+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Decision will be made this week

According to Katz, Miller and PJIII will announce this week what their plans are after Drew has a chance to talk to them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...raft-decisions

3-point shot: Baylor weighs draft decisions

By Andy Katz

1. Baylor coach Scott Drew said an NBA draft early-entry decision from Perry Jones III and Quincy Miller will come at some point this week after he sits down and meets with the families. If both were to return then the Bears would be one of the favorites again in the Big 12 and possibly a Final Four.

2. Washington coach Lorenzo Romar said Tony Wroten Jr., would likely make up his mind sometime this week, as well. The Huskies lost Terrence Ross to the NBA Sunday when he officially declared for the draft. The Huskies underachieved this season by failing to reach the NCAA tournament despite winning the Pac-12 regular-season title.

3. Mississippi State pulled a sleeper out of the coaching carousel when they hired Clemson associate head coach Rick Ray. This was a stunner. But it also shows how difficult a time it is for these schools to lure a high-major coach away from another significant gig, let alone a head coach who is comfortable at a conference outside the power six. Times have changed in coaching as more coaches are content to stay put if they’re winning, compensated well, and have a chance to make the NCAA tournament.

My Mood
    Fine
    I'm going to take Miller at his word that he will return, unless there is a family obligation that persuades him to leave.

My Mood
    Cynical
    If both were to return then the Bears would be one of the favorites again in the Big 12 and possibly a Final Four.
    One can dream, right?

Not to rain on Andy Katz's parade but basically all draft decisions will be made this week. Cut-off is in 8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty View Post
    Not to rain on Andy Katz's parade but basically all draft decisions will be made this week. Cut-off is in 8 days.
    I figured that was probably the case. Not only are you raining on Katz's parade, now you are raining on mine. Thanks a lot.

My Mood
    Breezy
    1 more year Q!

Quote Originally Posted by Bona Fide Bear View Post
    I figured that was probably the case. Not only are you raining on Katz's parade, now you are raining on mine. Thanks a lot.
    Forgive me, Bona Fide. I meant only to rain on the parades of sportwriters inventing scoops!

I do appreciate the info that they are both meeting with Drew this week.

Fwiw all info I've heard has Perry gone. Can't blame him, and I appreciate his 2 years here.

I wish PJ3 all the best if he leaves. I'm glad he gave us 2 great years and his dedication to our team will never be forgotten.

I really hope Q Miller stays. With Austin and co coming and the team we have now Q could be huge next season.

My Mood
    Amused
    Miller needs to spend the rest of the spring and the summer in the weight room bulking up his upper body.

PJIII is gonna get some NBA GM fired...no way he is ready to play in the NBA.

My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by goldflake View Post
    Things you heard someone on tv say for 300?

http://www.urbannewsroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Alex+Trebek+Jeopardy+IBM+Man+V+Machine+Press+F8W4Z 2H4U4xl.jpg

My Mood
    Fine
    Listen to Mike Wilbon I see. You said it word for word.

My Mood
    Fine
    You know, I really don't care about that. He is the type of player that even if he is not s superstar (and I'm not sure he will be), he will be on a roster for 10+ years. Have you seen some of the players that make up rosters? PJIII needs to get money for his family, and if he averages 6 ppg and 4 rpg for 10 years and makes $20 million, I'll be ecstatic for him.

PJ is gone. Decision has been made for weeks. Still hearing mixed signals on Miller.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    QM keeps retweeting stuff that talks about him being back at Baylor next year. Not definitive (obviously), but it's odd that he would retweet so much of that stuff if he wasn't planning on being back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBooFan View Post
    Great idea, I need to post more Iowa stuff. Thanks for reminding me.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Blog Entries
    Miller will stay.

I really hope....neither is ready for the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by rjd526 View Post
    Listen to Mike Wilbon I see. You said it word for word.
    Haven't seen or heard from Mike Wilbon since I got a job 10 years ago ha! But if he said that he's right.

My Mood
    Happy
    If they both stayed, with 4 coming in, would we ok on the scholarship limit? I assume we'd figure it out if they want to come back and play, but was just wondering about the numbers...

Gathers, Chad R, Rose, Austin, Bobo, Gforce, Bello, Pjax, Hes, Miller, PJ, Cory, Walton = 13. So, unless he planned on giving Neubert or Lowery schollies, he'd be ok I believe. But I know he prefers to leave 1 open in case of a transfer that might become available.

My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCynic View Post
    Gathers, Chad R, Rose, Austin, Bobo, Gforce, Bello, Pjax, Hes, Miller, PJ, Cory, Walton = 13. So, unless he planned on giving Neubert or Lowery schollies, he'd be ok I believe. But I know he prefers to leave 1 open in case of a transfer that might become available.
    looks like a pretty good roster to me...

Thread Information