PDA

View Full Version : txky PK: Kerron Clement

Tiny Elvis
08-23-02, 01:08 AM
I've seen you mention this guy several times...he's in the Faces in the Crowd section of the August 26th SI. Sounds like he would be a great successor to Bayano Kamani in the 400 hurdles here at BU...

txkypreacherskid
08-23-02, 07:38 AM
Appreciate the headsup on the SI mention. Kerron's already a world class athlete, and he's just 16 years old. The strong track program Coach Hart has built, especially with the dominance of all the 400meters races, hopefully will be the logical choice for Kerron. He's already got an official visit lined up for a weekend soon to come up and watch one of the football games. I know he was very impressed with the new weight room and the new track facilities when he and his sister and parents visited Baylor this summer.

txkypreacherskid
08-23-02, 07:52 AM
One more thing. His sister Kristol was good friends with my daughter. They ran together on the 4x400 relay team. Kristol also runs the 800m and cross country. Kerron is one of those unusually gifted athletes, who also posseses a very strong work ethic. He took one week off this summer after competing in those three national meets, and started back training for cross country. When you meet him, you can tell he's very confident, but he's not cocky at all.