+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidCorreaBU View Post
    Directed by a Baylor Grad
    coco?

Quote Originally Posted by glunday View Post
    I have to say that you guys love beer maybe a bit too much. You can't have a good time without it? It reminds me of the scene in Gladiator when Russell Crow kills everyone in the arena and then shouts "Are you not entertained?". Why does getting wasted make it so much better? We are actually good now. We have a product on the field that can be watched soberly.

Maybe you guys should check out A.A.
    http://ohellnawlblog.com/newohnblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ani_wtf_cube.gif

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMcHorn View Post
    There's just nothing "allowed" in the stands, not that that stops anyone.

West Virginia is a different story.

Also, "sweets?" Really?
    I agree with you but could not resist...

http://www.heartlessdoll.com/grammartimehs1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by glunday View Post
    I have to say that you guys love beer maybe a bit too much. You can't have a good time without it? It reminds me of the scene in Gladiator when Russell Crow kills everyone in the arena and then shouts "Are you not entertained?". Why does getting wasted make it so much better? We are actually good now. We have a product on the field that can be watched soberly.

Maybe you guys should check out A.A.
    http://emailfwds.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/alcoholism.jpg

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/demotivational-posters-alcoholic-or-drunk.jpg
    Last edited by 'Twas a toot; 04-05-12 at 12:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPANKitSLAPit View Post
    I agree with you but could not resist...

http://www.heartlessdoll.com/grammartimehs1.jpg
    Sorry, I'm not usually that guy, but twice, and sweets??? /green/gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mike884 View Post
    First off, Baylor won't allow alcohol in the stadium. No one in the Big 12 does anymore. There are plenty of schools that allow alcohol at tailgates but not in the stadium, and it never seems to be a problem.
    Second, I for one hope the tailgating culture expands with a new stadium. It has gotten better the last few years, in large part to the university lighting up on enforcement of alcohol policies. For an example, my twin brother went to TCU (which is a wet campus) so I spent a good amount of time going up there. For about the last 5 years him and his friends have been doing a tailgate at every home game, with alcohol, and has become one of the largest ones at TCU. Every year it has been a blast, and it has never been an issue. I've never seen anyone act a fool like a Georgia Tech or LSU. 2 years ago when we played them in Fort Worth we even did a huge joint TCU/Baylor tailgate, which was a ton of fun, and even though people were drinking, no one acted like a moron. I would like to see Baylor embrace some of that so that we can start having better and better tailgates in the future, and help add to the whole game day experience.
    As already mentioned, DKR allows alcohol in suites and club sections, Mizzou has beer sales at games as did Colorado while they were in the Big 12. There is no Big 12 rule that prohibits the sale of beer inside the stadium, just most schools choose not to do it. Also WVU sells beer at games, and will continue to do so when they get to the Big 12.

Beer is good.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMcHorn View Post
    Sorry, I'm not usually that guy, but twice, and sweets??? /green/gold
    Ya, sweets was pretty bad

My Mood
    Relaxed

First off, Baylor won't allow alcohol in the stadium. No one in the Big 12 does anymore. There are plenty of schools that allow alcohol at tailgates but not in the stadium, and it never seems to be a problem.
    Second, I for one hope the tailgating culture expands with a new stadium. It has gotten better the last few years, in large part to the university lighting up on enforcement of alcohol policies. For an example, my twin brother went to TCU (which is a wet campus) so I spent a good amount of time going up there. For about the last 5 years him and his friends have been doing a tailgate at every home game, with alcohol, and has become one of the largest ones at TCU. Every year it has been a blast, and it has never been an issue. I've never seen anyone act a fool like a Georgia Tech or LSU. 2 years ago when we played them in Fort Worth we even did a huge joint TCU/Baylor tailgate, which was a ton of fun, and even though people were drinking, no one acted like a moron. I would like to see Baylor embrace some of that so that we can start having better and better tailgates in the future, and help add to the whole game day experience.
    joints are perfect for tailgates

Blog Entries

billytheskink is offline That guy who saw Josh Lomers at a Chick-Fil-A Baylor fan billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute billytheskink has a reputation beyond repute (6721 points)
    Quote Originally Posted by eastdallasloco View Post
    joints are perfect for tailgates
    Especially with

Cuff-LYNX, now available!

My Mood
    Inspired
    I said sweets. I get it. Just came back and saw that. I am not even sure I can blame that on the Iphone. Sorry. You got the point. suites.

My Mood
    Inspired
    And actually there may be some big 12 rule disallowing beer and alcohol in a stadium unless it is some "private club" or some such. I am too lazy to do the research on it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CorsicanaBear View Post
    It'll be fine. The policy will be no drinking and it will be ignored as long as you're not being a jerk and/or falling over puking drunk. A fine balance will be struck.
    Sanity and common sense should prevail but who knows about young adults. (oops a revealed prejudice)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BUNinjaLaw View Post
    And actually there may be some big 12 rule disallowing beer and alcohol in a stadium unless it is some "private club" or some such. I am too lazy to do the research on it
    I've looked before and never found anything. I think it is a "club" thing, as no one else seems to allow it, and there's a whole lot of money to be made if they did. Colorado stopped serving in the stadium in 1996, a curious date if there's not a Big 12 rule.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Not sure what you mean by there's no alcohol in the stadium. Bourbon and Dr Pepper tastes mighty fine.

I got a little worried because the thread title insinuated it had been determined no alcohol.

It would be nice if the BU suites had Johnny Walker Green and Gold labels as the official Scotch of BU haha

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Oh and trust me there have been plenty of people in the tailgating areas who could very well have ruined it for everyone, but that's how lax they are now.

If there are Texans vs Cowboys style fights, they'll crack down, but falling over and yakking isn't too bad really.

My Mood
    Relaxed
    I could see them allowing it in suites. I mean if you're going to pay that kind of money, you should be able to imbibe if you so desire.

Wish we can get over this made-up biblical prohibition to alcohol the baptists have tried desperately to force upon everyone. One day. One day.

No, alcohol at stadium. Go to George's like any other red-blooded Baylorite.

Thread Information