PDA

View Full Version : Great quote from Lakadron Ivery (2nd in long jump)

GarlandBear84
05-14-05, 09:36 PM
The article with today's results is on the official BU site, but I loved this quote:

"It was remarkable to not jump all season and just pop one," Ivery said. "It was more than remarkable, it was a blessing and all victory and glory go to God. When I jump, I don't go for a certain mark, I just jump for victory and for joy. I just stayed relaxed, because now is not the time to focus. Last week was the time to focus, this week is the time to perform."

She got 2nd place with the 2nd best jump in school history! Holliness got 5th.

GarlandBear84
05-14-05, 09:57 PM
It's ridiculous that we had no men running the 100 or 200 prelims today and only one in the 800 (Fitts qualified for the finals). Braelon Davis and the Jamen Saziru aren't running this semester and that hurts.

tbear34
05-14-05, 10:08 PM
The article with today's results is on the official BU site, but I loved this quote:

"It was remarkable to not jump all season and just pop one," Ivery said. "It was more than remarkable, it was a blessing and all victory and glory go to God. When I jump, I don't go for a certain mark, I just jump for victory and for joy. I just stayed relaxed, because now is not the time to focus. Last week was the time to focus, this week is the time to perform."

For someone to do what she did, is almost unheard of at this level.

Great job Lakadron.

tbear34
05-14-05, 10:09 PM
It's ridiculous that we had no men running the 100 or 200 prelims today and only one in the 800 (Fitts qualified for the finals). Braelon Davis and the Jamen Saziru aren't running this semester and that hurts.

It seems to me that there are a lot of empty spots in our team this year. Sad.

txkypreacherskid
05-15-05, 07:07 AM
Outstanding athlete who understands who gave her, her athletic ability. Lakadron is a class act on and off the track. :bow: :flash: :flash:

sic'emchops
05-15-05, 04:39 PM
davis tore his ACL in spring football practice...probably a pretty good reason why he's not running

GarlandBear84
05-15-05, 05:46 PM
davis tore his ACL in spring football practice...probably a pretty good reason why he's not running

He was academically ineligible long before his knee injury.

Preyst
05-15-05, 08:50 PM

And this has to do what with LaKadron?

I guess the glass is always half empty around here...

GarlandBear84
05-15-05, 09:28 PM
And this has to do what with LaKadron?

I guess the glass is always half empty around here...

Half empty? Our men placed 11th out of 12. That's about as empty as it gets. The only positives for them were the wins by Darold and the 4x400.

Preyst
05-16-05, 07:39 PM
Half empty? Our men placed 11th out of 12. That's about as empty as it gets. The only positives for them were the wins by Darold and the 4x400.

And again...what does our men's program have to do with LaKadron's quote? Comprende?