PDA

View Full Version : Lady Dentist Runs over husband 4 times with her Mercedes

txkypreacherskid
07-26-02, 10:06 PM
Wife Free After Allegedly Running Over Husband
Attorney To Decide If Clara Harris Will Attend Husband's Funeral
Posted: 12:59 p.m. CDT July 26, 2002
Updated: 1:24 p.m. CDT July 26, 2002

HOUSTON -- A Houston-area dentist appeared in a Harris County courtroom Friday, accused of running over her orthodontist husband and killing him after suspecting him of having an affair.

Clara Harris, 44, walked into the Harris County Courthouse neatly dressed in a business suit for her probable cause hearing, where prosecutors explain to the court why a defendant needs to held over for trial.

Harris stood quietly in the courtroom, while prosecutors explained why she's been charged with murder.

Harris has hired George Parnham to represent her. Parnham is best known for representing Andrea Pia Yates, the mother who drowned her five children.

"I'm going to take a look at the circumstances," Parnham said. "Not only of what occurred, but also any statements made by her (and) will talk to all of the witnesses in this case.

When asked about her husband's death early Thursday, Clara Harris told News2Houston that, "It was an accident."

The incident happened shortly before 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Hilton Nasa Clear Lake, Nasa Road 1, in Nassau Bay.

Investigators said that Clara Harris confronted her husband, David Lynn Harris, in the hotel's lobby, where a fight broke out.

The argument moved to the hotel's parking lot, where Clara Harris got behind the wheel of her Mercedes-Benz and ran her husband down, leaving the car on top of his body, authorities said.

Police said that Clara Harris had long suspected her husband was cheating on her, and that her suspicions were allegedly confirmed by a private investigator.

Investigators said that David Harris' 16-year-old daughter from a previous marriage was in the car with his wife and watched him die.

The couple had two other children.

Clara Harris is free on a $30,000 bond. But as a condition of her freedom, the judge ordered her not to have any contact with the woman her husband was with that night or to come within 200 feet of the woman's home or office.

Parnham said that he will decide if Clara Harris should attend her husband's funeral.

David Harris' funeral is scheduled for Saturday at 1 p.m. at the South Park Funeral Home & Cemetery, 1310 N. Main, in Pearland.

txkypreacherskid
07-26-02, 10:10 PM
She says it was an accident. She ran over him 4 times, the last time she stopped the car on top of his dead body.:confused:

bball jones
07-27-02, 01:36 PM
Oops, now how did he get under there?

Honey I told you not to change the oil while I'm driving.

This is just terrible, now I need an alignment.

It's true, these Michelins do ride nice.

Disco Stu
07-27-02, 08:10 PM
Chick Dentist: "I blame it on the Krautmobile's quirky transmission design...who knew that R stood for Run Over. My Bad."

txkypreacherskid
07-27-02, 10:24 PM
Eye witnesses said she ran over him, then backed back over him, then ran over him again, then backed back over him again, then ran over him again, this time stopping the car on top of him. Yeah, it definitely sounds like an accident.:confused:

Wacoso
07-27-02, 11:05 PM
Her foot was stuck on the accelerator and she was only changing gears to get away.

BigPapaBearDC
07-28-02, 03:39 PM
Maybe he shouldn't have cheated on his wife.

"Until death do us part"
Well, he parted and she just helped him on the follow through.

Yogi
07-28-02, 10:33 PM
We need to institute "Mercedes control."

Maybe we can have a buy back program where everyone turns in their Mercedes for money or cool gifts...

whitetrash
07-29-02, 09:35 AM
When Mercedes are outlawed, only outlaws will have Mercedes.

txkypreacherskid
07-29-02, 10:12 AM
CORRECTAMUNDO!!:)

Michbear
07-29-02, 11:44 AM
$30,000 bond?! Why so little?

turk4037
07-29-02, 11:47 AM
Sounds like an accelerator was stuck just like on the Audi's. Where's a good Texas litigator when you need him!

txkypreacherskid
07-29-02, 01:32 PM
Good one turk!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The guy wasn't even dead by the time the ambulance got there. They had to back the car off of him. He died shortly after being taken to the hospital. Man, what's the deal with all these women killing men the last few years?