the nations that the abomination of murders of the young must be discontinued. For measure for measure We are counting these abominations, and the punishments and chastisements shall be metered in accordance with the numbers of murders of the young. No city shall escape the just wrath of an angry God." - Jesus, June 18, 1977

GOD SAYS DO NOT MURDER THE YOUNG. SING IS MURDER. DO NOT MURDER THE YOUNG OR YOU'LL ALL GO TO HELL YOU UNWASHED UNFRATTY COLLARPOPPING HEATHENS!

Billie Brickie
02-01-07, 03:28 AM
Do not join the secret societies...

Sixth Anniversary of Our Lady's Apparition At Bayside - June 18, 1976

Veronica - The sky has a very deep red tinge. There are circlets of blue light coming through this red tinge that's becoming more of a pink color. Now the sky is opening up, and Our Lady is coming forward. The light is very brilliant.

There are many graces being given this evening. I'm certain that everyone can see the manifestation of graces coming from the sky in all directions. There are slivers of glass...like crystalline, slivers symbolic of the graces being given.

Our Lady is dressed in a flowing gown, a beautiful white gown. In the light and the colors about Her, the gown seems to be casting off a pink glow. Our Lady's feet are bare. No, as She turns I notice now there are small rosettes, a rose on the instep of Our Lady's feet, a small golden rose on each foot. Our Lady has on a blue veil, a mantle, a blue, a very pale blue that's cascading over Her shoulders.

Our Lady is looking over now to Her left, our right. Our Lady is taking Her Rosary from Her waist, extending it in front of Her, and making the sign of the Cross,

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Our Lady - "My child, I have enlarged upon the blessings being given this evening to all, on this momentous occasion of My visit to earth."

Veronica - Now Our Lady is going across the sky to our left. The graces are coming down in abundance in the form of slivers of crystalline lights. The lights are all over the sky. I'm certain there isn't a soul present who isn't aware of these lights. Our Lady now is bending forward and extending Her right arm out, with the crucifix from Her Rosary,

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Now Our Lady is going across the sky. She's standing directly above Her statue and touching Her lips with Her hand, the first finger of Her hand.

Our Lady - "All manners of aberration and evil have entered upon My Son's Church. Recognize the evil forces about you. A great delusion has been sent upon mankind, so that all who have given themselves to Satan shall run fast into the pit. Satan knows that his time is growing short, and in this manner must gather those who have given their souls to him. O My children, do not be influenced by the mockery and those who cast aside the warnings from Heaven.

"Many will sell their souls to get to the head. There are many traitors in the city of Rome. Without your prayers, many mitres shall fall into hell.

"My children, you have fallen into errors. MY Son gave you a concise, a direct plan for your salvation in His House, His Church. All manner of novelty and change must be stopped now. You will not gather souls with compromise.

Stop Now Your Meanderings

"You who call upon the Spirit forcefully command the spirit of darkness, the prince of darkness, to send his agents into you. You are treading where angels would fear to go, My children. You cannot force the Spirit to come to you. It is a gift given at the discretion of the Eternal Father. Stop now your meanderings into regions of darkness.

"Your world cries peace and brotherhood. And the more you cry peace the farther you go from peace, and why? Because you seek to find peace without your God. Man cannot send up his prayers unless they are founded on charity and a search for salvation through My Son. No man shall come to the Eternal Kingdom of the Father except through My Son.

"My child, I wish that you be seated. I know of your great trial. I cannot expect you, My child, to understand why you are permitted this cross.

"As a voice - box from Heaven, My child, you will not be free of the cross. Many victim souls are needed now throughout your world. The saints in heaven cry for vengeance upon an ungrateful mankind.

"I have traveled throughout your world with the warning from Heaven. Many have accepted and many have rejected. However, this Message shall be given to all. Man has been given a free will and shall accept or reject, and it will be his punishment if he rejects.

"The Eternal City of Rome shall go through a great convulsion. You will notice, My children, the many symbols of the noose. The noose means Judas. In the Eternal City of Rome, the forces are gathering to oust your Vicar. I cry bitter tears of remorse, for much has been given to your Vicar to suffer from those he has trusted. The red hats in the Eternal City of Rome have been given fair warning that they have set themselves onto the road to perdition. Sadly, they are taking many souls with them. The red hat has fallen and the purple hat is being misled.

"O My children, Our pastors, awaken from your slumber! You have scattered Our sheep. You must gather them now, while there is time. The children are innocent victims of their elders. The Faith must be given to them by their parents. Your children are wandering. They shall be like dead souls in a living body.

Michael Must Be Returned

"In your search for peace and brotherhood, you are building another religion, My children. It is a false religion of humanism and modernism. How many warnings were given out from hell! You Pastors, who have rejected Michael as the guardian of the faith and My Son's House, you must return him in prayer and visual sight; his monuments, his statues to My Son's House, Church.

"Pastors, you go farther from your faith. You deny the existence of the supernatural for you are building a church of man. Turn back, for you will be forced to turn back by My Son. Because of your impiety, because of your immorality, and because of your atheistic learnings, My children, your country shall enter a great crucible of suffering. Many countries of your earth shall be cleansed by trial.

"The Eternal Father will chastise those He loves. O My children, prepare now. I have given you the plan for the days ahead. Wear your sacramentals. Do not discard them for Satan wishes you to discard them. They are your armor, your protection in the battle ahead. Many of the sacramentals given by My Son to His Church have been discarded as superstition and of now value. Darkness and delusion have entered upon the hearts of many of Our Pastors. Cardinals, Bishops, awaken from your slumber!

"My child, you will keep a constant vigil of prayer. Bar your doors to all but your family and close workers. It is a sad fact, My child that there will be division within the homes of your country. Peace will not be given to mankind, until he makes atonement to a dishonored God. The saints in Heaven cry out for vengeance upon a wicked generation.

"The Eternal Father cries tears of great pity and sorrow, for mankind continues upon the road to his own destruction. Be ye warned, My children that the Ball of Redemption shall be set upon mankind. Skin will dry up and blow off the bones as if it had never been. Eyes will see and still not believe, so hard are the hearts hardened to the truth.

"Spiritual darkness is a wall, a wall that shuts out the light. You will all continue with a constant vigilance of prayer. My beads of prayer to mankind, the rosary, shall lead you across your land. Recognize; My children, all of the graces given from Heaven for your enlightenment, enrichment and fulfillment. You, My children, are children of light. Continue with perseverance in the days ahead. Do not slacken your pace but send out My Message, fast, shout it from the roof - tops. The time, time and a half, as written by your prophets grows short. It will come upon mankind, the destruction, while the voices cry for peace."

Veronica - Now Our Lady is reaching to Her waist, and She's taking into Her hand the beautiful white rosary; the white rosary that has the golden Our Father bead. Our lady is placing the crucifix out in front of Her and making the sign of the Cross,

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Do Not Join The Secret Societies

Our Lady - "I bless you all, My children, as the Eternal Father sends you His blessings with My Son and the Holy Spirit. I caution you anew, My children, do not join the secret societies of Satan. It is truly a synagogue of Satan.

"These secret societies have covered themselves with all labels of brotherhood, goodness, and unity of man. But in what respect, My children, but subversion of your faith. Discipline must be returned to My Son's House. Those who have the charge of souls, Our Hierarchy, must exercise discipline and holiness.

"You must all keep a constant vigilance of prayer for your hierarchy. Do not set yourselves to judge. For remember, the Eternal Father is always the final judge. We do not condone evil, but the Eternal Father is always the final judge."

Veronica - Our Lady now is rising higher into the sky. The wind is blowing. Our Lady looks very beautiful. The graces are still cascading down like slivers of tiny rivulets of glass. Their coming out from Our Lady's hands now. There are streams of light coming out of Our Lady's hands, just like they're, they're just coming from Her fingers. Their tremendous lights, there's no way I can explain them in my human words. They're a powerful light, and they're cutting right through the air onto the grounds and the peoples. Oh, they're just beautiful!

Our Lady is now placing both of Her hands out of Her side, but in an arc, She's moving Her hands now in an arc, like this, and the lights are pouring from Our Lady's fingers, down upon the grounds. They have a great warmth. I feel a warmth that's beyond expressing in human words. It goes far beyond earthly existence.

Now Our Lady is placing the crucifix directly in front of Her, the large golden crucifix of Her rosary and making the sign of the Cross,

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.

Our Lady - "Continue, My children, My child, with your prayers of atonement. They are sorely needed.

(there is a pause)

"You will send a note to My dear child who made the banner. It pleases your hearts very much to accept this beautiful symbol of love. It will stand with all the banners gathered for My special sacred place upon the shrine grounds.

"Yes, My child, the shrine has been built, the edifice will be erected in time. Continue now, My child, you will be directed further by My Son."

(Veronica pauses)

Veronica - There is a large, white bird, a very beautiful bird. It's going over now to our left side. It's a huge bird, covering the whole sky. Directly behind the bird, Jesus is standing. He has on a beige - colored gown that's belted about the waist. His feet are bare, He has no sandals, His feet are absolutely bare. Now, His hair is blowing quite a bit, it must be very windy. Now Jesus is coming over, directly above Our Lady's statue, and He's looking about Him. He's smiling. Jesus has a very, ah, sad, but a beautiful smile upon His face.

Jesus - "My child, there is little that I could extend glee for. I do not come to bring you a Message of doomsday, as My Mother does not come for that reason. We bring you the truth. Can We open before you a picture of joy, peace and brotherhood; when all about Us we see deception and evil, and the fast working of Satan within your hearts? O My children, I will not go into a long discourse with you of the evil aberrations and all manner of deceit that has entered into the hearts of mankind. Soul destroyers, more numerous than in the days of Sodom or the time of Noah. In that respect, My children, what kind of a stern hand shall be placed upon you, as you go fast onto the road to your own destruction.

My Mother's Rosary Is Broken

"Your country, and many nations upon earth, have given themselves to all manners of sins of the flesh. Corruption and evil so vile, that no human mind could conceive of this evil. But it has come up from the very depths of hell! I admonish as your God, all who are in My House to mend your ways. My heart is sobbing, My hands are bleeding. I long to see My creation and be filled with joy. My Mother's rosary is broken, and no one wonders why. Because too few pray. Many have discarded these heads of prayer. Thrown them away and have gone chasing after all manner of sin, for diversion.

"Sin has become a way of life in your nation and many nations upon earth. You have, with your country, the gatherers of the forces of evil. Never before in the history of mankind has man set up Babylon.

Billie Brickie
02-01-07, 03:28 AM
New York Reserved For Greatest Punishment

"Your city, New York, shall be set in reserve for a punishment far greater than shall be given to any city upon your earth. The forces of evil, fan out like a cancer polluting the world.

"Amen, I say to you, you will listen and act upon the warnings given to you throughout your world by many emissaries from Heaven. Act upon them or be destroyed. Justice, has been clouded. Many minds have been poisoned by Satan in your world. Evil, has entered upon the homes. Children are the innocent victims of their elders.

"The time, time and a half, is upon mankind and coming to its close. Have you listened and acted upon the warnings of My Mother? There will be gnashing of teeth and much woe set upon the earth by the dark forces of 666, (six sixty - six). My children, you will continue for the direction of My Mother in the days ahead. She has been sent to you as a Mediatrix, between your God and man. Listen with an open mind and an open heart. Seek and you will be given the way to the light.

"My Mother, has gathered Her children throughout your world. None shall fall unless he falls of free will. Pray a constant vigilance of prayer, My children. Keep your monuments in your homes, your statues. Wear your sacramentals for graces are needed to offset the forces of evil that are now raging to ravage the world."

Veronica - Now Jesus is placing His hand out in front of Him like this, His fingers are extended, and the three fingers pointed outward, He's making now the sign of the Cross,

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.

Now Jesus is going over to the right side. Our Lady now is coming behind Him from the first tree, She's crossing over and standing now at Jesus' right side. Jesus is extending His hand out now, He's over, directly over by our left side, next to the tall tree; and making the sign of the Cross: In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus is now bending down to Our Lady, She's just about, oh, ah, the shoulder level beneath Him. And He's saying something to Her, I can't hear it. Now they're both going, they're gliding across the sky, they don't walk, they're like carried on the wind. There's a, almost weightless, there's no way to explain it.

Our Lady now is following behind Jesus, they're going across the sky. And Jesus is bending down now. He's just above the Michael banner by the tree, and He's making the sign of the Cross: In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.

Our Lady now is touching Her lips with Her finger.

You Must Not Give Lip Service

Our Lady - "My children, when you pray, for you are rescuing your brothers and sisters, you must not use what could be termed as lip service. You must pray with purpose and feeling from the heart. Each word will be prayed slowly with understanding and reason. Like this: Our Father... who are in Heaven... hallowed by Thy Name... They kingdom come... Thy will be done... on earth... as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread... and forgive us our trespasses... as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation... but deliver us from all evil. Amen.

"Continue now, My children, with your prayers of atonement."

Veronica - Hail Mary full of grace; the Lord is with Thee; blessed are Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

My God, I believe, I adore, I trust, and I love Thee. I beg pardon for all those who do not believe, do not adore, do not trust, and do not love Thee.

We encourage everyone to print or email copies of this web page to all the Bishops and all the clergy. Also, email or send this web page to the news media and as many people as possible.

"My children, My little humble children, I appeal to you as your Mother, go forward on foot, knock on the doors; bring the light to your brothers and sisters. For those who have been given great grace, much is expected of them." - Our Lady of the Roses, May 26, 1976

"As disciples of the latter days, My children, much shall be asked of you, but I assure you: all that you give in faith and charity shall be returned to you threefold."- Jesus, June 1, 1978

My Gift to help spread Our Lady of the Roses' messages to the world.
Amount: $

| Home - Latest News (http://www.tldm.org/default.htm) | Introduction (http://www.tldm.org/misc/introduction.htm) | Bayside Prophecies (http://www.tldm.org/Bayside/) | Directives from Heaven (http://www.tldm.org/directives/directives.htm) | Order Form (http://www.tldm.org/products/OrderForm/Default.htm) | Miracles & Cures (http://www.tldm.org/testimonies/testimonies.htm) | Veronica Lueken (http://www.tldm.org/veronica/veronica.htm) | Miraculous Photos (http://www.tldm.org/photos/miraculousphotos.htm) | Bible (http://www.tldm.org/bible/bible.htm) | Radio Program (http://www.tldm.org/radio/radio.htm) |

The electronic form of this document is copyrighted.
Quotations are permissible as long as this web site is acknowledged through hyperlink to: http://www.tldm.org (http://www.tldm.org/)
Copyright © These Last Days Ministries, Inc. 1996 - 2005 All rights reserved.
P.O. Box 40 616-698-6448Lowell, MI 49331-0040
Revised: January 04, 2006

Billie Brickie
02-01-07, 03:29 AM
And There Was Great Gnashing Of Teats In The Land, Amen.

GreenNGold
02-01-07, 04:43 PM

Aka a Lambda Chi act

GreenNGold
02-01-07, 04:45 PM
Where do you get your stuff????? way off

So back to sing....

Kappa Sig---haven't heard much other than waste management and haven't heard much about that

Pi Phi - Viva las vegas, with a little goin to the chapel in the middle

Kappa- How kids get popular at recess, songs like "popular" from wicked and some other random stuff

Tri Delt - Its a small world bugs life thing They come on stage flapping their bugs wings, and are aparently dressed in costumes based on their personalities?

Theta - Getting things hot in the kitchen cooking!

Pi Kapp- Pool hall...is there supposedly a bar in the backdrop, I don't think that's the best for Baylor

Chi Omega - Catholic Choir School Girls, I'm almost positive this exact type theme was done here not more than 6 years ago, but they probably have some of the best singing with a sister act thing goin on (joyful joyful anyone?)

Alpha chi Omega/Guest (AKA 15 delts) - Unhappily ever after or something, the boys are getting a workout on this one

ATO - definitely games, like arcade games, video games, board games etc. Lots of props I hear

FIJI - 20s baseball, with baseball or bat props. Word is there are some logistical problems and changes being made we'll see. However i hear vocals are going to blow us away

Phi Chi - Travelers on greyhound buses

KOT - RAILROAD, the past act was like kiddie trains or something, this is manly, very different and allowable but still typical dirty kot style

KXA - pajama party

Zeta - A walk in the park, complete with kites that hang from the ceiling like the mary poppins musical

Yogi
02-01-07, 04:46 PM
MURDERS OF THE YOUNG
"My children, I have warned the nations that the abomination of murders of the young must be discontinued. For measure for measure We are counting these abominations, and the punishments and chastisements shall be metered in accordance with the numbers of murders of the young. No city shall escape the just wrath of an angry God." - Jesus, June 18, 1977

GOD SAYS DO NOT MURDER THE YOUNG. SING IS MURDER. DO NOT MURDER THE YOUNG OR YOU'LL ALL GO TO HELL YOU UNWASHED UNFRATTY COLLARPOPPING HEATHENS!

The first three letters of Sing are S-i-n!

HHShortney
02-02-07, 01:25 AM

Umm...so I was just kidding...

They were totally messing with me, and I fell for it. This is the correct theme or at least the right idea

Billie Brickie
02-02-07, 01:38 AM
I'm telling you hoes...it's bananas in pajamas on pancakes and the wrath of God.

Gotta throw that last one in to woo the same judges who vote for phi chi all the time of course.

Billie Brickie
02-02-07, 01:41 AM
Oh, and about God. Sing is cancelled for a game of basketball. We're gonna invite Gary Payton in to officiate because God loves Gary Payton and hates the gays and thier Singstravalesbianza:

Jock Itch

http://www.thestranger.com/images/headers/article-tools.gif

E-mail This (http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=17405#)
Link to This (http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=17405#) Copy and paste: Jock Itch" onclick="this.focus();this.select();" readonly="true" id="link_code" />

An avid Jock Itch reader recently brought to my attention that this column is "angry, unintelligible nonsense and you should quit trying to write about sports since you obviously don't know ****." Angry? Perhaps. Don't know ****? Okay. But unintelligible nonsense? My good friend, you are way out of line! And to prove it, this week I'm attempting something that usually encourages in me great heaps of diarrhea, the Reasoned Expository Essay:

It would be nice to live in a city with a winning professional basketball team, so after each game we could loot, ransack, and turn over cars in joyous celebration. Instead, Seattle basketball fans have to contend with a young team lacking maturity that will most likely continue playing like hillbilly frog-****ers until a spot in the playoffs is far out of reach. It is my contention that the Seattle SuperSonics, without Gary Payton, suck. For example, last week against the Lakers, even after Reggie Evans, bless his soul, collided with Kobe Bryant (who, as a result, will be out for another month), the Sonics still lost 99-91.

In conclusion, without Gary Payton the SuperSonics lack the leadership necessary to be competitive in the postseason.

Second, and perhaps most importantly, although I have Ansu Sesay's autograph, neither he, nor Reggie Evans, nor Vitaly Potapenko deserves love. Gary Payton does. God loves Gary Payton, and even though he left us here in Seattle, his spirit is all around us. When you're good at your job and everyone else you work with is always complaining, calling in sick, and trying to start fights, and you just sit there working hard and focusing all day and don't get any attention for it, Gary Payton is there with you. You may be famous and unbelievably rich, but you don't always get the headlines, because you work with whiners and freaks like Kobe and Shaq.

In conclusion again, I'd like to reiterate that it would be nice to have a basketball team that aroused so much passion that Seattle would erupt in joyous violence each time the team won.

So much for the crappy Reasoned Expository Essay! Stay tuned next week for the Seasoned Suppository Essay.

jockitch@thestranger.com

Billie Brickie
02-02-07, 01:42 AM
and fyi, you can find all about sing! by googling "unintelligible nonsense."

God speaks to me through that google search all the time.

Allie Holcomb
02-03-07, 07:17 PM
I'm personally just excited to see grown girls come on stage as bugs, flapping their wings if this is true. THat's going to be a riot!

BSIBear
02-03-07, 11:30 PM
To everyone who hates SING, but loves Baylor...Do you realize that Baylor pulls in around a half a million dollars on tickets alone for SING? Let me know if you have a better idea on how to get that amount of money out of alumni in two weekends. I think it is brilliant. Add in DVD's and concessions and it does not take long to pay for the new Brook's Hall.

BaylorMatrix
02-04-07, 01:47 AM
To everyone who hates SING, but loves Baylor...Do you realize that Baylor pulls in around a half a million dollars on tickets alone for SING? Let me know if you have a better idea on how to get that amount of money out of alumni in two weekends. I think it is brilliant. Add in DVD's and concessions and it does not take long to pay for the new Brook's Hall.

Just to clarify, the money from concessions and tickets doesn't go to the University... only DVDs and the like... Now Pigskin... THAT ticket sales goes back to the University.

boots09
02-04-07, 02:24 AM

you are quite possible the dumbest person alive. lets do a little math. the most expensive ticket is 18 dollars. there are approximately 2200 seats in Waco hall. lets just say for this experiment every ticket is 18 dollars. 18 times 2200 times 6 shows is $237600. so the max they could even make is that much. not even half a million dollars!!!! you are dumb...please stop posting on here. you are making a fool of yourself...please explain yourself...idiot.

BaylorMatrix
02-04-07, 02:28 AM
you are quite possible the dumbest person alive. lets do a little math. the most expensive ticket is 18 dollars. there are approximately 2200 seats in Waco hall. lets just say for this experiment every ticket is 18 dollars. 18 times 2200 times 6 shows is $237600. so the max they could even make is that much. not even half a million dollars!!!! you are dumb...please stop posting on here. you are making a fool of yourself...please explain yourself...idiot.

Actually, $20 is the most expensive... just to be fair about it. :cool:

Billie Brickie
02-04-07, 04:51 AM

seeing as "other sources" of income in the bigass pdf with the budget an expenditures only totalled 4.5% of the budget...and the fact that dorms are a completely different section of the budget than sing ticket sales, I daresay that south village and Baylor could both survive without Sing.

sing doesn't even get its own little category for revenue in that list. it's minute. tiny. miniscule. like your big flaming balrogs. c'mon, FUPAloopa, your balrogs are only big because I gave you the clap and the worts and you and I both know it.

oh, and if you want something that's funny as hell to read when youre drunk off your ass, here it is: http://www.baylor.edu/content/services/document.php/29713.pdf

Baylor ****s us in the ass for tuition...without sing, they could survive, but without students to rape and other peoples money to borrow with no means of paying it off anytime soon, bu'd be ****ed too. there be some loan collectors up in pat neff and theyt're pissed suckas. not really but that's a funnyass thought whn you're drunk as a skunk on the funk beeches.

I guess the sing attracts teh gays to Baylor, who come with money because they've gotta have cash to pay for those fabulous gay wardrobes.

I'm drunk. hi, my name is billy bricky and I'm an alcoholic. yeeeeeeha b1tches!

Billie Brickie
02-04-07, 04:56 AM
f it, man, sing's gonna die when the ****in canucks take us over:

Welcome to the General Headquarters of the Campaign for Canadian World Domination. Your future tyrants are General Claire and General Jenny. The Generals are Canadians who are taking over the world and re-designing it to suit their aims. We will accomplish this goal by:

The systematic destruction and sublimation of all opposing the Canadian reign -- and the polite, yet horrifically brutal, control of our future territories of conquest.

Infiltrating the USA and through a cleverly designed plan, destroying it, and using its resources for our own purposes.

Demonstrating to the world that Canada is the final and ultimate power.

Decontaminating the world of American influence.

Reorganizing a New World Society of Canucks to suit our kindly, peace-loving, and diabolical aims.

Happy Canada Day Aftermath All!

Celebrate by checking out our new logo and reading some thoughts from your Generals. (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/cday.html)

http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/joleaf.gifhttp://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/joleaf.gifhttp://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/joleaf.gif
http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/new.gifListen to the voice of your tyrant! Experience our Internet Audio Adventure! (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/airwaves.html) Or Would You Rather Get Right Down To The Domination?

View Our Current Territory (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/map1.html)
View Our Future Territory (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/rmap2.html)
Our expert cartographers have put this together as an indication of our eventual conquest (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/map3.html)
Our expert cartographers have re-zoned the USA for Canadian rule (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/usmap.html)

http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/canadaline.gif http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/Gordpin.gif

http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/up.gif (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/thefaq.html)Go To Our FAQ (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/thefaq.html)

Witness Our Plan As It Unfolds (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/direct.html)

Read Our Press Releases (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/war.html)

Our Prime Minister's Message To The World (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/pmspeaks.html)

Take Yourself To Our Leaders (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/team.html)

Take Yourself To The Evil Triumvirate of Villainry (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/triumvirate.html)

Signs You Might Be Too Canadian (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/signs.html)

Billy's Ghoulish Canadiana (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/billy.htm)

Sordid Goings-Ons Exposed By Sexy Spy! (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/spy2.html)

Read Our Nasty Mail (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/hate2.html)

Read Our Accolades (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/accolades.html)

Experience Our Geocities Memories (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/geocities.htm)

http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/letsgo.jpg

"After all, we fought the Yanks in 1812 and kicked them the hell out of our country -- but not with blanks."
-- Farley Mowat (1921-)

Please visit our obligatory Links Page (http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/links.htm). Wherein you will find a marvel of modern technology...a list of other people's sites. Never fear -- we have an opinion about all of them.

PEACE, ORDER, AND GOOD GOVERNMENT

http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/beavbutt.gif (antidote@golden.net)

Sign Our Guestbook (http://www.lpage.com/wgb/wgbsign.dbm?owner=TheShiro)http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/guest.gif (http://www.lpage.com/)View Our Guestbook (http://www.lpage.com/wgb/wgbview.dbm?owner=TheShiro)

http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/musket.jpg

"The US is our trading partner, our neighbour, our ally and our friend...
and sometimes we'd like to give them such a smack!"

-- Rick Mercer, "This Hour Has 22 Minutes"

Warning: This web page is a satire! What visitor # you are is classified information.

Hosted with the kind support of Proud To Be Canadian (http://www.ptbcanadian.com/)
This web site is a mirror of the original -- found at http://www.golden.net/~cmkerr/ (http://www.golden.net/%7Ecmkerr/)

Despite our judicious uses of brutal oppression, we are generous and loving tyrants. As such, we allow the use of our graphics and/or photos on other people's sites. We probably appropriated them from other sources ourselves. Well, the leaves and logo we actually came up with. The propaganda posters are stolen. One thing we do ask - realizing fully that none of this means anything in a legal sense - please do not take the name "Canadian World Domination", text, and/or ideas from our site and present them as your own. Because that would anger the Generals -- and we believe in crushing our enemies as surely as timbits accidentally left on a car seat are similarly crushed.

http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/license.gif (http://www.cilb.com/)

http://cwd.ptbcanadian.com/blueribb.gif (http://www.eff.org/blueribbon.html)

Support expression on the Internet (in a Canadian-oriented manner).

Free speech (provided we approve it first).

Billie Brickie
02-04-07, 04:57 AM
aw **** I'm gonna diea too@!

BSIBear
02-04-07, 11:59 AM

WOW!!! I am sorry I did not take the time to calculate it out for you. I did not know that precise numbers had to be given on a college message board. Especially one about SING. Next time I will be sure to report everything out to 6 decimal places just so you don't have to get on here and make a scene again.

SuzieQ17
02-04-07, 12:03 PM
Actually the pile of crap in DDD's act is an ant pile...saw it the other day being loaded into waco hall...

should be interesting!

boots09
02-04-07, 01:39 PM
WOW!!! I am sorry I did not take the time to calculate it out for you. I did not know that precise numbers had to be given on a college message board. Especially one about SING. Next time I will be sure to report everything out to 6 decimal places just so you don't have to get on here and make a scene again.

it is not necessary for you to report to 6 decimals for 2 reasons:

1. money cannot be counted past 2 decimals
2. that would be a waste of your time to even think about going to 6 decimals

FYI there is quite a big difference between half a million and a quarter million dollars. but if you are going to make ludacris claims about stuff you better make sure you are somewhat accurate.

Billie Brickie
02-04-07, 03:12 PM
http://thecouchsessions.com/articles/06-ludacris-music.jpg

if you are going to make ludacris claims

YEAAAAH BOY! I like chicken and hoes too.

It's fitting bootsy...all this **** is word of mouf anyway.

Billie Brickie
02-04-07, 03:14 PM
they be hoes in my room oh noes...Then it got to my head and Somethin' remind me I know who let 'em in, it was Bill O'Reilly."

02-05-07, 09:52 AM
Well Sing should be exciting! Everything sounds like it is running smooth. On the other hand, the only thing I have been hearing from people is how AWFUL the Theta sing chairs are.

bruiser03
02-05-07, 09:55 AM
Well Sing should be exciting! Everything sounds like it is running smooth. On the other hand, the only thing I have been hearing that is negative is how awful the Theta sing chairs are.

...and pi phi's

BSIBear
02-05-07, 01:35 PM
Lets settle this for everyone. Every fraternity is crappy except for the one that you are in. It is of course the best on campus. There, now I have covered every argument that is made on this subject. Move on people.

TheGreenMonster
02-05-07, 01:57 PM
Really GreenNGold? Really? Has ATO really been that great of an experience for you? Honestly, the gay little animosity I watch between you guys is hilarious.

Either way, leave your douchebaggery and insults for another forum.

PS- My bf showed me their set. I don't think anyone will do better this year.

c'mon now...why do you just assume that it is some ato writing that..oh, and "douchebaggery" good word...sounds dirtier when you say it that way...but its kinda gross when a girl says douche :puke: .

GreenNGold
02-05-07, 03:58 PM
Really GreenNGold? Really? Has ATO really been that great of an experience for you? Honestly, the gay little animosity I watch between you guys is hilarious.

Either way, leave your douchebaggery and insults for another forum.

PS- My bf showed me their set. I don't think anyone will do better this year.

Me an ATO or rather GayTO, I dont know if I would laugh or cry. ATO and Ramda Guy i mean Lamda Chi are about as bad as they come. Sorry but no ATO here

BULaw2010
02-05-07, 07:22 PM
Me an ATO or rather GayTO, I dont know if I would laugh or cry. ATO and Ramda Guy i mean Lamda Chi are about as bad as they come. Sorry but no ATO here

Enough with the fraternity bashing! Personally, I like ATO, but that's beside the point. If you really want to continue your petty junior-high talk about fraternities, make another board and leave this one for what it has been designed to be about - SING.

Billie Brickie
02-06-07, 06:23 PM
Enough with the fraternity bashing! Personally, I like ATO, but that's beside the point. If you really want to continue your petty junior-high talk about fraternities, make another board and leave this one for what it has been designed to be about - SING.

Sing is a competition, therefore, there will be bashing. Why the hell do you think we tell tired jokes about goat sex before the aggie game every year? It's a fvcking competition. No sh1t, sherlock. And if you cant take the heat about your act, get teh hell off the sing thread. There will be bashing. Heated opinions. Guesses that the ATO act is really abut microwaves.

And there's not a damn thing you can do about it to keep the absolute worst of the greeks from signing up for a screenname and posting asinine crap about each otehrs acts. Suck it up you big baby. Or get off the board. Theres a sock in your room that wants its daily loving. Oh, and you probably won't be able to even get into the University of Phoenix online law school just because you posted here. Law schools keep track of people like you and will deny your ass an offer merely for how retarded you are on the internet. You do realize there isn't a special law school for retards don't you? Moron.

If you cant take the heat, don't do an act about microwaves. Or something ike taht.

Billie Brickie
02-06-07, 06:25 PM
FYI, I found a pic of one of SAE's costumes today: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Keg_geschnitten.jpg/180px-Keg_geschnitten.jpg

They're gonna have dancing kegs since that's what inspires them every year anyway.

Billie Brickie
02-06-07, 06:28 PM
Another SAE costume pic: http://www.ugrub.com/images/sidebars/keglegs.gif

Billie Brickie
02-06-07, 06:31 PM
bump to the top since this is the real sing thread.

Billie Brickie
02-06-07, 07:23 PM
Oh, I found this pic of LXA in their death metal viking costumes for sing: http://home.online.no/~franholm/dimmu/pictures22/images/Dimmu%201_jpg.jpg

Apparently this doubled as their rush photo. All 6 of them are in there.

123ksig
02-07-07, 04:17 PM

Ok so Kappa's take on how to get popular....hmmmm would that include smoking tons of pole to gain peoples favor? I'm just going off of what they normally do to win people over...

Katyfan2003
02-07-07, 04:39 PM
Well of course you like ATO...you are one. But that doesn't mean the rest of us have to like getting slammed in the butthole while worshiping a picture of Andrew Ginakis.

Look who is talking... K-Sigs suck more pole than any sorority on campus. Shop at goodwill, drink common grounds, and give out 3 times as many bids as any other fraternity. Hopefully a third will accept. Oh, how does it feel that your old president was a SAE and Sigma Chi depledge? a reject leading your frat, dang, now thats depressing...

I will laugh when kappa beats you again this year... you try so hard, but the best you can do is get 3rd or 4th and then go home and drink yourselves to sleep in your closet...

Allie Holcomb
02-07-07, 04:54 PM
Oh my good gosh...survey says the above posters are either 1) 12 years old, or 2) really do care. I don't know which is worse.

tornado
02-07-07, 05:06 PM
Well of course you like ATO...you are one. But that doesn't mean the rest of us have to like getting slammed in the butthole while worshiping a picture of Andrew Ginakis.

Wow...you better watch what you say about Andrew Ginakis...you are on thin ice buddy

TrapIt4Life
02-07-07, 05:21 PM
Oh my good gosh...survey says the above posters are either 1) 12 years old, or 2) really do care. I don't know which is worse.

Exactly what went through my head. Really stupid this bickering is. If fighting on an internet forum is what Greek life at Baylor has come to...wowza. Times have changed since my day.

Billie Brickie
02-08-07, 10:02 AM

3) GDIs pretending to be Greeks.

Seriously, if they are greeks, they should be kicked out now.

meangirls
02-08-07, 10:07 PM
Look who is talking... K-Sigs suck more pole than any sorority on campus. Shop at goodwill, drink common grounds, and give out 3 times as many bids as any other fraternity. Hopefully a third will accept. Oh, how does it feel that your old president was a SAE and Sigma Chi depledge? a reject leading your frat, dang, now thats depressing...

I will laugh when kappa beats you again this year... you try so hard, but the best you can do is get 3rd or 4th and then go home and drink yourselves to sleep in your closet...

Honey, if you've EVER read a SING! thread before, you'd know 123ksig is NOT AN ACTUAL KAPPA SIGMA and you just slammed a fraternity that had absolutely nothing to do with any of those quotes.

bruiser03
02-09-07, 12:54 AM
I'm so disappointed in this thread.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
02-09-07, 12:57 AM
(_E=mc2_) = smart ass

(__?__) = dumb ass

(__*__) = tight ass

(__X__) = Off limits ass

(__O__) = SING ass

RD2 :headache:

123ksig
02-10-07, 03:39 AM
Honey, if you've EVER read a SING! thread before, you'd know 123ksig is NOT AN ACTUAL KAPPA SIGMA and you just slammed a fraternity that had absolutely nothing to do with any of those quotes.

Are you kidding me? I pledged my ass off to get in this fraternity. I didn't steal Pi Phi composites from TCU for nothing. I swear on everything that I am a Kappa Sigma...including Anthony Jackson's 12 kilos of pot, 36 bongs and 9 pipes.

Baylorbob08
02-10-07, 03:00 PM
word on the street is chi-o is pulling the God card since they haven't made pigskin the last two years

Allie Holcomb
02-10-07, 04:41 PM
word on the street is chi-o is pulling the God card since they haven't made pigskin the last two years

They are wearing long draping rags tied off with ropes and covering their heads? Or do you mean that they have been using each practice session to sit in a big circle and pray that God will let them make Pigskin?

Either way, go Chi O! :lol:

sicem530
02-10-07, 05:36 PM
Are you kidding me? I pledged my ass off to get in this fraternity. I didn't steal Pi Phi composites from TCU for nothing. I swear on everything that I am a Kappa Sigma...including Anthony Jackson's 12 kilos of pot, 36 bongs and 9 pipes.

Fraud!!! I have been to the TCU Pi Phi house many times... and they defntly do not have an issue with missing composites!!

baylorbears2006
02-10-07, 09:12 PM
can we please get back to SING?!

there's been plenty of open stages and techs for everyone to get an idea...

does anyone have any top 8 predictions?

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
02-11-07, 11:48 AM

I agree.

(__O__),

RD2 :headache:

l8toneius
02-11-07, 12:10 PM

No, no one really gives a crap.

bruiser03
02-11-07, 02:42 PM

TriDelt
Kappa
AXO
ChiO
KOT
ATO
KSig
PhiChi

....i really have no idea.

The Mad Fratter
02-11-07, 02:49 PM
TriDelt
Kappa
AXO
ChiO
KOT
ATO
KSig
PhiChi

....i really have no idea.

I've heard a few things...

Apparently Pi Kapp is supposed to be suprisingly good. The word is they are one of the funnest groups. AXO/DELT is another very fun/funny act. And KAPPA was apparently very dissapointing.

Tri-Delts is good as usual with lots of energy, but still needs a lot of cleaning. ZETA is said to be a major contender this year too.

Anyone else heard anything?

groverbabyBU
02-11-07, 02:51 PM
Anyone else heard anything?
That the madness will end in just a few short weeks.