PDA

View Full Version : Top Movies: 2006

Max Quad
01-15-07, 03:54 PM
What were the best, and worst movies you saw at the theater this past year?

G&G Hustler
01-15-07, 04:14 PM
Best Action/Horror: The Descent (released in US last January, I think)
Best Drama: The Departed
Best Comedy: Borat

Big Disappointments in no particular order or genre: Pirates of the Caribbean, Nacho Libre, The DaVinci Code. I also seem to be the only one on the planet that didn't like MI3.

El Oso
01-15-07, 04:31 PM
Worst Movie Happy Feet

HotSauce
01-15-07, 06:00 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but most people I know say the Departed was the best film they saw this year.

piratestef
01-15-07, 07:11 PM
POTC 2 was a HUGE disappointment. Too long, too little Jack.

Allie Holcomb
01-15-07, 07:44 PM
Best Action/Horror: The Descent (released in US last January, I think)
Best Drama: The Departed
Best Comedy: Borat

Big Disappointments in no particular order or genre: Pirates of the Caribbean, Nacho Libre, The DaVinci Code. I also seem to be the only one on the planet that didn't like MI3.

Agree with your last paragraph except I fall into the category of liking MI3. I love spy type films, though, and I honestly thought it was the best of the three. I do credit a lot of that to JJ Abrams for directing it. He's had me since Felicity, then Alias and now Lost. I think he's a bit of a genius.

I feel like I missed a lot of movies this past year, so I'm not good to talk on the subject. Trying to catch up in dvds. Nacho Libre was beyond awful and I love Jack Black.

l8toneius
01-15-07, 08:28 PM
MI3, Borat, Blood Diamond, Children of Men, Flags of our Fathers, Taladega Nights

beargrad22
01-16-07, 06:19 AM
Little Miss Sunshine...also needs to thrown in this category...