+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller

Miller

Does he stay or go?

marco is offline Admiral of the III'd Fleet clap of thunder fan marco has disabled reputation (13925 points)
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Stays!

My Mood
    Fine
    After the Tech game he said he was staying. Be nice to take him at his word.

Besides, he still has some work to do to get himself better.

I think he's gone unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokeebears View Post
    I think he's gone unfortunately.
    what makes you say that?? Has he talked to you?? (Not trying to bash you. but what are you founding your statement on)

My Mood
    Cold

That won't be as easy anymore thanks to the new CBA in basketball, there was a rule implemented in the CBA that college players can no longer test their draft stock before they enter to see where they would end up. You are either all in for the draft, or all out. You can no longer test your stock.

Staying will help him learn more money long term. Unfortunately it didn't seem like he was enjoying his time playing towards the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcoppinger View Post
    That won't be as easy anymore thanks to the new CBA in basketball, there was a rule implemented in the CBA that college players can no longer test their draft stock before they enter to see where they would end up. You are either all in for the draft, or all out. You can no longer test your stock.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...more-confusion

what makes you say that?? Has he talked to you?? (Not trying to bash you. but what are you founding your statement on)
    A gut feeling plus rumors I'm hearing/reading.

My Mood
    Tired
    Blog Entries
    Last i heard he disappears some games. He needs to stay in mature. Plus i think he likes all of this.

My Mood
    Cold
    If he's already made up his mind to leave then it won't matter he will be doing this soon

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lehv8sndFL1qzdf0go1_500.gif

I have no idea on whether he is going or not. I do know that he is no where near ready to go physically. He does have the swagger etc. that pj3 does have not have and may never have but pj3 is much much closer physically.

I saw at least 5 guys wearing blue on Saturday that are a lot more closer. This is a deep NBA draft since a lot of guys stayed in college due to labor issues. A guy who sat a lot because we were more effective with Walton in a 3 guard mtn defense in tough games is not ready to go pro. Having said all that, if he is assured of even being a mid to late 1st round pick then there is a lot of guaranteed money to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by krock4487 View Post
    If he's already made up his mind to leave then it won't matter he will be doing this soon

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lehv8sndFL1qzdf0go1_500.gif
    Yea I know, but he could have 4 times that if he decided to stay one more year imo.

My Mood
    Cold
    Yea I know, but he could have 4 times that if he decided to stay one more year imo.
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Definitely should stay.

I can't say what he will do, only what he should do and what I think he will do. That is of course stay in college. He could be a lottery pick if he stays in college one more year and gets a chance to be "the man".

He could do so much for himself and our team if he come back for one more. Sure hope he decides to.

My Mood
    Fine
    It would be nice for him to stay. Baylor could become the "2-and-done" college.

He should stay. If you cannot dominate the college game, how are you going to dominate the pro game? This draft is loaded and another year would make him bigger and stronger. Everyone wants to be the next Durant but he dominated college players, then he left to go pro.
    Guys like Allen Iverson, Shaq, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Jason Kidd were all dominating in college. They also were smart enough to stick around two seasons. Unless you want less money, instant gratification, an opportunity to carry luggage for the veteran players and sit the bench, then go pro.
    However, if you want to mature, get drafted higher and go make a difference as a rookie, stay in college.
    Look at the Kentucky game, he didn't do much against those guys. Most every player was a star in college. Most are role players in the NBA if they can make it.
    Whoever is telling him to go pro doesn't get it. His potential draft money goes through the roof after his sophomore season and endorsement deals could be in the making. A college star is easier to market than some guy that wasn't big in college. Unless you read rivals and all the hype, most NBA fans have no clue who Miller is as a player or as person.

Take out an insurance policy. That's a good way if it is all about money to be safe.

Thread Information