+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Baylor-UT Game Time and TV?

Usually by this time on Monday the schedules are set for the Saturday following the upcoming weekend, but I don't see anything yet for the November 8 game against UT. Maybe ABC is using its 6-day window, so we won't know until Sunday?

My Mood
    Amazed
    you are right.

If I had a choice I would rather the atm game be on instead of ut.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    If I had a choice I would rather the atm game be on instead of ut.
    It's UT. They are #1. It will be on TV somewhere, my guess is the cesspool of FSN 11AM.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Sure bet that it will be on TV somewhere, I agree. My guess is the Fox night game unless Tech happens to win then it would probably get the 11am slot since UT would no longer be numero uno.

11 am games suck hardcore.

My Mood
    Amazed
    I got this from Hornfans, FWIW.

Looks like FSN - AM or PM.

From the big 12 release

FSN 11AM - Oklahoma State at Texas Tech or Oklahoma at Texas A&M or Baylor at Texas or Kansas State at Missouri, 11 a.m., CT

VERSUS - Kansas State at Missouri, 11:30 a.m., CT/MT or Iowa State at Colorado (if selected, game at Colorado will be at 11:30 a.m., MT/12:30 p.m., CT)

*ABC 2:30 PM - Oklahoma at Texas A&M or Oklahoma State at Texas Tech, 2:30 p.m., CT

FSN 6 PM - Baylor at Texas or Kansas State at Missouri or Kansas at Nebraska, 6 p.m., CT

*ABC 7 PM - Oklahoma at Texas A&M or Oklahoma State at Texas Tech, 7 p.m., CT

So in all likelihood, a 6 PM start.

Seems there are better game choices there than ours. But will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    I got this from Hornfans, FWIW.

Looks like FSN - AM or PM.
    There is also a note that ABC may elect not to carry two Big 12 games, and if they choose only one game, it could be in either time slot.

If Tech beats Texas, the Tech/OSU game becomes HUGE. As in College Gameday huge. It would be either that game or Bama @ LSU, which just lost lots of luster after LSU's second beatdown in three weeks.

Does "FSN" include FCS, and isn't the 6:00 game usually on FCS? If so, that sux, because not many people get that channel (including me).

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryTheOctopus View Post
    Does "FSN" include FCS, and isn't the 6:00 game usually on FCS? If so, that sux, because not many people get that channel (including me).
    No. FSN is usually a standard carrier of Big 12 games. FCS carries Big 12 games on occasion.

Like Saturday, FSN PM carried Mizzou-Colorado but FCS "picked-up" aggy-Iowa State as an extra.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Clavine View Post
    If Tech beats Texas, the Tech/OSU game becomes HUGE. As in College Gameday huge. It would be either that game or Bama @ LSU, which just lost lots of luster after LSU's second beatdown in three weeks.
    Yep, if UT beats Tech, they have only themselves to beat to get to the BCS title game. (BU, KU, aggy, Big 12 title - see Mizzou game)

But if Tech beats UT, then THEY are the front runners but with OSU & OU ahead of them and it would be an even more complelling finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Clavine View Post
    Aren't the "Game Day" games usually the 7pm game on ABC? If Tech loses to UT as expected, then I would think LSU v. Bama is the gameday game at 7, and Tech v. O$U is the 2:30 game. OU v. Aggy probably becomes the 11 am FSN game and UT v. BU is the 6pm game. Although, I wish we had the 11 am game.
    Last edited by Take Flight; 10-27-08 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Take Flight View Post
    Aren't the "Game Day" games usually the 7pm game on ABC? If Tech loses to UT as expected, then I would think LSU v. Bama is the gameday game at 7, and Tech v. O$U is the 2:30 game. OU v. Aggy probably becomes the 11 am FSN game and UT v. BU is the 6pm game. Although, I wish we had the 11 am game.
    Not necessarily. Game Day was at the OU-UT game this year, which was a morning kickoff. And I'm pretty sure that Game Day sometimes goes to games that aren't even shown on ESPN or ABC, like perhaps a big SEC showdown on CBS.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryTheOctopus View Post
    Not necessarily. Game Day was at the OU-UT game this year, which was a morning kickoff. And I'm pretty sure that Game Day sometimes goes to games that aren't even shown on ESPN or ABC, like perhaps a big SEC showdown on CBS.
    They are not restricted by conference, time, or TV.

2008 College Gameday
    August 30: #24 Alabama vs. #9 Clemson (Atlanta, GA)
    September 6: Miami (FL) at #5 Florida
    September 13: #5 Ohio State at #1 USC
    September 20: #6 LSU at #9 Auburn
    September 27: #8 Alabama at #3 Georgia
    October 4: #13 Auburn at #19 Vanderbilt
    October 11: #5 Texas vs. #1 Oklahoma (Dallas, TX)
    October 18: #11 Missouri at #1 Texas
    October 25: #3 Penn State at #9 Ohio State
    November 1: #1 Texas at #7 Texas Tech

My Mood
    Pensive
    My initial guess would have been that if there were no marquee games that day, they would go to somewhere like Utah or Ball State, but both of those play mid-week. They may go to Boise for lack of anywhere better. Other than that, probably Baton Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    They are not restricted by conference, time, or TV.

2008 College Gameday
    August 30: #24 Alabama vs. #9 Clemson (Atlanta, GA) 7pm ABC
    September 6: Miami (FL) at #5 Florida 7pm ESPN (no prime time network games this night for some reason)
    September 13: #5 Ohio State at #1 USC 7pm ABC
    September 20: #6 LSU at #9 Auburn 6:45pm ESPN
    September 27: #8 Alabama at #3 Georgia 6:45pm ESPN
    October 4: #13 Auburn at #19 Vanderbilt 5pm ESPN
    October 11: #5 Texas vs. #1 Oklahoma (Dallas, TX) 11am ABC (game is always at this time because of the fair)
    October 18: #11 Missouri at #1 Texas 7pm ABC
    October 25: #3 Penn State at #9 Ohio State 7pm ABC
    November 1: #1 Texas at #7 Texas Tech 7pm ABC

Looks like they are fairly restricted(if not predictable) by TV and time to me.

My Mood
    Amazed
    September 6: Miami (FL) at #5 Florida 7pm ESPN (no prime time network games this night for some reason)
    October 11: #5 Texas vs. #1 Oklahoma (Dallas, TX) 11am ABC (game is always at this time because of the fair)

Most big games of the week are on ABC or ESPN.
    And Texas-OU is not always at 11AM.

Last year they were at 2 Florida games that were on CBS, and they also were at the Division III game between Amherst and Williams.

Thread Information