PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Men's Tennis Tourney: "Battle of the Brazos!"

StatMan
05-16-05, 03:13 AM
The #1 seeded (and nationally ranked) Baylor Bears (30-0 overall) will play (and defeat again) the #16 seeded Texas A&M Aggies in College Station in the 3rd Round of the 2005 NCAA Division-I Men's Tennis Tournament. There will be a very vocal crowd, but Baylor fans will be making the most noise, as the Bears whip the Aggies once again. Baylor is the defending NCAA tennis champions, and will move one win closer to a repeat title. SIC 'EM BEARS! :cool:

Pigeon
05-16-05, 07:19 AM
I'm sure the international community will be following this with great interest.

Wacoso
05-16-05, 08:26 AM
Delete this post you kiss of death.

Starr ChamBear
05-16-05, 10:34 AM
Rock and Knoll, man! Rock and Knoll.

Aggie86
05-17-05, 09:01 AM
Isn't " very vocal crowd" and "tennis match" an oxymoron. I'm sorry, tennis should not be mentioned on the same board as football and baseball. School preferences aside, It just isn't right.

El Oso
05-17-05, 09:20 AM
STats--as often as your predictions have jinxed your teams--Houston Astros, Houston Rockets, Baylor women v Nebraska--why dont you take the rest of baseball and tennis season off

BUWebguy
05-17-05, 09:51 AM
Isn't " very vocal crowd" and "tennis match" an oxymoron. I'm sorry, tennis should not be mentioned on the same board as football and baseball. School preferences aside, It just isn't right.

Ever been to a college tennis match with a good crowd (like this one will be)? It's no football game -- not much is -- but the crowds definitely qualify as "very vocal." It's a far cry from professional tennis' "hush-hush" atmosphere.

Aggie86
05-17-05, 02:23 PM
Ever been to a college tennis match with a good crowd (like this one will be)? It's no football game -- not much is -- but the crowds definitely qualify as "very vocal." It's a far cry from professional tennis' "hush-hush" atmosphere.

Sorry BUWebGuy, No offence ment but I cannot bring myself to do it.

Pale Rider
05-17-05, 04:52 PM

Ever been to a Davis Cup Match in a foreign country. Its almost like a soccer match; extremely vocal; and sometimes downright hostile.

It is also tremendously exciting. However, one has to love and appreciate the sport of tennis in order to realize the joy, pleasure and exuberance of the experience.

Sic'em Bears! Beat the aggies......................Bad!

Aggie86
05-18-05, 09:28 AM
Ever been to a Davis Cup Match in a foreign country. Its almost like a soccer match; extremely vocal; and sometimes downright hostile.

It is also tremendously exciting. However, one has to love and appreciate the sport of tennis in order to realize the joy, pleasure and exuberance of the experience.

Sic'em Bears! Beat the aggies......................Bad!

Nr., ist es "Sic'em Bären! Schlagen Sie die aggies......................Bad!"

Pigeon
05-18-05, 10:45 AM

That's an instant classic. :lol:

ChipOC
05-18-05, 11:34 AM
That is funny Aggie86!

Pale Rider
05-18-05, 12:39 PM

Very very funny. I am laughing out loud! :lol: :lol: :lol: