PDA

View Full Version : Should a man drive a Miata?

Ghostrider
03-13-09, 10:54 AM
Should a man drive a Miata?

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
03-13-09, 10:57 AM
A man drives what a man drives. Its up to others to explain or worry about it.

BUbacker
03-13-09, 10:59 AM
A straight man???

Ghostrider
03-13-09, 11:02 AM
A straight man???

bwahahahaaaahahaha

Ghostrider
03-13-09, 11:04 AM
Seriously, how does a grown man get in one of those cars? Do you leave your nuts at home?

Ghostrider
03-13-09, 11:23 AM
This should be a sticky at the top

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
03-13-09, 12:15 PM
Well, a really short man could drive one . . . .

MolecularBear
03-13-09, 12:33 PM
Not unless your name is Phil Knight from Kath and Kim - I love that show.

Bear Man
03-13-09, 12:34 PM
I'm not one to judge a person's masculinity by his mode of transportation, but it is my understanding that the person this poll is directed toward rides a Harley and occasionally pulls a livestock trailer behind a big-assed pickup truck.

ftblbob5
03-13-09, 12:41 PM
A straight man???
That was my first thought, I'm sorry to say. :loopy:

BUGWBBear
03-13-09, 12:43 PM
Should a man drive a Miata?

Only if you have a size 13 neck, like our CIC.

Jinx220
03-13-09, 12:46 PM
How many men in Texas can actually fit into the driver's seat of a Miata?

It definitely seems designed for people who are the same size as the average Japanese.

And it's definitely NOT a car that makes the "I suffer from penis envy" statement loud and clear.

Other than that and its name, which sounds like something a Siamese cat would drive, what makes a Miata any more effeminate than one of those little BMW sports cars?

fubar
03-13-09, 12:49 PM
Do you need a uterus to start it?

quash
03-13-09, 01:20 PM
Miatas are small but so are Mini Coopers. BFD

Would it be more manly to drive a Miata if you left the gas cap open in an attempt to mimic the mileage of a Hummer?

ScottS
03-13-09, 01:39 PM
On 1310 The Ticket in Dallas, they have a segment called gay not gay. I'll send this one in and see if they discuss it.

robby44
03-13-09, 02:04 PM
Do you need a uterus to start it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tommie
03-13-09, 02:32 PM
I'm not one to judge a person's masculinity by his mode of transportation, but it is my understanding that the person this poll is directed toward rides a Harley and occasionally pulls a livestock trailer behind a big-assed pickup truck.

And he lays pipe and is one cool mother****er.

Yoshi-4-life
03-13-09, 02:45 PM
it's a fun car to drive. turns on a dime, drives like a go kart.

with that said... you better be a pimp to pull of a Miata!

BTW, any ideas on what jet ski drives???

i'll guess a Pontiac Aztek

dad2n2
03-13-09, 02:49 PM
as long as it comes with a hummer ;)

bobo
03-13-09, 02:54 PM
as long as it comes with a hummer ;)

That still does not answer the gay/not gay question.

dad2n2
03-13-09, 02:55 PM
That still does not answer the gay/not gay question.

very nice comeback!!!

JETHRO
03-13-09, 03:45 PM
No Miata.

Also to quote Mencia:

"Show me a man with a mini cooper
and I'll show you a guy with a VERY SORE POOPER!"

GSTzman
03-13-09, 04:49 PM
"I suffer from penis envy"

Unfortunate

Wood
03-13-09, 08:31 PM
A Miata, no.

I would rock the hell out of an MG Midget, however. :D

BaylorBubbles
03-13-09, 09:19 PM
What about a yellow corvette? Please settle a bet for me :)

Wood
03-13-09, 09:42 PM
What about a yellow corvette? Please settle a bet for me :)

I already did a Gold Rush yellow Cavalier for four years so a Corvette would be fiiiiiine with me :D

Ghostrider
03-13-09, 09:52 PM
it's a fun car to drive. turns on a dime, drives like a go kart.

with that said... you better be a pimp to pull of a Miata!

BTW, any ideas on what jet ski drives???

i'll guess a Pontiac Aztek

that would be sotex

Jinx220
03-14-09, 09:31 AM
you better be a pimp to pull of a Miata!

The only pimp I ever met drove a gold Cadillac El Dorado, and it was so new it still had the plastic on the seats.

This was my first year out of Baylor, when I was working in Waco. I had found a great apartment in a bad neighborhood, but I didn't know how bad it was until I left my lights on overnight.

The next morning, my Mazda station wagon wouldn't start. I was cursing under my breath and getting out of my car to call my future husband for help when this apparition appeared in my window -- a tall, extremely skinny black man who was wearing satiny pants, a Quiana shirt (this was 1979) and, despite the fact that it was 85 degrees, a stocking cap pulled down over his ears. He had at least one gold ring on every finger, including his thumbs. He had pulled his brand new El Dorado up to the hood of my Mazda, and was holding jumper cables, which he hooked up. Then, he hollared, "See whuh she say now!" It took me a few seconds to realize that this meant I was supposed to try to start my car. Of course, it started, and then he said, "If yew nee' anuh moah help, Ah lives right cross duh street!" Even a pimp can be a good neighbor.

Jinx220
03-14-09, 09:41 AM
Unfortunate

Come on, Gesundheit, you can do better than that out-of-context cheap shot.

Ghostrider
03-14-09, 09:47 AM
The only pimp I ever met drove a gold Cadillac El Dorado, and it was so new it still had the plastic on the seats.

This was my first year out of Baylor, when I was working in Waco. I had found a great apartment in a bad neighborhood, but I didn't know how bad it was until I left my lights on overnight.

The next morning, my Mazda station wagon wouldn't start. I was cursing under my breath and getting out of my car to call my future husband for help when this apparition appeared in my window -- a tall, extremely skinny black man who was wearing satiny pants, a Quiana shirt (this was 1979) and, despite the fact that it was 85 degrees, a stocking cap pulled down over his ears. He had at least one gold ring on every finger, including his thumbs. He had pulled his brand new El Dorado up to the hood of my Mazda, and was holding jumper cables, which he hooked up. Then, he hollared, "See whuh she say now!" It took me a few seconds to realize that this meant I was supposed to try to start my car. Of course, it started, and then he said, "If yew nee' anuh moah help, Ah lives right cross duh street!" Even a pimp can be a good neighbor.

bwhahah....loved your spelling of his words....took me right there...lol

Jinx220
03-14-09, 10:02 AM
bwhahah....loved your spelling of his words....took me right there...lol

His car was a whole lot nicer than my wrecked old Mazda wagon.

dad2n2
03-14-09, 11:04 AM

you sure it wasnt Kid Dynomite from Good TImes?

Forest Bueller
03-14-09, 11:09 AM
Not humanly possible for me to get in a miata.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
03-14-09, 04:33 PM
Not humanly possible for me to get in a miata.
I am 5'11 and go about 230.

sonuvabear
03-14-09, 06:58 PM
Miatas make good entry-level SCCA race cars, but as for a commuter, yeah, kinda gay.

ninjacoco
03-14-09, 10:37 PM
Drive what makes you happy. If that's a Miata, you've probably got bigger balls than some of the dudes with so-called "manly" cars who are worried about driving a chickmobile. Overall, it's a pretty girly car. Wouldn't be my choice if I went for a convertible, but if you like it...drive it.

As for yellow anything...ew. I give Baylor folks a pass on this, but if you're not trying to mimic the Gold Rush thing, you have NO excuse. Why ruin a good Corvette?!

But again...if you like yellow...

{ shudders }

(I mean, if you want to ruin a good Corvette, shoot...I'll prolly find a way to wreck it for ya. BOOM! </michaelbay>)

Yoshi-4-life
03-15-09, 02:07 PM
No Miata.

Also to quote Mencia:

"Show me a man with a mini cooper
and I'll show you a guy with a VERY SORE POOPER!"

hahah very funny. i have 2 friends that i just went to the auto show with. They are big into cars.

their rides? Miata and a Mini Cooper

hhahahaha but they are short, asian dudes who are happy with their rides

Plus, they both drive stick. Add man points

I'm currently loving my 2002 Maxima 6 speed. love her !

Jinx220
03-15-09, 03:29 PM

My husband is 6'5" and weighs about 260. The last time we came to Texas, I got an upgrade through my employer and rented a big fat Lincoln. He absolutely loved it, and I realized we had become our parents. Still, all that room made him so happy I may encourage him to get a big fat old Ford if we wants when our kids graduate from college.

deltbear
03-16-09, 01:41 PM
I had an accounting teacher who would rave on and on about his Miata and the Miata rallies held in Kerrville in the summer or something. He would walk into class every day, even when it was storming and say "Ahhh, what a splendid day for managerial accounting" while taking a sip of coffee. The guy sucked.

trey3216
03-16-09, 02:05 PM
perhaps Osoprimo should drive a miata, read this thread...

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167152

billytheskink
03-16-09, 03:06 PM
I typically have this image in my head of the Miata as a nice entry-level SCCA racer, so seeing a man driving one doesn't seem strange at all to me.

Seeing a man drive a Volkswagen New Beetle, on the other hand...
Actually can't say I've ever seen that.

BHJ
03-16-09, 10:57 PM
I am 5'10 and go about 240.

isn't that what they refer to as 'portly'?

pls advise.

- coco

PacificBear
03-17-09, 10:44 AM
They look good on the track.
It is not a car I see chicks driving either?
Maybe some people aren't man enough to drive one?

mav
03-17-09, 11:40 AM
Other than that and its name, which sounds like something a Siamese cat would drive, what makes a Miata any more effeminate than one of those little BMW sports cars?

Frankly, I've never found the Z-3 or Z-4 to be all that manly for that exact reason.

JETHRO
03-17-09, 01:20 PM
ninjacoco,

Drive what makes you happy? C'mon, admit it, if some guy came to pick you up driving a Miata, you'd be having your friend call your cell phone with the emergency that allows you to leave...in a cab...not the Miata. :lol:

Yoshi-4-life
03-17-09, 02:30 PM
I had an accounting teacher who would rave on and on about his Miata and the Miata rallies held in Kerrville in the summer or something. He would walk into class every day, even when it was storming and say "Ahhh, what a splendid day for managerial accounting" while taking a sip of coffee. The guy sucked.

dude... that's the most personality i've ever heard of from an Accounting teacher. at least he doesn't sound like a robot like my acc teachers.

Yoshi-4-life
03-17-09, 02:38 PM
Frankly, I've never found the Z-3 or Z-4 to be all that manly for that exact reason.

oh dude, forget manly, those things look like they'd be a blast to drive around some curvy mtn. roads. ESPECIALLY the crack head "M" version, that's fast as hell. not saying i'd buy one as a daily driver, but for a weekend or fun rental! sweetness

ninjacoco,

Drive what makes you happy? C'mon, admit it, if some guy came to pick you up driving a Miata, you'd be having your friend call your cell phone with the emergency that allows you to leave...in a cab...not the Miata. :lol:

what the.... what kind of materialistic, image only chic do u think ninjacoco is? she's got a pic of a pizza with corndogs as the topping! awesomeness!

JETHRO
03-17-09, 02:58 PM
I'm saying that even she has her limits?

Actually, they'd probably go out and have a good time. They'd go to the spa followed by the next "Sex in the City" movie.

ninjacoco
03-18-09, 12:02 AM
:lol: Haysoos!

Corvette rallies = not bad. Miata rallies = WTF?!

What does he do with it, rice it out?!

ninjacoco
03-18-09, 12:16 AM
ninjacoco,

{ shrugs }

One of my guy friends actually drove a Miata for a while...but then again, we always joked around that he was kind of a metro. Still, it was a lot of car for the $$$. You get a pass when you're in college on stuff like that, IMHO. deltbear's accounting teacher kinda raises an eyebrow, but, hey, whatever. Ain't my car.

That dude's Miata was actually a fun little car, but again, the looks just don't do anything for me. Too roundy. If I wanted roundy, I'd get a gottdanged Bug.

Ghostrider
02-25-10, 09:55 PM
lol

marco
02-25-10, 10:03 PM
That's is weird **** right there my little monkey fluffing friend.

ninjacoco
02-26-10, 03:05 AM
The more Ghostski Limbaugh hates on the Miata, the more I actually like it.

(That and they look like quite fun little cars.)

Edmond Bear
02-26-10, 05:44 AM

I've worked with a guy who was 6'5" and a good three and a half bills who commuted in a Miata more than two hours a day.....course when he sat in it, he looked over the windshield....

That car really made him happy.

Ghostrider
02-26-10, 05:44 AM
bwhahahahahhaha...no prob for a woman to drive, although you may have a hard time getting in 1

Moze
02-26-10, 07:59 AM
Only if he's over 50 and gay.

GolemII
02-26-10, 08:20 AM
Only if he's over 50 and gay.
What color is your Miata?

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
02-26-10, 10:31 AM
I am on my 2nd Miata, both red. I will probably be getting another one soon. I drive a ford F-150, Dynaglide, Miata, 2 quarter horses and a haflinger.

When I was in high school I bought a Triumph Spitfire in 4 boxes. Put it together and drove it for 2 years. Once my kids grew up I went and got the closest thing I could find.

Unlike our little monkey fluffer poster I am very secure in my manhood and dont try to buy expensive pens, cameras, jewelry or cars to make up for my inadequate equipment.

quash
02-26-10, 10:58 AM
Had to google haflinger: that's a good looking horse. Hope you enjoy all your rides.

happyrebel
02-26-10, 11:17 AM
He enjoys everything he rides...and looks good doing it..:naughty

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
02-26-10, 11:48 AM
Had to google haflinger: that's a good looking horse. Hope you enjoy all your rides.

Thanks

She is a great horse. Head of a princess and butt of a peasant. They are the only horse breed that is longer than they are tall. They are considered light draft horses, but have been entered in both jumping and endurance races here in the US. I just use her to check fences.

Ghostrider
02-26-10, 03:04 PM
I am on my 2nd Miata, both red. I will probably be getting another one soon. I drive a ford F-150, Dynaglide, Miata, 2 quarter horses and a haflinger.

When I was in high school I bought a Triumph Spitfire in 4 boxes. Put it together and drove it for 2 years. Once my kids grew up I went and got the closest thing I could find.

Unlike our little monkey fluffer poster I am very secure in my manhood and dont try to buy expensive pens, cameras, jewelry or cars to make up for my inadequate equipment.

You might be secure in yourself, but you sure do look like a queer to everyone else

Forest Bueller
02-26-10, 03:41 PM
I still say I can't fit the thing, with shoes I'm 6'4" and unfortunately 3 bills as another poster put it.

Thing that makes it impossible is long legs especially from foot to knee.

Have to put the seat all the way back and the tilt steering wheel to the very top even in a crown vic to fit my knees in.

happyrebel
02-26-10, 10:33 PM
You might be secure in yourself, but you sure do look like a queer to everyone elseNot everyone..just the narrow minded...

marco
02-26-10, 10:46 PM
You might be secure in yourself, but you sure do look like a queer to everyone else

Who is and who isn't is probably a requisite talent if one is gay, and you seem to have the eye Goatrider.

marco
02-27-10, 06:46 PM
Waiting...

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
02-28-10, 09:03 AM

I have met many posters on this board and you are the only one that wishes I was gay.

quash
02-28-10, 09:52 AM
I have met many posters on this board and you are the only one that wishes I was gay.
He just wants to ride in your Miata.

tommie
03-01-10, 10:56 AM
He just wants to ride in your Miata.

And meet you at a glory hole.

Ghostrider
03-02-10, 10:30 PM
Looks like the consensus is that no guy should drive a Miata....lol

marco
03-03-10, 09:52 PM
Who is and who isn't is probably a requisite talent if one is gay, and you seem to have the eye Goatrider.

Looks like the consensus is that I should drive a Miata....lol

Hold your cards, we have a bingo!!!

Ghostrider
03-03-10, 09:54 PM
I own you donkey fluffer

West_Coast_Bear
03-03-10, 09:57 PM
Looks like the consensus is that no guy should drive a Miata....lol

Thread was "Should a MAN drive...." so how would you have any perspective?

marco
03-03-10, 09:58 PM
If rep points vs. posts are the local currency, I think you're wrong little fella.

West_Coast_Bear
03-03-10, 09:58 PM
Looks like the consensus is that no GUY should drive a Miata....lol

Still doesn't pertain to you.

Ghostrider
03-03-10, 10:06 PM
Thread was "Should a MAN drive...." so how would you have any perspective?

True, we should ask your wife

Ghostrider
03-03-10, 10:07 PM
If rep points vs. posts are the local currency, I think you're wrong little fella.

My little fella is bigger than you donkey fluffer....

marco
03-05-10, 04:44 PM
That's one fine avatar your sportin' there. One chucklehead carrying the others water.

Shakesbear
03-05-10, 05:30 PM
How about a Datsun 2000, mgb, spitfire, triumph? What about a pink hummer?

marco
03-05-10, 05:46 PM
Datsun 2000, man, them was the days! I was going to buy a TR5 as my first car and my dad talked me out of it. I ended up with a '70 Maverick.

Shakesbear
03-05-10, 05:50 PM
Nice Pic!!

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
03-05-10, 10:54 PM
How about a Datsun 2000, mgb, spitfire, triumph? What about a pink hummer?

I drove a '74 Triumph Spitfire in high school. I was the only guy in school that could bench press the rear axle of their car. Ther transversal spring in the back made sliding around a corner a blast. It was a fun car.

I rebuilt a TR6 in high school as one of my shop projects.

I have had a lot of hummers in my life. I am confused about what difference pink makes.

marco
03-05-10, 11:23 PM
Funny thing, the guy that had the Triumph I WANTED to buy (thanks dad...) lived right off the Baylor campus. He was an old guy, he had tweaked the car a bit, in his words "she's got a lot of moxie!". I went to Reicher and two of my classmates had sports cars, one had a 240Z and the other an MGB. Do you baby the miata or drive it hard occasionally? The little drive thru Cameron Park from Herring to Park Lake can be quite invigorating.
I didn't know hummers came in different colors...

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
03-06-10, 05:33 AM
I drove the first miata pretty hard the first couple of months. I spent a lot of time taking the two lane back roads trying to double the speed limit around corners. Wore out the first set of tires at 20,000 miles. After that I slowed down and drove more conservatively.

The car is fun to drive and reminded me a lot of the Spitfire I drove in high school. At the time I was single and tired of dates asking to bring a kid along. The lack of a back seat solved that problem. Miata makes a durable car. I drove the first two I had well over 100,000 miles.

quash
03-06-10, 08:03 AM
Funny thing, the guy that had the Triumph I WANTED to buy (thanks dad...) lived right off the Baylor campus. He was an old guy, he had tweaked the car a bit, in his words "she's got a lot of moxie!". I went to Reicher and two of my classmates had sports cars, one had a 240Z and the other an MGB. Do you baby the miata or drive it hard occasionally? The little drive thru Cameron Park from Herring to Park Lake can be quite invigorating.
I didn't know hummers came in different colors...

Guy at BU in the mid to late 70s with a green Triumph with gold striping.

Jinx220
03-06-10, 11:36 AM
I drove a '74 Triumph Spitfire in high school. I was the only guy in school that could bench press the rear axle of their car. Ther transversal spring in the back made sliding around a corner a blast. It was a fun car.

I rebuilt a TR6 in high school as one of my shop projects.

I have had a lot of hummers in my life. I am confused about what difference pink makes.

I tried to buy a blue convertible Triumph Spitfire from a friend who lived in an apartment across the street from mine in college. Paul was asking $600, but he wouldn't sell it to me. He told me it was so temperamental that it needed to go to someone who had the time and skills to work on it all the time - and indeed, he did seem to spend an inordinate amount of time fiddling with it. Was yours that temperamental?

robertr18
03-07-10, 04:28 PM
Not with the top down and the toupee not properly glued!!

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
03-08-10, 08:52 AM
Paul was doing you a favor. Spitfires were hard to keep running. The Lucas electronics are screwed and the verticle carb required constant adjustment. The three U joints in the rear had to be tightened once a week or they wuld break the bolts leaving you stranded. I sold mine to my brother and he didnt check the oil and blew the engine. He parted it out for more than I sold it to him so I didnt feel bad.

Yogi
03-08-10, 02:08 PM
Only if he is married.

Marriage allows any man the privilege of doing anything remotely homosexual.

Think about it: how many married men have made beds with dust ruffles and seven pillows? Now, compare that with single guys.

How many married men can be caught at a shopping mall during football season? Now, compare that with single guys.

See how that works?

http://natebloch.com/

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
03-08-10, 03:09 PM
Real men dont worry about what metros think.

marco
03-08-10, 03:12 PM
Real men dont worry about what metros think.

Geo Metros?

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
03-08-10, 03:26 PM
http://www.wordspy.com/words/metrosexual.asp

xiledinok
03-10-10, 03:36 PM
I was flipped off by some ugly middle aged lady when her and her man were sporting a red Miata down the freeway this past summer.
I got a good laugh. They had some major penis envy.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
03-11-10, 10:25 AM
I havent been through OK in three years and dont have time for ugly women so I plead innocent.

You sure it was penis envy and not your driving?

BHJ
03-11-10, 11:06 AM
I havent been through OK in three years and dont have time for ugly women so I plead innocent.

You sure it was penis envy and not your driving?

keep it up, pale face, and you'll wake staked to an injun burial ground, with piano warrr wraped around your 'brain' and a comely buck nekkid squaw doing a dance right over you.

- coco's uncle