PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Tennis Matches / Awesome BFans?

oakley
05-25-05, 10:17 AM
Noone has much mentioned this - the fans support last night was incredible - nasty and rowdy and big and raucous.

Several times the chair umpires had to ask the fans to "behave".

The only downside (if you can call it that) of all the incredible BaylorFans showing (standing room only) and gold-clad spectators is that all the rest of the people at the matches - from Florida or Virginia or A&M or UT or whereever - supported the Bruins and UCLA. This numbered about 10% of the total of all fans, however.

Guess BaylorFans will have to be louder and more numerous and rowdy next year.

Overheard in the crowd, "Is EVERYONE here a BaylorFan??"

Big props to all that attended.

Who has pictures to post?

GuacaMyMole
05-25-05, 11:39 AM
Good to hear Oakley.

I figured we would be numerous and very loud but it sounds like we surpassed my expectations.

It would be great to see some pictures.

Yogi
05-25-05, 01:30 PM
I will post pics today or tomorrow.

I am not sure how many crowd shots I got, if any.

I was too busy watching the matches.

StatMan
05-25-05, 04:29 PM
The chair umpire got on the case of Yogi, True Colors and I when he claimed we were being a distraction to the tennis match involiving Lars Poerschke at #3 singles during the 1st set. He was close to issuing a penalty point against Lars in what he claimed was rude behavior on our part. We were just being passionate in support of Lars and the entire BAylor men's tennis team. :cool:

Yogi
05-25-05, 04:36 PM
Actually, Kwinta was whining to the umpire that one of our fans said something directly to him. Ol' Prissy Britches, the flamming umpire, gets up off his chair and scolds the front row of Baylor fans.

No one ever said a word to Kwinta. Kwinta was losing the first game to Lars and couldn't hack the pressure.

Bear_Esq
05-25-05, 04:38 PM
The chair umpire got on the case of Yogi, True Colors and I when he claimed we were being a distraction to the tennis match involiving Lars Poerschke at #3 singles during the 1st set. He was close to issuing a penalty point against Lars in what he claimed was rude behavior on our part. We were just being passionate in support of Lars and the entire BAylor men's tennis team. :cool:

You should have called him out to the Aggie intramural fields after the match and showed him some of your ninja skillz.

MGMBear
05-25-05, 05:12 PM
Yogi,

I have never been to the tennis facilities at ATM. How many people were there?

Yogi
05-25-05, 07:54 PM
Maybe one grand.

oakley
05-26-05, 05:52 AM
Has anyone seen any good photos online from the National Championship matches?

ValpoCory
05-26-05, 08:04 AM
The chair umpire ... was close to issuing a penalty point against Lars in what he claimed was rude behavior on our part.

Next time dress up as UCLA fans and disrupt the match.