PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Derby Predictions

CammoTX
05-07-05, 02:23 PM
Post time is only a couple of hours away. Lets hear some predictions.

Lonnie75
05-07-05, 02:49 PM
Bandini to WIN
High Fly to PLACE
Bellamy Road to SHOW
Afleet Alex in 4th

GuacaMyMole
05-07-05, 03:46 PM
I'm ranching on Afleet Alex.
Bandini-Place
Bellamy Road-Show
Sun King for the Superfecta

txkypreacherskid
05-07-05, 03:53 PM
Afleet Alex
High Fly
Bellamy Road

Lonnie75
05-07-05, 04:37 PM
WOW...a $2 Superfecta pays $1,728,000 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

txkypreacherskid
05-07-05, 04:43 PM
Giacomo wins in a huge upset! :supereek:

caesarscott
05-07-05, 04:46 PM
i'm glad steinbrenner lost. i'm also glad that dope Nick Zito and his 5 horses all lost. as for the rest, i dont care.

horse racing is long since done in America. we only care about it 2 times a year (today and at the preakness). you can add one more time if the same horse wins the preakness, but if not its back to baseball or pining for football season to begin.

tbear34
05-07-05, 05:00 PM
i'm glad steinbrenner lost. i'm also glad that dope Nick Zito and his 5 horses all lost. as for the rest, i dont care.

horse racing is long since done in America. we only care about it 2 times a year (today and at the preakness). you can add one more time if the same horse wins the preakness, but if not its back to baseball or pining for football season to begin.

For a highly influencial and significant segment of America, not only is Horse Racing not done, it is growing by leaps and bounds year after year.

My bet is that more people attend Horse Racing year around than all football games combined.

Chili Mac
05-07-05, 05:59 PM
I predict Giacamo will win by a nose. It's a long shot, but it could happen.

Barely a prof
05-07-05, 06:19 PM
Some fools made a lot of money on that longshot. And some fools lost a lot of money by declaring this a 4-5 horse race, thus box betting was almost a sure thing.

As for me. I don't bet much when I go to Grand Prairie, but had I been there today, Iwoudl have lost whatever I bet. I had Bellamy Road only 3rd, but that's because I always like to put a horse in the 3rd or 4th place of post-time odds at #1 just to make money.

You never make any money betting a heavy favorite.

But man a $10 or #20 bet on that late-running mafia-named, 50-1 odds longshot would have been fun. Second largest odds longshot in derby history to win.

GuacaMyMole
05-07-05, 06:25 PM
Of course there is always the 'if only' but even the trifecta paid $133,000. You have to think that some guy or a wife that picked the horses by their name/color hit the trifecta or superfecta and walked away $1.7 million richer- off a blooming $2 bet!

Talk about a good day at the tracks........

Bigshot628
05-07-05, 06:45 PM
Ok I'm not familiar with horse racing or betting for that matter. Explain this trifecta or superfecta and getting 1.7 mil off of two bucks.

caesarscott
05-07-05, 06:57 PM
Ok I'm not familiar with horse racing or betting for that matter. Explain this trifecta or superfecta and getting 1.7 mil off of two bucks.i think the trifecta is picking the horses that run 1st, 2nd and 3rd. superfecta is adding in the 4th. you may get credit for getting some but not all right. i'm not 100% sure.

Bigshot628
05-07-05, 07:06 PM
Wow, that would be amazing to pick that... has it ever happened?

Lonnie75
05-07-05, 07:06 PM
On a trifecta and superfecta you have to get them all in order. Same goes for an Exacta which is the 1st two in order. The only bet where you don't have to get the horses in order is a quinella which you just pick the top 2. It however pays less then betting an exacta.

caesarscott
05-07-05, 07:20 PM
Wow, that would be amazing to pick that... has it ever happened?i'm sure it has. i think visa had a promotion where you picked all the horses and you got $5million, but i imagine you'd be better off just betting that way (if they let you)

Aray
05-07-05, 08:57 PM
i think the trifecta is picking the horses that run 1st, 2nd and 3rd. superfecta is adding in the 4th. you may get credit for getting some but not all right. i'm not 100% sure.

You can also box it, which means you pay more for the trifecta and superfecta but the order can be whatever as long as those four place.

I placed my bets last night at Lone Star in Grand Prarie. Threw down several $2 exacto box and superfecta but alas the longshots had their day. Hopefully there will be better luck in the Belmont.

tbear34
05-07-05, 09:54 PM
See, I told you Horse Racing was insanely popular.

So, I'm going to be gracious and give you an excellent tip!

"Afleet Alex" will win the Preakness. No Triple Crown this year.

Remember that you heard it from me first.

Go ahead and place your bets! Two weeks, on May 21st. :flash:

Aray
05-07-05, 11:15 PM
See, I told you Horse Racing was insanely popular.

So, I'm going to be gracious and give you an excellent tip!

"Afleet Alex" will win the Preakness. No Triple Crown this year.

Remember that you heard it from me first.

Go ahead and place your bets! Two weeks, on May 21st. :flash:

Tbear my buddie had Afleet to show and made some change. You're right I like Afleet Alex in the Preakness.