PDA

View Full Version : TexAgs on Baylor tennis

91Bear
05-23-05, 08:51 PM
http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=442569&forum_id=10

"They made a nice run and gave Baylor a real fight tonight. But, Baylor is Baylor, they came through when it mattered."

caesarscott
05-23-05, 08:59 PM
i like this one

i've always thought pepperdine was a good team, but they're nowhere near Baylor. no one is.

tbear34
05-23-05, 09:08 PM
i like this one

i've always thought pepperdine was a good team, but they're nowhere near Baylor. no one is.:lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

some aggs are smarter than we thought.

JETHRO
05-23-05, 09:57 PM
Isn't it nice not to be the underdog in at least one sport. :)

tbear34
05-23-05, 10:10 PM
Isn't it nice not to be the underdog in at least one sport. :)

Have we so soon forgotten Women's basketball, even baseball, and next year (this year) men's basketball???

sic'emchops
05-23-05, 10:25 PM
well the women's basketball team had to fight their way into the top 5...didn't get a 1 seed...then seriously earned their national title...being the underdog a few times along the way...

the men's baseball team started the season in the an underdog position..things quickly changed after a sweep of texas...and i feel we are still an underdog in our race to omaha based on our record and the fact that we didn't even make the ncaas last season...

and this men's bball team will be vastly improved from the past few years...and is super great on paper and i am all for them...but they have yet to play one game...coming off of 1 conference win last year...we'll be playing the underdog all season there...

all while the mens tennis team has not lost in 57 straight matches and is looking to go wire-to-wire undefeated and #1 for the season...

i think that's what jethro was getting at tbear34

LordByron
05-23-05, 10:32 PM
sic'emchops, your definition of underdog is seriously flawed.

sic'emchops
05-23-05, 10:37 PM
so the only underdog we have on campus is the football team...if my definition is so seriously flawed...

how many times did an ESPN "expert" pick our lady bears to lose in the ncaa tourney...i remember at least one, if not all (LSU game), of the announcers picking our opponent

did i think we were going to win...yes...i had seen us play and i liked our chances...just as i do in baseball and mens basketball..

but every unbiased opinion in the country probably would have said at any point during the women's bball season, or during the baseball season or during next year's men's bball season that we would not have been or would not be as successful and we know that we could or can be

how is that not being an underdog...just because we baylor fans know that we have good teams doesn't mean that everyone else thinks/agrees with or even knows that

tbear34
05-23-05, 10:45 PM
Thanks for clarifying sic'em, I thought he was only talking about us verses the aggs.

sic'emchops
05-23-05, 10:49 PM
us versus the aggs = total domination by baylor as of late

just need to get them in softball next year and repeat our success against them this year...they can have their meat judging and archery national titles...we'll take some bball titles and tennis too...i'm okay with that

us versus the rest of the nation....we still have a little work these days

caesarscott
05-23-05, 10:56 PM

just need to get them in softball next year and repeat our success against them this year...they can have their meat judging and archery national titles...we'll take some bball titles and tennis too...i'm okay with that

us versus the rest of the nation....we still have a little work these dayswe did get 1 of 3 and it was in the Big XII tourney on TV

tbear34
05-23-05, 10:57 PM

us versus the rest of the nation....we still have a little work these days

Good post. Good humor. gotta be good with a handle like "sic'emchops." :lol: :bow:

sic'emchops
05-23-05, 11:07 PM
Good post. Good humor. gotta be good with a handle like "sic'emchops." :lol: :bow:

i don't know how i should take that...

ValpoCory
05-23-05, 11:10 PM
But, Baylor is Baylor, they came through when it mattered."

I love that "pulling a Baylor" is a good thing now. Finally. :)

sic'emchops
05-23-05, 11:13 PM
I love that "pulling a Baylor" is a good thing now. Finally. :)

it sure eases the pain of the older connotation...A LOT!

tbear34
05-23-05, 11:48 PM
i don't know how i should take that...

its all good, all good, good buddy! :flash: