+ Reply to Thread

Scrimmage with Ohio State?

Excuse if this is common knowledge. First I've heard of it.

I was watching the season preview video BaylorBears.com put out today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os17594LKq0&feature=sub

And Coach Drew said we're having a scrimmage with the Buckeyes. It's a closed event just for the two teams and I think it's in Columbus. I believe Texas and Gonzaga did something like this a year or two ago.

I think this is a good idea and good experience for the Bears.
    Last edited by edgemetal91; 10-19-10 at 11:55 PM.

We usually find somebody to scrimmage with every year. We traveled to TCU last year and played 5 quarters, lol. Ohio State would be a nice little competition before we get into game situations.

So TCU won't play us regular season but they'll play us in a scrimmage?

Right...

edge, get over it. TCU sucks d**k at basketball. Theyre smart enough not to play BU.

Quote Originally Posted by edgemetal91 View Post
    So TCU won't play us regular season but they'll play us in a scrimmage?

Right...
    a) they don't need the money they would get for getting blown out here in Waco

b) they still need to play better competition to prepare for WAC play.

makes sense to me...
    Last edited by ProfProphet713; 10-20-10 at 12:13 AM.

This is absolutely a great thing!!! They have one of the best big men in the country, obviously with Jared Sullinger. So BoBo Q-tip and Perry can bang with him and then Buford will really test our guards. A consistent preseason top ten team that ALWAYS plays hard nose Big Ten (boring) Defense.. Priceless preparation in my opinion.
    Was very excited when I saw this on Baylorbears.com today!

p.s - Still think its a little odd that everyone is so timid and distant from even mentioning Dunns situation, but thats the class act that Drew embodies and thank GOD for that. Because with the fine tooth comb that seems to be present at all times of late, its such a blessing!!

bear down- rise up

The NCAA opened this up a few years back. As long as the scrimmage is "close door" and generally the score is not kept this is allowed once per year before exhibition games. Valpo scrimmaged Northwestern 2 years in a row a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFrogs View Post
    edge, get over it. TCU sucks d**k at basketball. Theyre smart enough not to play BU.
    Touchy.

just typical BU banter...."they wont play us in basketball cuz we'll win'...blah blah blah

I think it's weird that they want the advantage of playing us (for experience sake), without the stake of it being a real game with anything on the line.

Get your panties out of a bunch, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by edgemetal91 View Post
    I think it's weird that they want the advantage of playing us (for experience sake), without the stake of it being a real game with anything on the line.

Get your panties out of a bunch, bro.
    HEY MY PANTIES ARE NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. But yes, they were getting uncomfortable. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by willyric219 View Post
    This is absolutely a great thing!!! They have one of the best big men in the country, obviously with Jared Sullinger. So BoBo Q-tip and Perry can bang with him and then Buford will really test our guards. A consistent preseason top ten team that ALWAYS plays hard nose Big Ten (boring) Defense.. Priceless preparation in my opinion.
    Was very excited when I saw this on Baylorbears.com today!

p.s - Still think its a little odd that everyone is so timid and distant from even mentioning Dunns situation, but thats the class act that Drew embodies and thank GOD for that. Because with the fine tooth comb that seems to be present at all times of late, its such a blessing!!

bear down- rise up

you are very excited.

My Mood
    Cheeky
    just typical BU banter...."they wont play us in basketball cuz we'll win'...blah blah blah
    As y'all won't play us you are in no position to disagree.

split time between the 'Pell and the Cliff with stops to the 'Co
    this typical "baylor banter" in usually in response to the typical tcu elitist mentality of "we're better than baylor at everything, baylor sucks, we rule times infinity!!!"
    then we mention every sport not named football (baseball programs are both good) and then you hear crickets chirp.
    Just saying, the young frogs these days get all their bravado going yet want not part of us on the hardwood being broadcasted. You get it, a lot of 'em don't.

This should be a very good measuring stick. As someone said above, Sullinger is the real deal.

Hopefully it will be a harbinger of good things to come. Last year, as a point of reference, UNC got blown out by Vanderbilt. Once details trickled out, it was a good predictor of how (bad) the season would be for Tar Heels.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by BaylorHooah View Post
    this typical "baylor banter" in usually in response to the typical tcu elitist mentality of "we're better than baylor at everything, baylor sucks, we rule times infinity!!!"
    then we mention every sport not named football (baseball programs are both good) and then you hear crickets chirp.
    Oh yes this. One of my friends was all "haha we pwnd you in football" and I asked him what else they could beat us in. He just stood there awkwardly for about 5 seconds and changed the subject.

Thread Information