+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rwbear View Post
    He is Boomer Sooner fan is my only issue LOL
    I guess it's okay that he's a Sooner fan, as long has he also gives the proper nod to the local team.

The Stupid News Network segment has potential, but seems forced so far.

Great voice and good interaction and conversation with guests so far.

Minus the whole OU affiliation, obviously.

I'm really enjoying this show, I'd much rather have him in the morning, but I am listening to Dan Patrick in the morning anyway. I'm sure Cowheard brings in more listeners than SVP, even though I enjoy Van Pelt's show more.

Any thoughts of ever having a night show with more guy talk ala the Ticket or The Fan?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DBYRD View Post
    I'm sorry but if you listen to Cowherd enough you really get the impression he isn't the smartest sports guy around. IMO he is ESPN's attempt to get the younger generation o tune into sports, and I for one am turned off by his rants and raves. He seems more interested in non-sports stuff than anyone else on sports radio/tv. I'm 25 and can't stand the guy! I really like the "You make the call" show and this new local show is great so far. Hope to see some more local guys that can bring the quality of our station up to par. Also Smoaky if you can shed a little light on whether or not ESPN Radio app will ever feature ESPN Central Texas on there that'd be great.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id422930821

Quote Originally Posted by BIrwin49 View Post
    Any thoughts of ever having a night show with more guy talk ala the Ticket or The Fan?
    The "Ticket Top 10" was always amusing, random, and entertaining. It seemed so easy and cheap to put together, but then again, I'm not in the radio industry.

I miss The Ticket, but Smoaky & team are doing their best to steal my sport's heart.

Seems like the large market ESPN stations are on the ESPN Radio app. There are a few things that still scream small market station but if big market station means typical ESPN POV then I'll be more than happy to stay small market. I won't be buying another app(seems dumb to even have the ESPN Radio app then), but will tune in when I can. Best of luck.

My Mood
    Amused
    Every now and then Jamie needs to cut his question down to less than 5 minutes and let his guest talk.

The show has been on for a little while now and I really enjoy it.

I love the interaction and Jamie is pretty funny.

My Mood
    Happy
    With a name like "Bush League" did they interview Tubberville about running the reverse pass?

My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlbeer View Post
    Well, it will gain that local feel once he starts telling us all about Double R's sour dough buns and Marstaller Motors - a name you know and know you can trust.
    Thanks for the mention.

Thread Information