PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Benjamin Becker!!

namechange
05-28-05, 06:58 PM
While I know the season didn't end the way he hoped, what an amazing student-athlete Becker has been for BU for four years!! Nothing but class as a player, a student and as a Baylor representative on and off the court!

Undefeated for all four years both as a team member and as an individual in Big 12 competition - all four years!!! What a stud...when he came in as a freshman and garnered the #3 individual ranking, I believe, it was the highest individual ranking that BU had ever had. He continued to achieve great things which last season culminated with the unbelievable team/individual sweep of national championships. On top of that, he was Academic All Big-12 three or four years! Again, what a dream student-athlete that we've been able to have for the past four seasons.

Benni - you continued to build and solidified BU as a tennis force and I wanted to at least have one post solely saying thank you to you! Benedikt and you will be greatly missed and I hope to start a thread for him after he captures the national title in a couple of days to bring the back-to-back BU championships and the men's and women's singles sweep!

Best of luck in the future and know that BU greatly appreciates you - hope that you loved your Baylor experience (and will help recruit lots of other dominant players here!) :)

StatMan
05-28-05, 07:46 PM
Yes, there isn't much I could add to this post, except Matt Knoll, Rob Cheyne, as well as both current and former Baylor men's tennis players thank you, Benjamin Becker, for being such a great student-athlete at Baylor Universitythese past 4 seasons. Best of luck on your future endeavors, whether it is in Germany, or elsewhere! :cool:

DickieBear
05-28-05, 08:01 PM
I saw BB at Tulsa last year. He was being harrassed unmercifully during a tough match with Rice. He laughed it off, persevered, and won the match.

He is total class.

tbear34
05-28-05, 08:42 PM
Excellent post Namechange. You expressed the thoughts of so many of us very eloquently.

Benni, I wish you simply all the best in you life's endeavors. God Bless.

And, Thank you for everything!

BearChick
05-28-05, 08:45 PM
Agreed, excellent post.

Thanks for representing the Green and Gold so well, Benjamin, and best of luck to you in the future. We're proud to have had you as a Bear.

oakley
05-28-05, 09:06 PM
Thanks so much, BB - you are a champion.

I wish you all the best in your professional tennis career. You showed the heart of a lion throughout your Baylor tennis career - and we appreciate you.

ditka
05-28-05, 10:14 PM
Ditto.

BEARWIZZ
05-29-05, 09:02 AM
Ditto