+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    My Mood
    Happy
    stopping the wHorns streak of NCAA appearances and beginning their streak of non-appearances is worth having one less Big XII team in the tournament.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Being the school whose greed nearly caused the Big 12 to implode -- I wish them nothing but fail in all their athletic endeavors ...

Of course, I would have said that BEFORE such antics as well.

I don't think they deserve to get in. I don't watch a lot of college hoops outside of the Big 12, but they have been consistently suspect throughout the season. They can lose to anyone, but they are far from being able to beat anyone. It isn't a response to anything from this thread, but I don't fear UT at all in the Big 12 tournament.

I hope they lose in the 1st round of the NIT at home!
    Baylor: Black, Green and Gold

How do I feel about Texas and the Bubble?

I despise UT.
    I am enjoying that they are on The Bubble and are worrying about the outcome.
    I hope they fall to the outside of The Bubble and are left merely looking in.
    I wold love it if The Bubble somehow turned into a giant concrete ball.
    I would enjoy seeing that concrete ball roll over them...

Sorry, I got a little carried away there.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsicanaBear View Post
    I never tire of seeing UT lose. It never gets boring, never fails to hold my attention, never fails to entertain, and always makes me happy.
    It sure makes them regular people, not a$$slobs.

Quote Originally Posted by JGTBH View Post
    stopping the wHorns streak of NCAA appearances and beginning their streak of non-appearances is worth having one less Big XII team in the tournament.
    IMO, the Horns are going to have to win two of their next three games to make it into the NCAA. They play Oklahoma at home, I think tonight, which is a must win. Then they get to take a spanking in Lawrence on Saturday to close out conference. This will put them in sixth place.

Then, they will play BU or ISU in the Big Twelve quarterfinals. We hope it is BU, because that means we finish third in conference and that we beat ISU on Saturday.

Assuming the Horns split the last two conference games, which is probable, I think they have to win the Big 12 quarterfinal game to get in. I think this is their rubber game....win it their in; lose it their out.

So, we have a "likely" scenario where BU is in the NCAA regardless (playing only for either a #2, #3, or #4 seed ), and we totally control UT's NCAA destiny. Based on several of the posts, this scenario should bring some smiles to the Board.
    Last edited by lookin4awin; 02-29-12 at 10:08 AM.

Forney,TX where Dallas ends and living begins.
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Potter View Post
    Meh.

Now that Aggy is gone, I'll root for the other Big XII teams. Texas' recruiting isn't a threat to us.
    You do realize that ESPN ranked Texas' class ahead of ours...right?
    "People shouldn't fear their government. Governments should fear their people." - V

My Mood
    Inspired
    I hope they do not make it. Not because I don't want more Big 12 teams in the tourney. I don't want them to make it because that most likely means they beat us in the 2nd round of the Big 12 tourney. I hope we win at Iowa State, and Texas should smoke OU. No way UT beats Kansas at Kansas so that leaves them 1and 1 going into the Big 12 tourney. To pick up that 2 of 3 they would need to beat us. We need to stomp their face in again on our way to a Big 12 tourney win and a 2 seed. I think that kicks em off the bubble into cry me an orange river land. Having more Big 12 teams is healthy for the league, but Longhorn tears are that perfect blend of salty and sweet that Bears just crave.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsicanaBear View Post
    I never tire of seeing UT lose. It never gets boring, never fails to hold my attention, never fails to entertain, and always makes me happy.
    This! I want them to lose to OU, KU, in the first round of the Big 12 tourney, and in the first round if the NIT.

Texas' recruiting isn't a threat to us.
    these are the types of statements that make people look ridiculous.

tell me you ACTUALLY believe that.

don't really care as long as I know the Ags won't be in. But, for some strange reason, UT bothers me some because of the up and down way they play with J'Covan Brown. They have the ability to play really good and then turn around and stink it up. Teams like that bother me cuz you never know what you are going to get. So, I say I hope they make it to the NCAA's and go out in the first round so Austinville can be up in arms again for another recruiting season. Personally, I would rather not see us play them again....

I don't care if they make the tournament or not. If they do make it, I will root for them as another Big 12 member. If an Aggy produces a miracle and wins the B12 tournament, I still can't root for them in the NCAA's since they almost relegated us to C-USA.

I want to see them get in the NCAAs just to make the aggies that much more bitter about the Longhorns. Haha.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    I think they have the money and relevance to end up on the right side of the bubble.

It's a close call, but they are talented and capable of upsetting just about anyone if they get their act together.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "smarter than the average bear!"

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Meh.

Now that Aggy is gone, I'll root for the other Big XII teams. Texas' recruiting isn't a threat to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxster View Post
    But an all-powerful UT athletic program IS a threat to us, and to the entire Big XII. As long as they are pushing the LHN, it is Baylor's best interest for every one of their sports to fail. When things are going great, going independent sounds like a pretty good idea. However, during the lean years, having a nice conference affiliation definitely comes in handy. They need to be reminded of this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by New Fite View Post
    wut.

You do realize we wanted Cameron Ridley, Prince Ibeh and especially Javan Felix, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by BearlyHere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    these are the types of statements that make people look ridiculous.

tell me you ACTUALLY believe that.
    hy·per·bo·le [hahy-pur-buh-lee]
    noun
    1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
    2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally.

....hopefully

My Mood
    Relaxed
    To the point of the thread - I'm nearly 50/50 on wanting them in/don't care either way. I'd rather see UT make it 6 Big 12 teams in and the PAC 12 get only 1 in.

But I'm not rooting against them.

My Mood
    Amused
    Hope the bubble breaks it spews all over them.

My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by BearlyHere View Post
    Considering how well they rank recruiting prospects that doesn't mean much.
    BearForce
    Sic'em

My Mood
    Lurking
    I don't need UT in the tourney to make me feel good, unless they get in and lose first round, then I'm a happy camper. But no, I'd rather they not make the tourney and it hurt their recruiting.

Thread Information