PDA

View Full Version : Best Breakfast

CLBear
01-15-07, 03:10 PM
Any nominations to the best place to get a great breakfast? Anywhere in Texas is fine for nominations.

Of course anything close to Houston would be great so that I can try them out!

I'm sure this topic has been done before but i'm too lazy to look.

PhiChi56
01-15-07, 03:19 PM
Bluebonnet in Marble Falls.

Motion to close nominations.

Yogi
01-15-07, 03:23 PM
What a fantastic idea for a thread!!!!

CLBear
01-15-07, 03:25 PM
Bluebonnet in Marble Falls.

Motion to close nominations.

What are their specialties?

Starr ChamBear
01-15-07, 03:30 PM
What are their specialties?

Breakfast foods.

PhiChi56
01-15-07, 03:36 PM
Breakfast foods.

They serve all kinds of food, but they are known for excellent down-home breakfasts as well as making and selling fresh pies. You try and go there on a Saturday or Sunday morning and the line will be out the door and into the parking lot. Holidays are even worse. I can't imagine how much money that place makes, but the food really is phenomenal.

Yogi
01-15-07, 03:56 PM
I still prefer these places:

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100190&highlight=breakfast

;)

Trader Bear
01-15-07, 10:02 PM
Otto's on Memorial.

StacyLynn624
01-16-07, 11:57 AM
Old New Braunfels Smokehouse

CammoTX
01-16-07, 11:59 AM
Le Peep on San Felipe. Shoneys on the Loop next to the Dome. Cafe Capuccino in Waco. The Westin on the Riverwalk in SA.

CLBear
01-16-07, 12:13 PM
Although their breakfast is pretty good (not out of this world), I have a nomination for best coffee. Hands down it is a place called Dosey Doe on 45 North in The Woodlands.

Their coffee is best i've ever had and I don't even like coffee. Only coffee I will ever drink is from this place. They roast their own beans and guarantee that the beans are never older than 3 days from roasting to selling/brewing. They say the big places like Starbucks and stuff have their beans for usually more than 30 days. You can get fresh brewed from them or you can buy your own beans from them.

Anyway I throw that out there because it is freaking smooth. Usually coffee has that acidic aftertaste, this place doesn't. I recommend the Roast Master's Best. The place also has a great atmosphere. The building, which is an old barn from Kentucky, was transplanted from Kentucky piece by piece and is from the 1800s. Pretty good place with an outstanding cup of coffee:

http://doseydoescoffeeshop.com/

DONNIE D
01-16-07, 01:06 PM
I knew a girl named Antilope Loin one time.

TheRadvocate
01-16-07, 02:02 PM
Otto's on Memorial.
ottos is like lankfords in that its a triple threat ... good breakfast, good burgers, pretty good BBQ (chicken fried for lankfords) ...