+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HEB has their own "green crack sauce"

Just got some today and had a taste.

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy126/hornlover/ThatGreenSauce.gif

If you have no other way of getting "the green sauce", like they have at El Pollo Rico or El Regio's and a couple of other places, and you don't want to or don't know how to make your own, it's a really good addition to the grocery store sauce lineup.

If you expect the real thing, it will leave you a bit disappoint. But it's not bad for what it is. Has that nice slow-building warmth, but it's way watered down and runny, taking away from both the flavor and texture, and has a limey taste to it that kind of sticks out.

Good to have in the fridge for a quick pick-me-up.

I farted in the Pacific Ocean. Then I went home.
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Any relation to Tacodeli's salsa doņa? I need a kiddie pool of salsa doņa.

It's an attempt at the same stuff.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    "Green Crack Sauce" is not a marketing tour-de-force when it comes to imagery...
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBooFan View Post
    Great idea, I need to post more Iowa stuff. Thanks for reminding me.

My Mood
    Amused
    I miss the blue goose and tomatillos..............

....... assuming they are still the same quality as in days of yore.

yes, days of yore.

{ decomposing carcass }

- kkm

sounds gay, dude.

just sayin'.

- big bill

HONK!
    Cluck, cluck { flap, flap, flap } cluck, cluck.

Green? Did someone say green? I approve - carry on with your witty banter

My Mood
    Amused
    don't you have some hostilities to conclude?

me? I've gotten my cardio in today while you've been fking around here.

- the perturbed bird's handler

handle this, wearer o' the asshat.

and keep kssing my sweet bird buttocks!

HONK!

- big bill the boisterous bellicose boy bird with bountiful bodacious buttocks
    Cluck, cluck { flap, flap, flap } cluck, cluck.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    "wearer o' the asshat"...dang - the boy bird has brass balls to go with his bountiful bodacious buttocks!

{ file started }

- KEB

ps - me...watching Mizzou smackdown of Kansas. elliptical coming up soon after...
    Last edited by KEBasketball; 02-25-12 at 08:42 PM. Reason: The Kansas smackdown of Mizzou started seconds after I made this post...
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBooFan View Post
    Great idea, I need to post more Iowa stuff. Thanks for reminding me.

marco is offline Admiral of the III'd Fleet clap of thunder fan marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute (14578 points)
    My Mood
    Lurking
    More effort than I care to exert. Had the Taco Bell "Verde" today, don't even ask. Thin, runny and sauced is no way to go thru life son!

It got the nickname "crack sauce" because once you've had it you crave it intensely. It's served in very few places. It's not salsa verde or tomatillo. It's basically pureed jalapenos with a little garlic and oil.

I tried some of the HEB red salsa tonight. Not terrible for grocery store sauce, but still has a bit of that gummy Pace taste to it. Meh...

marco is offline Admiral of the III'd Fleet clap of thunder fan marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute marco has a reputation beyond repute (14578 points)
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia_del_DougO View Post
    It got the nickname "crack sauce" because once you've had it you crave it intensely. It's served in very few places. It's not salsa verde or tomatillo. It's basically pureed jalapenos with a little garlic and oil.
    That's what a girl I used to work with would make only she used the chilis de arbol. Some mf hot stuff right there.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Ohhhhh yes.

Would Tacodeli complain if I ordered a taco and brought in my own bucket to fill up with the crack sauce? That's how crackalicious the crack sauce is. One bucket might be enough for one taco. Might.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjacoco View Post
    Ohhhhh yes.

Would Tacodeli complain if I ordered a taco and brought in my own bucket to fill up with the crack sauce? That's how crackalicious the crack sauce is. One bucket might be enough for one taco. Might.
    I haven't been there in way too long.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by marco View Post
    More effort than I care to exert. Had the Taco Bell "Verde" today, don't even ask. Thin, runny and sauced is no way to go thru life son!
    You obviously haven't tried it with the Maui Wowie...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Smarter than the Average Bear..."

My Mood
    Amused
    I still miss that onion-y sauce they put on the spicy beef burritos at Taco Torch.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Come to think of it, Taqueria El Crucero just off the circle had a version of the crack sauce. Part of me wanted to steal the little squirt bottle and drink the whole thing. Fantastic breakfast tacos, too, but most importantly...DAT SAUCE!

I haven't had any real crack sauce since the El Pollo Rico closed down in Temple, the culinary black hole of Texas.

Thread Information