PDA

View Full Version : IPod question

ScottS
01-13-07, 07:57 PM
Can you load MP3s onto an Ipod or does Apple have their own files you have to use?

whitetrash
01-13-07, 08:18 PM
You have to convert mp3s to AAC in iTunes, then upload them to your iPod.

90sBear
01-13-07, 08:24 PM
It's only a matter of selecting the files you want to use, for example a music folder or click and drag, and then using itunes. The files aren't changed on your computer.

BaylorSR05
01-13-07, 10:21 PM
All you have to do is put the songs into itunes and then plug in yoru ipod. It's that simple. Itunes automatically converts whatever format is in your library as it loads it onto the player. You can't even tell it is converting.

turk4037
01-14-07, 12:49 AM
I have tons of MP3's on my Ipod.

piratestef
01-14-07, 04:05 AM
I think the point of an iPod is to play mp3s, isn't it? If there's any file conversion process involved, iTunes does it automatically for you. Mostly I just drag and drop song files on my computer into my iPod in iTunes.

ScottS
01-14-07, 08:16 AM
I think the point of an iPod is to play mp3s, isn't it?

Stef,
I was thinking Apple would have created a different kind of file so you'd have to pay them for all you loaded to your Ipod.

Keyser Soze
01-14-07, 10:16 AM
Stef,
I was thinking Apple would have created a different kind of file so you'd have to pay them for all you loaded to your Ipod.

Apple has thier own file format. They convert files seamlessly.

Wave files on a CD or MP3s on your hard drive are all copied and converter at no cost.

I have replaced my multi-disc CD player with my IPod at home.

Apple does sell a great deal of media via ITunes, but you can load your own stuff at no cost all day long.

The Banterer
01-14-07, 03:17 PM
iPods will play mp3's, though the music that you buy in iTunes is AAC format. If you already have a bunch of mp3's, then they will be fine on an iPod. The only formats it won't play are WMA(Windows Media Audio, which most other major pay services use) and Ogg Vorbis(which is an open source compression standard).

ScottS
01-14-07, 03:40 PM
I will get my discs tomorrow and try to load them to the Ipod. There are also some songs I want to buy from ITunes, some VH and U2.

Sic Em Bears
01-14-07, 05:17 PM
You'll love it Scott. When you first install itunes into your computer it has an option during the install to search your HD and find all your songs so it like all apple products...super easy.

SoTexBear
01-15-07, 07:12 PM
A good friend of mine just got an ipod and is AMAZED how easy it is to use. He had all sorts of folders open on his desktop and kept looking for the ipod folder to move songs to. I showed him how to do it and he couldn't believe it. He kept asking "what else do I need to do?".

ScottS
02-02-07, 11:00 PM
Ok, I got my songs loaded. Thanks for the help. Now lets see if I can load a movie.

piratestef
02-03-07, 09:39 AM
...but would you really wanna watch it on that little screen?

Maybe take it to someone else's big screen, but really...

piratestef
02-04-07, 06:37 PM
ttt

ScottS, you need this shirt: http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details.asp?productID=456 :lol: (http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details.asp?productID=456)

BHJ
02-04-07, 07:09 PM
IPig*?

PA.

- UL