PDA

View Full Version : Softball signee from Keller .07 ERA

ScottS
05-17-05, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know about the signee from Keller? The FW paper had a little blurb and it said she commited to Baylor. It also said she had a .07 ERA.

Yogi
05-17-05, 09:24 PM
AWESOME!!!!!

Yeah, I think this was the girl featured on High School Spotlight.

But isn't she a just a junior?

They have a sophomore baseball pitcher who is also undefeated.

spooky
05-17-05, 10:46 PM
I saw Kirsten pitch earlier this year and she is indeed a force. Scott, and others in the area, if Keller and Carroll both win this weekend, they will face off in the regional finals. Jessie Patrick is the ace pitcher for Carroll, and she is also a Baylor commit. I'm sure they would play in the area, so it would be a good chance to get a sneak preview of our pitching future, plus a great game.

Keller, Shortridge almost perfect twice

11:50 PM CDT on Friday, May 13, 2005

By ROB HARMON / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News

ARLINGTON Kirsten Shortridge followed a perfect game with a one-hitter as Keller swept Irving Nimitz with a pair of 5-0 wins in a regional quarterfinal series Friday at the Workman Softball Complex.

JOHN F. RHODES/DMN
Keller's Kirsten Shortridge pitched a perfect game and a one-hitter against Irving Nimitz. Keller (31-2), No. 1 in SportsDay's final Class 5A rankings, advances to play Midland Lee in the Region I semifinal next week. Nimitz finishes 19-9-3.

Shortridge (31-2) upped her no-hitter count to 10 and shutout total to 22. Despite the two shutouts and her second perfect game, her earned run average remained at 0.07. She struck out 19 and walked none in two games.

Has Shortridge ever thrown two no-hitters in the same day? "Maybe in a select [summer] tournament," she said. "Not in high school.

"The defense was awesome tonight, which helps me stay on my game."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/v3/05-14-2005.NS_14Keller.G4U1JH74K.1.jpg

Softball player of the week: Kirsten Shortridge

01:40 PM CDT on Monday, May 16, 2005

By MONIQUE WALKER / The Dallas Morning News

What she did: On Friday, Shortridge threw a perfect game and a one-hitter against Irving Nimitz to lead Keller to a sweep of the Class 5A Region I quarterfinal series. Shortridge struck out 19 of 44 batters and did not allow a run.

Kirsten Shortridge Who is she? Shortridge is a junior pitcher who transferred to Keller, No. 1 in SportsDay's Class 5A area rankings, from Birdville last year. She considers the drop curveball to be her best pitch. She also is an offensive threat and has speed. She orally committed to Baylor earlier this year.

The stats: She is 30-2 with a 0.07 ERA and 391 strikeouts. She leads Keller in several offensive categories, including a .395 batting average and 32 stolen bases.

She said it: "I'm very thankful that I could be a part of a team that is so amazing all the way around. This has been a great experience not just for softball but for the life lessons the coaches have taught us."

Coach Moe Fritz said it: "She is a phenomenal player and leader. ... She has the desire to take on anybody that steps in the batter's box. She's so competitive that she's going to win the challenge most of the time."

Did you know? Shortridge is a right-handed pitcher, but she bats left-handed. ... She has two brothers and two sisters. ... She enjoys working with children. ... Her favorite movies are A League of Their Own and Friday Night Lights. ... If she had extra time, she said she would take a hip-hop dance class.

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/img/05-05/0516spow.jpg

Snow Bear
05-17-05, 11:28 PM
Whoah, is that a picture of the softball signee at the bottom of the article?

Wacoso
05-17-05, 11:51 PM
Hello.

oakley
05-18-05, 12:32 AM
I cannot imagine we are already taking juniors in h.s.(a full season remaining after this year) but she does sound great

Fozzy Bear
05-18-05, 03:13 PM
We already have two commitments from the class of 2006: Kirsten Shortridge and Jessie Patrick. Both of them are great pitchers that can also hit. I've already posted a ton on Jessie but I'll put in my two cents on Kirsten.

Kirsten Shortridge is a righty power pitcher whose primary out pitch is her wicked dropball. She currently pitches in the 65-67 mph range and should add some more velocity in the next few years. She is an extremely strong competitor that will go right after hitters. I would rank her as the #1 Texas pitcher in the '06 class and in the national top 5. As a batter, she is really a switch hitter that is batting primary lefty for Keller to utilize her speed. Kirsten is extremely quick down the base path and has very good bat control. In order for her to fit into Baylor's system, she will need to add an rbi swing from the left side and add a little more speed from home to first.

atownstudent
05-18-05, 03:24 PM
Hmmm......here's a thought:

maybe she can marry Josh Lomers and they could have like super freak children!!! Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself......(*no one take this post seriously like I know about 20 people will)

sic'emchops
05-18-05, 04:08 PM
maybe we can at least introduce josh and her in hopes that her looks would help bring his game to our bball program...just a thought...

ScottS
05-20-05, 11:26 AM
You need to recruit juniors now because they can sign in November.