+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    1,866

    Briles Post-Game Comments?

    what coach-speak did he pull out of his butt for this one??? I couldn't hear any post-game and there isn't any on the web. Anyone hear what JM, Ricky, et al. got out of him afterwards?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Waco, Texas, USA
    Posts
    36,253
    My Mood
    Cool
    Blog Entries
    1
    No official comments by Art Briles. Robert Griffin III took sole responsibility for Baylor's loss to Kansas State.
    Quote Originally Posted by ymbear View Post
    what coach-speak did he pull out of his butt for this one??? I couldn't hear any post-game and there isn't any on the web. Anyone hear what JM, Ricky, et al. got out of him afterwards?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    1,866
    big of him, but he was not the only responsible party. Maybe all this Heisman crap and "video game stats" publicity will go away and keep his butt grounded. Let's just try to win 3 more games, which just became VERY VERY hard to do.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    12,158
    Quote Originally Posted by ymbear View Post
    big of him, but he was not the only responsible party. Maybe all this Heisman crap and "video game stats" publicity will go away and keep his butt grounded. Let's just try to win 3 more games, which just became VERY VERY hard to do.
    I'd like to hire you to be a motivational speaker - what is your rate?

    Goodness dude - nice expectations....is that what you expect the coaches to say - just win 3 more and we're good. We better go out there and win every remaining game.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Niceville, FL
    Posts
    14,628
    My Mood
    Amused
    All I care about is the next game...hopefully the team has the same approach
    BearForce
    Sic'em

  6. #6

    Briles

    'We didn't get beat, we lost the game' and 'We need to move on and get ready for next week'.

    That's basically what I heard after a kazillion commercials. Realistically, what else can he say?

    For those that have read my my posts over the years know I am not a Briles defender but I thought BU was the better team team today. It was just a tough loss. It's a bummer and it happens but it was team loss (No specific blame).

    Good luck next week.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Fritztown, TX
    Posts
    6,350
    My Mood
    Amused
    We've gotta keep going deep late in the game and keep scoring touchdowns. I thought AB learned this lesson after the TCU game, but I guess he is a slow learner. Oh well, just one loss. Time to focus on ISU!
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition: And gentlemen in England now a-bed, Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks, That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day!! - Henry V, Battle of Agincourt

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Waco
    Posts
    12,740
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Killer instinct. We've got to develop one from the coaches and trainers on through to the kickers and punters. This meek identity we have as a university has got to die.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Dean Bradley's office
    Posts
    10,928
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by ymbear View Post
    big of him, but he was not the only responsible party. Maybe all this Heisman crap and "video game stats" publicity will go away and keep his butt grounded. Let's just try to win 3 more games, which just became VERY VERY hard to do.
    Did they take Kansas, Iowa State and Tech off our schedule or something???

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Go Broncos!!
    Posts
    3,818
    Quote Originally Posted by bugramps View Post
    Killer instinct. We've got to develop one from the coaches and trainers on through to the kickers and punters. This meek identity we have as a university has got to die.
    This. It wasn't griffin's fault. He had phenomenal numbers again. 4th quarter game plan and play calling killed us.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    12,784
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by bugramps View Post
    Killer instinct. We've got to develop one from the coaches and trainers on through to the kickers and punters. This meek identity we have as a university has got to die.
    This is quite true. It's a part of the university culture that clearly leeches into the athletic department as well. And has for decades, frankly. Even in the mid-80s during the Teaff era [when we went to bowl games and won when there were half as many bowl games, so it meant a lot more then] you just never really had the sense that BU had "the killer instinct." Aside from a couple of Kim Mulkey's basketball teams, I really can't recall ANY Baylor team -- great, good, bad, or ugly -- having a "killer instinct" type of mentality that you'd often see out of teams from OU, UT, Texas Tech, Okie State, Nebraska, or A&M on occasion [last year's football game being a prime example] ...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Media Bear View Post
    This is quite true. It's a part of the university culture that clearly leeches into the athletic department as well. And has for decades, frankly. Even in the mid-80s during the Teaff era [when we went to bowl games and won when there were half as many bowl games, so it meant a lot more then] you just never really had the sense that BU had "the killer instinct." Aside from a couple of Kim Mulkey's basketball teams, I really can't recall ANY Baylor team -- great, good, bad, or ugly -- having a "killer instinct" type of mentality that you'd often see out of teams from OU, UT, Texas Tech, Okie State, Nebraska, or A&M on occasion [last year's football game being a prime example] ...
    The greatest post ever. I have brought this up numerous times before and believe it completely. Compare BU to a job or your own company. They would be known as the company that walks and never runs. They would be a prime example of that saying, "if you sit still long enough, somebody will mistake you for lunch." The leeching comment is dead on. Unfortunately, the only way these types of cultures or practices change is when they receive enough pain. Very well put, Media.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copperas Cove, Tx
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by BUbacker View Post
    Did they take Kansas, Iowa State and Tech off our schedule or something???
    Point?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by BUbacker View Post
    Did they take Kansas, Iowa State and Tech off our schedule or something???
    I don't see Tech as a gimme. I hope I'm wrong.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,396
    Art should have learned from TCU. This team can't run if the opponent pretty much knows they are running. It's an offense built to attack. Failing to attack late against TCU nearly cost us that game, and I believe it cost us the game yesterday. We can not EVER stop attacking. We have to throw the ball agressively to win. Surely Art knows that now.

    Beat Iowa State...one win at a time.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Way out West!
    Posts
    33,235
    Good thread.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    25,195
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ymbear View Post
    I don't see Tech as a gimme. I hope I'm wrong.
    No game's a gimmie, but none of those games would be "very, very, hard."

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    25,195
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GruntTuff View Post
    Art should have learned from TCU. This team can't run if the opponent pretty much knows they are running. It's an offense built to attack. Failing to attack late against TCU nearly cost us that game, and I believe it cost us the game yesterday. We can not EVER stop attacking. We have to throw the ball agressively to win. Surely Art knows that now.

    Beat Iowa State...one win at a time.
    We only ran two plays "late" in the game with the lead. An incompletion and an interception. This loss wasn't on the offensive play calling going conservative.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    China Spring/Waco
    Posts
    3,771
    My Mood
    Amused
    D.C., I see the OU game as being very very hard.
    SIC'EM BEARS

    2011 - 77th HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER

    We have been through the desert and have seen the promise land.

    MY HEROES, SEAL TEAM SIX!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by D. C. Bear View Post
    We only ran two plays "late" in the game with the lead. An incompletion and an interception. This loss wasn't on the offensive play calling going conservative.
    Did seem like we ran it much more in the 4th.... something certainly changed.
    What would you say cost us the game?



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts