PDA

View Full Version : Softball vs Cal report

caesarscott
05-27-05, 09:45 PM
while a disappointing result, we did have a very good crowd. very close to capacity.

the girls played well to start off and were in position to get out of that 3rd inning just giving up a single run, but errors will kill and we gave up 3 additional runs.

the ump at 1st totally blew to calls. one late in the game really got Coach Moore after him. our girl bunted and was clearly safe, but was called out.

also, we may well have been totally jinxed, and i'm not talking about a StatMan situation:

Baylor vs Cal
John Morris is your play by play man
the ncaa official is none other than Capt. Carrot's brother
and we get blown out.
Here's hoping for a better effort tomorrow

biggmatt24
05-27-05, 10:10 PM
I'd settle for a better result, no matter the effort.

tbear34
05-27-05, 10:52 PM
thanks for the report scott. sure hope for a better result tomorrow.

cscott, I can not get any of the audio or video to work on my computer. Do you have any idea what might be the problem. the media player window opens and says "opening", but then nothing happens. sorry to bother you with this but, just thought I would ask, since you seem to know alot about these machines.

appreciate any help you can give.

tbear

Aray
05-27-05, 10:55 PM
I thought that guy was Dale Steele. What the **** was he doing at the game. We looked very flustered tonight. Cal's pitcher had the nastiest change up I have ever seen. Almost as bad as Nieman was for Rice in baseball. Just froze our hitters. Cal I am afraid is too tough

caesarscott
05-27-05, 11:04 PM
thanks for the report scott. sure hope for a better result tomorrow.

cscott, I can not get any of the audio or video to work on my computer. Do you have any idea what might be the problem. the media player window opens and says "opening", but then nothing happens. sorry to bother you with this but, just thought I would ask, since you seem to know alot about these machines.

appreciate any help you can give.

tbeari'm not sure. streaming video hasnt worked for me in a while. i'm not sure what hte problem is, i'm sure its on my end. but as i dont use it very often, i've been too lazy to do anything about it.

as to the brother of Capt Carrott, it was apparently another brother (kind of like the situation on Newhart) rather than Dale. tim, tom or jeff. i'm not sure

Bexar Fan
05-28-05, 06:55 AM
Darrell

Preyst
05-28-05, 09:17 AM
TBear, it could be your firewall if you're using Windows XP with service pack 2. Try turning off the firewall while you're streaming, or right clicking on the link and opening it up in a new window. That might work.

tbear34
05-28-05, 11:38 AM
Thanks sonic. I do have a firewall and virus scan with ad blocker. I have a feeling its some of that, that is not leting the signal through.

caesarscott
05-28-05, 03:17 PM
well today got rain delayed. they're supposed to start back up at 7:30 on game two, but i came on home.