PDA

View Full Version : Question from a UCLA fan

TennisFreak
05-25-05, 03:42 PM
I posted this in the national championship thread, but I thought people might not see.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you guys think that the lineup changed? It's always been (1) Pampoulov (2) Kohlloeffel (3) Kwinta (4) Lam (5) Francis (6) Gruendler.

If you guys are talking about the ranked players on courts 5 and 6, that's a by-product of Lam struggling more than anyone thought (I can't remember the last time he's won a match).

At any rate, congrats on a great season and a well-played match.

AmarilloBear
05-25-05, 03:45 PM
I posted this in the national championship thread, but I thought people might not see.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you guys think that the lineup changed? It's always been (1) Pampoulov (2) Kohlloeffel (3) Kwinta (4) Lam (5) Francis (6) Gruendler.

If you guys are talking about the ranked players on courts 5 and 6, that's a by-product of Lam struggling more than anyone thought (I can't remember the last time he's won a match).

At any rate, congrats on a great season and a well-played match.

Congratulations on your teams win! We hope to be able to reclaim the top spot a year from now.

Sic 'em Bears!!

Starr ChamBear
05-25-05, 03:49 PM
Can you tell the Pi Phis and KDs from UCLA that were posting on here about a year ago to return?

Thanks in advance!

Baylor Sinister
05-25-05, 03:49 PM
Congratulations to UCLA on their tennis victory . . . it stings that it's not the BU Bears, but I can accept a #2 National ranking in any sport!

El Mariachi
05-25-05, 03:50 PM
This guy is right. UCLA used the same order on all the matches played in the tournament. They just beat us, plain and simple.

TennisFreak
05-25-05, 03:52 PM
You guys are a classy bunch. And as far as next year, UCLA loses an awful lot. And it seems you guys were very young this year, so it looks like Baylor will be back.

Thanks for the kind words.

Yogi
05-25-05, 04:12 PM
I'll take #2 to a team that played like UCLA did last evening any day of the week.

UCLA really earned the #1 spot. I hope Bruin fans appreciate what that team accomplished last evening.

Yeah, it hurts awful today to have lost the championship, but the better team last evening won.

BaylorHoops02
05-25-05, 04:17 PM
i think the person who said it didnt know waht he was talking about. kwinta has played 3 jsut about all year. collegiate tennis rankings are funny

StatMan
05-25-05, 04:50 PM
It's somewhat surprising that UCLA hasn't won a men's tennis title since 1984. They sure earend it last night, but they did have to elevate their playin the 3 remaining singles matches to defeat a strong Baylor team. It came down to the wire, but Baylor came up just short. These Baylor Bears play with so much heart and passion. Those student-athletes represent Baylor University with class and integrtiy. :spin:

MGMBear
05-25-05, 05:18 PM
I am the one that questioned the lineup and I was wrong. Chalk it too being upset that we lost. More than than that shocked that we lost. I had been to many matches in Waco this year, and thought along with many people here that we were unbeatable. We lost to a better team last night. It is nice to have a program that when we lose it is shocking. I have one quesiton: 1. Has anyone heard about our recruiting class. Also I heard on the board that the Texas coach filed a grievance, what exactly does that entail. Is there an investigatation?

biggmatt24
05-25-05, 05:42 PM
You guys are a classy bunch. And as far as next year, UCLA loses an awful lot. And it seems you guys were very young this year, so it looks like Baylor will be back.

Thanks for the kind words.We lose our top two guys(ranked #2 and #18). We do have some young guys who stepped up this year and hopefully will continue next year.

Good luck next season and congrats on the title.