+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I had to leave church early today!

My family and I attend a non-denominational bible church. It's in a rual community so as you can imagine a lot of Aggies attend our church! So, as to be expected a bunch of Aggies were wearing their A$M shirts and t-shirt. Some of them actually went to A$M and or have kids going there. But, a lot are just T-shirt fans!

The main reason I decided to leave was because one gentlemen was wearing a 12th Man jersey! He and his wife are in the same bible study group that my wife and I are in! He graduated from A$M, but he has never come across as an Agtard in the past. Until today! His wife told everybody in bible study class that the reason he wore his jersey was because A$M BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF BAYLOR! I held my tongue!

I decided I wasn't going to be able to a proper Christian while waiting for church service to start so I thought it was best that I just leave! Some Aggies just make it really hard to just go to church at times!

emerald
    Last edited by emeraldbear; 10-16-11 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks for sharing. I think there's a great lesson here. Christ should unify us, not divide us...as as much pride as we might feel on a Sunday after a big Baylor victory on Saturday, we need to be more considerate of our brothers and sisters in Christ...something that the "beat the crap out of Baylor"guy might have lost sight of.

As Philippians 2:3 says, Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

This is easier to remember some times than at other times. Hopefully as Baylor starts winning more and more, we'll remember Phil 2:3 so as never make someone else feel like you felt this morning.

My Mood
    Cynical
    you should have stayed and witnessed to him. the man needs saving. he's in a cult

My Mood
    Amazed
    Apparently our defense goes to the same church. They checked out too

cool story bro

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    Apparently our defense goes to the same church. They checked out too
    Oh, believe me I could have gotten real nasty with him. Probably to the point I would have been ask to leave for the day or even leave the church for good!

We enjoy the pastor and like the church's mission statement, "Connecting with others for the life-changing pursuit of Jesus Christ".

boxster-Thinks for sharing that bible verse. I need to put on a T-shirt and wear it to church win or lose!

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Remember church is a hospital for sinners, not a showcase for saints.

Some need intensive care.
    Political correctness is tyranny with manners. - Charlton Heston

My Mood
    Pensive
    I hope you rent your garments in his direction before you left.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    I would change churches...stay classy aggy!

My Mood
    Cool
    Blog Entries
    It bothers me when a church staff member, special guest, or even college graduates at member churches attended and graduated from Texas A&M, and a few people in the worship service say WHOOP! Very inappropriate in that setting, just like saying SIC 'EM, if it was a Baylor alumnus.

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by StatMan View Post
    It bothers me when a church staff member, special guest, or even college graduates at member churches attended and graduated from Texas A&M, and a few people in the worship service say WHOOP! Very inappropriate in that setting, just like saying SIC 'EM, if it was a Baylor alumnus.

Not nearly as inappropriate as you predicting Baylor victories (on any medium).

Don't you just love the "day after they won" bravery of the t-shirt fan? Typical of agtard cowardly scumdom.

I'd take 10,000 T-shirt fans in a heartbeat. If we had them, we might fill up the house. A fan is a fan. The guy that became one at WalMart is just as important and the one who got his masters. They are both butts in a seat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkey View Post
    I'd take 10,000 T-shirt fans in a heartbeat. If we had them, we might fill up the house. A fan is a fan. The guy that became one at WalMart is just as important and the one who got his masters. They are both butts in a seat.
    This isn't about having t-shirt fans or not. Maybe you're on the wrong thread.

I look forward to having the Aggies in the SEC. Despite the anger on here, I think they will be a good fit.

And thanks for the verse, Boxster. I think we could all learn something on that... even when we lose. I know it's tough to listen to LSU's noise yesterday. It has been a tough few years on Rocky Top. I'm beginning to feel your pain. Not sure I could take 20 years of it, though!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Church is no place for t-shirt fans!

This is what happens when we lose a game where the score is not indicative of how close the game really was. This is going to be a rough week. Ag fans can be a bit over the top after a victory. I have already been getting some grief from several TAMU fans. Unfortunately, when your team gives this kind of performance, we fans have to take our licks. If you need church, don't let the ags keep you from hearing what you went to hear. Don't let them dictate your actions. Don't let them have anything more than a football victory. Keep your head up.

ATM TShirts and jerseys in church! You stay classy farmers!

Honestly...in those situations..you just have to laugh and feel sorry for anybody that has such a boring life that they wear their teams' football jersey to church the next morning after they had a decent victory. But feel especially sorry for the guy because he's married to woman that would say such a stupid thing without having a clue how stupid she is acting. You only have to spend a couple of hours with them....they have to spend almost the entirety of their waking hours together. Just that thought would give me all the satisfaction I would need. I can make it through an entire Christmas day just knowing my sister-in-law and brother-in-law have to go home together.

You said he was an actual Aggie and not a tshirt fan...yikes that's embarrassing.

Thread Information