PDA

View Full Version : NCAA title match: Baylor vs UCLA once again!

StatMan
05-23-05, 08:03 PM
For the 2nd consecutive year, Baylor and UCLA will battle for the NCAA men's tennis national championship. Baylor defeated UCLA, 4-0, last year in Tulsa for Baylor University's 1st national title, and now look to repeat the accomplishment this year at College Station, while giving Baylor its 3rd NCAA team national championship. BAYLOR MEN'S TENNIS: 57-MATCH WINNING STREAK, AND STILL UNBEATABLE IN 2005! :D

Yogi
05-23-05, 08:11 PM
Stat, did you not learn your lesson this past weekend?

Trader Bear
05-23-05, 10:35 PM
I am thinking of going, but at 6, the sun will be up and it will still be hot. I might get heat stroke or a sunburn.

El Oso
05-23-05, 11:07 PM
I pretty sure we all asked you to keep your freakin mouth shut until baseball, softball and tennis season were all over and then you could come back and brag about how smart you were

biggmatt24
05-23-05, 11:13 PM
I think the Tennis team is immune to the curse. He's been calling the match wins all weekend(even if he does get the singles matches wrong).

It may have something to do with him having walked briskly to so many matches. Can we institute a "brisk walking" only rule for Stats when he does go to the Ballpark?

El Oso
05-23-05, 11:19 PM
I think the Tennis team is immune to the curse. He's been calling the match wins all weekend(even if he does get the singles matches wrong)

See he's a jinx--those guys wouldve won those sets

I am pleading with StaMan to post no tennis predictions (and delete this one) until approximately 9PM tomorrow nite--this includes updates

I am further pleading that there be no baseball updates until the late evening hours of Monday, June 27, 2005

somebody please pass my petition along--I think Im on ignore--but I cant tell since some threads he seems to be responding directly to my comments

biggmatt24
05-23-05, 11:50 PM

I am pleading with StaMan to post no tennis predictions (and delete this one) until approximately 9PM tomorrow nite--this includes updates

I am further pleading that there be no baseball updates until the late evening hours of Monday, June 27, 2005

somebody please pass my petition along--I think Im on ignore--but I cant tell since some threads he seems to be responding directly to my commentsPassing along the message as requested...

SirBearALot
05-24-05, 12:23 AM
Passing along the message as requested...

ditto!:eyes:

BackToTeaff
05-24-05, 12:35 AM
Are the tennis courts in the middle of the A&M campus?

Wacoso
05-24-05, 12:41 AM

somebody please pass my petition along--I think Im on ignore--but I cant tell since some threads he seems to be responding directly to my comments

Amen.

I thought I was on ignore as well, but he sure responded to me today during the meltdown. Not sure he knows how to use it or the heat stroke made him dizzy enough to change us off ignore.

spooky
05-24-05, 01:54 AM
Are the tennis courts in the middle of the A&M campus?

They're right past Reed Arena, on the far side away from campus. The road that goes between Reed and the softball stadium runs right into the Tennis Center.

WarriorBear
05-24-05, 05:24 AM
So....did the Bears defeat the Bruins?

StatMan
05-24-05, 06:24 AM
I will be traveling south on Texas State Highway 6 from Waco to College Station today, and watch the #1 ranked Baylor Bears defeat the UCLA Bruins (again) to claim back-to-back NCAA men's tennis titles. This is going to be a historic night in Baylor athletics! BAYLOR MEN'S TENNIS: SIMPLY UNBEATABLE! :cool:

El Oso
05-24-05, 08:00 AM
I will be traveling south on Texas State Highway 6 from Waco to College Station today, and watch the #1 ranked Baylor Bears

I'm no doctor but I would strongly advise against that. According to weather.com the match time conditions are

6pm Sunny 91F- 93F

That's prime weather for a sunburn, a heatstroke, faintness, dehydration, decreased vasodilatory response, heat edema, cramps, syncope, exhaustion

And the water probably wont be $1

Bythe way--are you saying tennis is more important than baseball?

Yogi
05-24-05, 08:39 AM
If I have to wear a suit in 90 degree weather to see the Bears, I will.

biggmatt24
05-24-05, 11:05 AM
Get it done Yogs. We're going to need a full report. Facilities, fan activity, drink prices, on-court temperature...the whole nine yards.