+ Reply to Thread

Green Paw Conference Realignment will make Art Briles a Baylor Legend

Art Briles is the next Grant Taeff. You know it, I know it, and he knows it..
    It says something that he visited Grant Taeff all those years ago about coaching our Bears.
    That said, his coaching career has followed a noticeable trend... A trend that is closely related to the techtonic plates of Conference affiliations..
    In 2004, while at Houston, he won 3 games and lost 8.

The following year, the University of Louisville, the University of Cincinnati, and the University of South Florida left Conference USA..

The year after that, Briles went 6 and 6, losing in the Fort Worth Bowl. In the years to follow, Briles was 10-4 and 8-4.
    So, he was 24-14 in Conference USA after the big dogs left.

Currently, Briles is 8 and 16 as coach of our Bears.

However, the Big 12 is about to implode. When the dam finally breaks and UT and A&M bolt, I can see Briles coaching career experience a similar resuscitation as it did after the '04 season.

The Canadian has already made the commitment to Art after reworking his contract once Tech sent out the ol feelers... Let's be careful NOT to judge Art for the next couple years UNTIL the new conference changes take effect.

Art deserves the chance to duplicate the success he had at Houston after the landscape around him allowed as much.

I FIRMLY believe, he can use the TCU model of building a successful program once he's OUT OF THE SHADOWS OF A&M AND UT...

My sources are telling me that the rumored Magnolia Conference is going to be an outgrowth of the upcoming conference shuffling. IMO, it's about time. Baylor has not shown that the Big 12 is a good "fit" with the records we've been posting since the Big 12 was formed.

Out of Armageddon comes an opportunity to mutate and evolve. I feel good about Art being the man to lead us through the changes in our conference affiliation. He's done it before and the results he enjoyed in the rebuilt CUSA got him the Baylor job.

Godspeed CAB.

1. Just what the board needs....another crap thread from another toad troll. Any and every real Baylor Fan would know how to spell Coach Teaff's name.

2. Baylor has won 3rd most Big XII conference titles of any school since the conference was formed (i.e., we qualify as a good fit.)

3. Sorry your conference sux so bad - and it really sux really bad. go away now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTongaKid View Post
    Art Briles is the next Grant Taeff. You know it, I know it, and he knows it..
    It says something that he visited Grant Taeff all those years ago about coaching our Bears.
    That said, his coaching career has followed a noticeable trend... A trend that is closely related to the techtonic plates of Conference affiliations..
    In 2004, while at Houston, he won 3 games and lost 8.

The following year, the University of Louisville, the University of Cincinnati, and the University of South Florida left Conference USA..

The year after that, Briles went 6 and 6, losing in the Fort Worth Bowl. In the years to follow, Briles was 10-4 and 8-4.
    So, he was 24-14 in Conference USA after the big dogs left.

Currently, Briles is 8 and 16 as coach of our Bears.

However, the Big 12 is about to implode. When the dam finally breaks and UT and A&M bolt, I can see Briles coaching career experience a similar resuscitation as it did after the '04 season.

The Canadian has already made the commitment to Art after reworking his contract once Tech sent out the ol feelers... Let's be careful NOT to judge Art for the next couple years UNTIL the new conference changes take effect.

Art deserves the chance to duplicate the success he had at Houston after the landscape around him allowed as much.

I FIRMLY believe, he can use the TCU model of building a successful program once he's OUT OF THE SHADOWS OF A&M AND UT...

My sources are telling me that the rumored Magnolia Conference is going to be an outgrowth of the upcoming conference shuffling. IMO, it's about time. Baylor has not shown that the Big 12 is a good "fit" with the records we've been posting since the Big 12 was formed.

Out of Armageddon comes an opportunity to mutate and evolve. I feel good about Art being the man to lead us through the changes in our conference affiliation. He's done it before and the results he enjoyed in the rebuilt CUSA got him the Baylor job.

Godspeed CAB.

Absolutely could not disagree more! For a Baylor fan, In my opinion
    nothing positive would come from a watered down former Big 12 or from Baylor ending up in the MWC, MVC, C-USA.

somebody needs medicine.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Swing and a miss!

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Troll. Probably one still in high school. Or a TCU grad. It's a wash.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Do not feed the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by oakley View Post
    2. Baylor has won 3rd most Big XII conference titles of any school since the conference was formed (i.e., we qualify as a good fit.)
    5th most of any school in the Big 12, 4th in the South. (just being factual)

My Mood
    Paranoid
    What're you doing with that hammer, Carl?
    Political correctness is tyranny with manners. - Charlton Heston

Tennis skews the championship numbers disportionally for Baylor.

Although I recognize them as legitimate, I don't believe it serves Baylor fans well to boast about title prowess since over 80 percent of them are from men's and women's tennis.

I also believe the Big 12 should keep and list separate totals for conference championships and tournament championships to avoid confusion and add clarity.
    Last edited by Osoloco; 05-18-10 at 05:06 AM.

Thread Information