+ Reply to Thread

BaylorFans.com Track Adds Grace to 2012-13 Signees

WACO, Texas - Baylor track and field head coach Todd Harbour announced the addition of standout hurdler Bryce Grace to his list of National Letter of Intent signees for the 2012-2013 academic year on Tuesday.
    Grace, a McKinney, Texas, native, joins a group that now consists of seven signees on the men's side to bring the 2012-13 recruiting class total to 12. With addition of Grace, the men's class now covers an even wider variety of events having already signed sprinter Alex Reece (Houston, Texas), quartermilers Isaiah Duke (Edmond, Okla.) and Richard Gary (Duncanville, Texas), miler Chris McElroy (Kingsport, Tenn.), distance runner Silvester Harrison (Killeen, Texas) and triple jumper Felix Obi (El Paso, Texas).

"We are delighted to add Bryce to this outstanding recruiting class," Harbour said. "He's a super young man, comes from a great family, and he is going to be a great addition for us. We have wanted to sign a big hurdler for awhile, and we feel like we've got a good one in Bryce."

Without a big impact in the hurdles since 2006, Grace, a Dallas Adams High School product, brings a highly successful prep background to fill the need for Baylor. After opening the current outdoor season with personal bests in both the 110 hurdles and 300 hurdles, Grace's time of 13.83 in the 110 hurdles is the fastest time in the nation so far this season. He also opened the year with a personal best of 38.8 in the 300 hurdles. In two indoor races this season, Grace claimed the 60 hurdles title at the Texas A&M Indoor Classic, then followed with a 60-hurdles time of 7.96 at Arkansas to rank second in Texas and 15th nationally.

Entering the season, Grace came off a junior year that featured district titles in both hurdle disciplines, and a regional title and state 4A runner-up finish in the 110 hurdles. As a junior, he had the 10th-fastest time in the state of Texas and a top-50 time nationally in the high hurdles.

LINK: http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/c-...022812aaa.html

My Mood
    Amazed
    Nice headline

My Mood
    Breezy
    Although Bryce is more 110 than 300, I could not help but notice his time in comparison to RGIII--who ran 3.5 seconds faster in the 300 during high school. Not to denigrate Bryce but to give yet another indication of just how great an athlete RGIII is.

Big 12 Champion as a Freshman. Yeap, pretty decent athlete.

BTW, very glad to have you on our team Bryce.

Tri-Cities: Helotes/Grey Forest/Leon Springs
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Alcy Jackson, Davy Duncan, Reyna Thompson, Charles Powell, Arthur Smith, Jeff Jackson......Bryce Grace? Welcome to Baylor Bryce!
    There's no such thing as a gambling problem.....only a losing problem. -Malbec

Quote Originally Posted by Malbec View Post
    Alcy Jackson, Davy Duncan, Reyna Thompson, Charles Powell, Arthur Smith, Jeff Jackson......Bryce Grace? Welcome to Baylor Bryce!
    I was never aware that Alcy Jackson ran track. I knew he was a big time recruit though. And I will never forget "the catch" he made before the half in what would become the "Miracle..." game.

Tri-Cities: Helotes/Grey Forest/Leon Springs
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I was never aware that Alcy Jackson ran track. I knew he was a big time recruit though. And I will never forget "the catch" he made before the half in what would become the "Miracle..." game.
    Yes, Alcy was a great hurdler. He set the school record in '75 at 13.7, only to have it broken the next year by Davy Duncan with a 13.60 at the USTFF Nationals. Oh the days when the football guys could run track. We probably could have scored 35 more points at the B12 Indoors with some footballers. And we could probably run TWO sub-39 sprint relays if we had those guys.
    There's no such thing as a gambling problem.....only a losing problem. -Malbec

Oh the days when the football guys could run track. We probably could have scored 35 more points at the B12 Indoors with some footballers. And we could probably run TWO sub-39 sprint relays if we had those guys.
    Isn't that the truth for sure. Wish we could use those guys. Thanks for the info on Alcy. I left Waco in 76 so I guess I missed that track season.

It will be nice having a 110 hurdler who can contend for points! The women sure have a 60/100 hurdler.
    "We have the (Big 12 title) belt around our waist, and it's buckled up pretty tight. It will be a struggle to get that sucker off, I can promise you that. . . . We like the belt, and we're going to keep it."

Thread Information